February 2014 Moms
Options

Chikabiddy in L&D **UPDATE: She's here**

chikabiddychikabiddy member
edited February 2014 in February 2014 Moms
I had high BP at my appointment Wednesday and so they had me come in to the office this morning to check it again. It was still high so my midwife sent me to L&D to be induced. I'm currently on pitocin and just hoping it all goes quickly and smoothly. Hopefully our LO will be here today! 

Here's our update and birth story:

Short Version: Our baby girl was born at 9:17 on Friday night. She was 6lbs and 15 oz and 20 in long. 

Long Version: I got to the hospital and started pitocin around 9:30. I was 3 cm and 70% when I got to the hospital, which my midwife wasn't expecting so that started out pretty good. My midwife came back to check me at 12:30 and I had progressed to 4 cm so she broke my water. After that my contractions started getting really intense and painful. I got an epidural around 1:30 and that helped a ton. I was able to relax and nap a little until 5 when my midwife came back to check me again. I was only at 5 cm (100% effaced) so she had them increase the pitocin.

Around 8 I started feeling a lot of pressure so the nurse checked me and I had progressed to 8cm. At 8:30 the pressure was really bad and I felt like I needed to push. The nurse came back and checked me again and I was 10cm but the baby was still kind of high so she suggested I go as long as I could without pushing and let the baby move lower. 15 or so minutes later I couldn't wait anymore; the nurse called my midwife and then came and had me start pushing. After 30 minutes of pushing (my midwife made it for the last 15) Kai was born. We did skin to skin and she started nursing pretty quick. We are both doing great and recovering well (nursing is hard though!).

Here's a picture of our little angel!

Re: Chikabiddy in L&D **UPDATE: She's here**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"