Boston Babies

Public cord blood banking

I'm delivering at South Shore Hospital.  While they don't really do cord blood banking, my doctor said that if I get the materials then they will collect it.  I'm not interested in the private cord blood banking, but I'd love to do the public cord blood banking.  I just can't seem to find any information about public banking in Massachusetts.  Has anyone else looked into this and can recommend a company or website?

Re: Public cord blood banking

• I know that when I delivered that public cord blood banking is done at individual hospitals.  The hospital that I delivered at participated in public blood banking.   
  • Kameelarw said:
    I know that when I delivered that public cord blood banking is done at individual hospitals.  The hospital that I delivered at participated in public blood banking.   
    This.  I'm surprised your hospital doesn't do it.  Maybe you could get information about public banking from a hospital that does do it?  
  • Loading the player...
  • I tried to do this at South Shore hospital with DD back in 2012 but it was a no go. Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"