May 2014 Moms

(NBR) Show me your rings!

Re: (NBR) Show me your rings!

• TherebeDragons I LOVE your blue topaz ring! Im obsessed with the glacier topaz's and that looks almost alike :)
    Our engagement story is complicated (I proposed) but we picked out the ring together out of our vacation mad money fund. MILs engagement ring had been peridot so going with an untraditional stone felt right (and years later SILs engagement ring is aquamarine- its fun that we both went with blue stones) and I had a wide choice of colors. Chose the one that reminded me of DHs eyes. Such a pretty light blue.

I find aquamarine a little too icy most of the time although I have a stunning aquamarine ring from DHs grandmother's estate- its a deeper blue than usual for that stone. Blue topaz is almost always the right shade :) and refreshingly inexpensive depending on the setting and companion stones.

I love the few diamond pieces I have- but they're all inherited (apart from the chips. Chips are everywhere) and I can't imagine spending that much on a pretty stone when its not my favorite.
    oh so weird! Our engagement is kinda like yours! I brought it up.. he agreed and said he would love to marry me, he was just too nervous to ever bring it up! hehe.. we bought my ring with our tax money, and his with some of the money his aunt gave us for our honeymoon.

Originally were looking for aquamarine rings(my birthstone) I loved the color but the jeweler told me aquamarines were a softer stone and that topaz would last longer and scratch less. So I started looking at all the topaz's and just fell in love with them. I thought about going with a blue sapphire but kept going back to the lighter blues, they are so pretty! The ring we bought is all small diamonds but they can be taken out and upgraded to a larger stone or in my case I want to pick out a glacier topaz and put it in there. It just ended up that the small diamonds were cheaper then one big topaz so ya.. boo! lol..We meant to upgrade it by now.. we thought of doing it in September(1 year anniversary) but found out I was pregnant so that got thrown out the window for the moment =P

BabyName Tickerphoto 75ef5a71-68f7-493a-9994-4a2f39b863ae_zps6e964811.jpg
    ~*March Siggy Challenge-Favorite Dr. Suess Book*~
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • demofea01 said:
    I want to play! SO hasn't put a ring on it yet but I want something similar to this. I love love love opals.
    Opals are so pretty! dying for opal earrings :o

BabyFruit Ticker

• Kay4244 said:
    I love the heart on the side. Husband picked the ring out himself. My husband and I will be married 10 years in April. Hard to believe we were just 20 and 21 when we got married.
    that heart is so cool!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I could look at rings all day long.  Which is weird because I am literally a wear the same stuff everyday type of girl. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • I could look at rings all day long.  Which is weird because I am literally a wear the same stuff everyday type of girl. 

Me too! I love the stories of people's rings too! I do not accessorize at all. I wear my wedding/engagement ring and I rotate through a few necklaces DH or my mom have given me for special occasions. I just changed mine from October because my mom got me a really awesome necklace for my graduation.
  • You know what is really bumming me out?  I love wearing earrings and ever since I was pregnant with Asher, all my gold and silver stuff has caused an allergic reaction.  It is so strange.  I need my H to reset everything in titanium for me so I can wear them again, but he is being a lazy butt.  I really like to wear them when I dress up and I've been naked earred for like 4 years now. 

Infertility

My Spring Babies! 
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • @cynthiA6206 @madelined633 if i had picked out my ring, that is exactly what i would've chosen. LOVE the solitaire + pave.

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• You know what is really bumming me out?  I love wearing earrings and ever since I was pregnant with Asher, all my gold and silver stuff has caused an allergic reaction.  It is so strange.  I need my H to reset everything in titanium for me so I can wear them again, but he is being a lazy butt.  I really like to wear them when I dress up and I've been naked earred for like 4 years now. 

Have you tried again since being pregnant this go around? Ironically, for me I started out being allergic to absolutely everything. The only jewelry I could wear was rings and those only if they were gold or platinum. I couldn't even wear gold earrings. When I got pregnant things changed or at least I think that's what did it. I have a sterling silver necklace with Elliott and Ryland's footprints on it that I'm able to wear for the first time ever. I've never had a problem with it even though in the past I've had to take a steroid shot from a silver necklace reaction. Maybe things reversed for you with Lola?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage

• ajsweeton said:
    You know what is really bumming me out?  I love wearing earrings and ever since I was pregnant with Asher, all my gold and silver stuff has caused an allergic reaction.  It is so strange.  I need my H to reset everything in titanium for me so I can wear them again, but he is being a lazy butt.  I really like to wear them when I dress up and I've been naked earred for like 4 years now. 
    Have you tried again since being pregnant this go around? Ironically, for me I started out being allergic to absolutely everything. The only jewelry I could wear was rings and those only if they were gold or platinum. I couldn't even wear gold earrings. When I got pregnant things changed or at least I think that's what did it. I have a sterling silver necklace with Elliott and Ryland's footprints on it that I'm able to wear for the first time ever. I've never had a problem with it even though in the past I've had to take a steroid shot from a silver necklace reaction. Maybe things reversed for you with Lola?
    I haven't.  I shoudl try again

Infertility

My Spring Babies! 
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • I love everyone's rings! 

I like simple and DH got me simple :) 
    Dayyyuummm! I'm obsessed!
  • @raebee18, I am in love with your snowflake!! I have a huge thing for snowflakes, it's part of my decorating inspiration for Christmas. It's stunning!!

@savannah_girl, my MIL has a similar sapphire ring to yours that FIL gave to her 30+ years ago. Some day it will be passed on to me.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • I'm very jealous of all you that your husbands design them. My husband is not that kind of guy. We actually went to look at rings together because his style and my style were completely different. I chose my favorites and then he chose from there :) all your hubby's did great!!!
  • @Kendy20, that's my exact set only in white gold! (Sorry, on mobile I can't tell if yours is white gold or yellow gold.) I loove the tulip setting on the side, too!
  • Wanted something so incredibly simple. My husband had it made and it's perfect! Kept my wedding bands simple - 1 rose gold, 1 gold. E-ring is platinum. 
    I love the stone setting.  It's amazing.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • hcorcoran said:
    All gorgeous! Here's mine. DH designed it, which makes me love it even more!
    Forgot to add our story:

I was convinced we wouldn't be getting engaged for a long time.  I was in the process of buying a townhome and he was so angry about it!  I couldn't understand why he wasn't happy that I was getting my own place after saving through my first 2 years of teaching.  I thought he would be excited because he was living with his parents and would have a place to escape.

DH and I now are on the directing team for a YMCA summer camp, but we were counselors before we were directors.  Halfway through the week, we were running some rag ceremonies for other counselors.  He asked if I could stay up there to talk to him after the ceremonies were complete.  I was still totally clueless as to what was going on.  After everyone else left, it was pretty much a blur and before I knew it, he was down on one knee with my ring!

He was so nervous all week because he had the ring in his backpack and didn't want to lose it and I was terrified the rest of the week that I would lose it at camp.

We get to go up to the camp this weekend for snow camp, which I am really looking forward to since I will miss our summer session this year.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"