January 2013 Moms

Won't drink WCM

I'm trying to introduce WCM to DD, but she doesn't seem to want to drink it. She will not touch homo milk unless I dilute it down with 1 percent, but even then she will only drink maybe 1 oz total. I really need her to get the fat from the homo milk as she lost a pound between December and January.
Any thoughts on how to get her to drink milk? Or any other suggestions on what to give her to get her weight up?
Thanks!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Won't drink WCM

• What was she having before?  We just do 2 oz formula with the milk.  She now will drink milk alone although she wouldn't at first.  I figure keeping a little formula in there can't hurt since we aren't exactly doing great with veggies since I'm pregnant and can't stand to cook.  We let her eat cheese, avocado, baby cookies...these probably help our baby stay fat.
  • She is EBF. I guess I should have added that in :-)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • My DD doesn't like WCM either. I've tried it a few different times. Now she drinks almond milk.

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker          

• We mixed frozen bm with wcm for a bit before he got used to just the whole milk. Smoothies are a good idea, too.
  • DD wont take it by itself yet. I started mixing BM with the WCM and that seemed to help. Can you try mixing in BM? We are also still giving it in a bottle warmed up until she gets used to the taste. If she doesn't take to WCM I am going to try Almond milk since it is sweeter like BM. I am also giving her lots of yogurt and cheese. We also have weight issues so I am giving her some ice cream too.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"