January 2013 Moms

I forgot about IKEA...

Omg! I was searching for a kid table and chairs set and came across one at IKEA for $20!!! Wow. So, I poked around on the website and was surprised at how inexpensive and awesome most of the toys are as well. I've experienced their cheap furniture (great quality for the price) but I'm wondering about the toys. Anyone have anything they love/hate? Everything is just so cute and simple and it seems too good to be true, haha.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I forgot about IKEA...

• My SIL has that $20 kid table and chairs and it's surprisingly sturdy.

• martha919martha919 member
    edited February 2014
    I thought about the easel...I'm looking to use Amelia's birthday gift money on things she'll enjoy until next Christmas/birthday because we don't really have a bunch of toy money in the budget. :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks! I have to hold off on purchasing, unfortunately, until we know where we're moving in the next 3-6 weeks. I know where I'd put the table in our current place, but...I'd hate to have it live at my parents' if it doesn't fit in our next place, plus I don't want more things to move. But I SO wanna buy it NOW! Lol. I don't do well with money in my pocket. ;-)
  • I love ikea toys! We have the walker cart and my DD loves it! We also have the house with the shape blocks, the wire bead thing and a hand puppet. My DD loves all of them. I also like that some of their toys aren't made in China.

• We're going to use Expedit bookshelves as storage benches for a playroom....

https://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com/2012/04/playroom-progress-sweet-seating-part-1.html
  • court115court115 member
    edited February 2014
    I LOVE IKEA!! I just went there last week and spent way more than I should have. I bought a table and chair set for T and it's wonderful and super sturdy. He also has a lot of their toys because they're so cheap and they don't need batteries. I would rather him play with stuffed fruit or a wooden train set than something electronic. He also has one of their castle tents that he loves to crawl in and out of.

We also have the Expedit shelves. We have two of them - one in the play room and one in the dining room. Besides kids' stuff, they have a lot of wonderful organization stuff.

I really love Ikea. Can you tell? ;)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I love IKEA. I wish they sold more stuff online.
  • I don't know, guys. I may not be able to hold out until the move...I keep thinking of ways we could use that little table, haha. I'm hopeless. ;-)
  • When you walk in my house, you'd think you walked into Ikea. It's rather pathetic. DS's Ikea favorites are currently his giant circus tent, tunnel and house, table and chairs, cars that you assemble like blocks, stuffed dogs, and barn with animals. Gosh I love ikea...

BPF 1. Baby Girl "Petri" 12/22/11 Said goodbye 12/27/11

BPF 2. Baby Boy "Roo" 1/20/12 Heartbeat 160b/m 2/15/12 Said goodbye 2/20/12

BPF 3. Rainbow Baby Boy "Creed"  4/28/12 Born healthy and alive 1/5/13

BFP 4. "Rainbow 2.0" 8/17/14 due 4/28/15

"Darling don't be afraid. I have loved you a thousand years. I love you a thousand more."

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"