Parenting

PLL/RW

@MrsJakes @babyf89 @GotGingy @spooko @Rae1105 @Cate1234 @OkayKelci@Dubwife79 @ardmhs83

I tried watching last night, but DS was fighting sleep and being loud, so I missed bits and pieces of PLL.

PLL: Ezra is a sketch ball. Aria is delusional. Spencer is a genius. And for once I feel bad for Shana. I think that's all I've got for right now until y'all give some input, too, to help me remember things.

RW: I'm so confused about Collins. So he really is good and was just trying to keep Miranda away so she wouldn't get hurt? Well, her ghost self can have old ghost Caleb, leave the real Caleb alone. He's taken. (I know they're broken up but I don't want them to be.) I'm glad Dillon is gone now. What a douche. But that confuses me, too. So he somehow got out of being killed by helping that creep in the black coat and hat?
DD {6.13.10} & DS {5.19.12}

Re: PLL/RW

• So, it seemed weird to me that Aria kept leaving the cabin to take pictures, and then Ezra kept receiving pictures that could have been taken while she was gone. Their conversations wouldn't make sense though if she was helping him, though. It just struck me as odd. Also, Lucas was really good with a camera, and he's not been seen in a long time. 

I think Collins was trying to help. He tried to get Miranda to leave, but she wouldn't. I think he knew that she was part of the pact, and he wanted her to leave to keep her safe. I would really love for Miranda to "hook up" with Original Caleb. Hopefully, Original Caleb can be of some use in helping to break the curse. 
    DS <October 2010>
  • OK before I get sucked into this bullshit I call work I will jump on here!

PLL: That whole theory I had that Ezra was pretending to be on the A-Team to help Aria is diminishing more and more every Tuesday. He's gotten so creepy. And when he told Aria in the cabin that maybe her friends wouldn't understand and she needs to grow away from them (or however he said it) made me legitimately cringe and flashback. That's some abusive shit right there. I am so glad Toby was not in this episode. I was getting real sick of that story line when, as of right now, there is no correlation. Spencer is very smart and I am glad the other 2 girls aren't being "Oh no Fitz would never do that you are wrong and crazy" At least they are giving her a chance to show it.

RW: This one confused me but didn't at the same time if that makes sense. I'm glad they were able to have that little vision or whatever, but that was just a little too tidy and out of the blue. I had a feeling Collins was possibly good but I still don't understand what the hell happened. So he let Old Caleb go? Why haven't we seen Old Caleb? If Collins had his hair and he was still around, where the hell has he been? And what happens to New Caleb? I don't get it.

• Loading the player...
  • @MrsJakes I didn't even think about the whole Aria with the camera thing. BUT, the one hiding out in the car had a huge lens, Aria had a regular lens. Plus, Aria was in bed sleeping while someone was taking pictures of Spencer and Hanna outside Fitz's place, so... But that was a good catch.

Yes, I really hope Original Caleb is able to help them figure out (and hopefully break) the curse.

@Rae1105 I missed him saying that. What a creep! He just knows her friends are catching on, I think. And I'm also over the Toby shit. Yay for closure!

Yes, he let Original Caleb go instead of Miranda. I'm not sure where Original Caleb has been hiding, but really the only other ghosts we've seen are Ms. Grenwald's mom and that Crying Ryan guy, so we could ask where for all of them, really.
  • I look into things way too much. Try to find all the hidden symbolism and crap.

Also, @mrsjakes it couldn't have been Aria because at the very end when you see A there are close up pictures of Aria sleeping and stuff! I think it was Aria...it looked like her.

• My sisters theory is that Ezra has a twin. Which kind of makes sense since he was in the car one second and then back in the cabin in different clothes the next. But that does not explain the creepy basement.
  • That would be entirely too many twins. That would piss off fans of the books too because Ezra is not supposed to be the one with the twin

• I was so hoping there would be a PLL/RW thread today :)

PLL: I thought this episode was really good.  Obviously, Ezra isn't working alone. We didn't see Mona this episode, so she could have been the one helping. Or maybe Paige.  I also really like the Lucas theory, I didn't even think of that.  I still think that Wren is sketchy, and that was his prescription pads they showed at the end.  I think the cop that has befriended Hanna may also need closer inspection, but I do like that Hanna's character is growing, and becoming quite smart.  

And what do you all think of Ali?  Victim?  In on this?  I find it odd that she would trust Shana over everyone else.

RW:  I am glad to have a few answers here.  I always assumed that Mr. Collins was actually trying to help, but I am glad to have confirmation of that.  I too, wondered where the ghosts are, since Original Caleb came back.  I hope that Miranda hooks up with OC, and PLL Caleb decides to return home to Rosewood.  That would be 2 hours of Caleb, since he can then legitimately be on both shows at the same time!

Oh, and am I the only one who thinks that Remy's dad is involved somehow?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MrsJakesMrsJakes member
    edited February 2014
    I don't feel like I totally understand the ending of Ravenswood either. Why are most of the spirits "scary" like the blind guy or Grunwald's daughter, but then Miranda is just normal? Breaking the jar just allows them to be free to leave the cemetery, so why did that make Original Caleb show up? Where was he before?

I know the Aria picture thing doesn't make sense. But when Ezra said, "I didn't expect you to be gone so long." It just struck me as odd, like she was probably hiding something. She's good at that. Maybe it was nothing though.
    DS <October 2010>
  • I have a hard time thinking of Ali as a victim. She did a lot of things when she was still around that led her to this point. I felt bad for her last night that she's running out of options, but it seems to me that she created this situation.
    DS <October 2010>
  • Remy's dad is totally involved. It seems like every important person in town knows about the curse. It would only make sense that the owner of the town paper would know what's going on.
    DS <October 2010>
  • I agree with the Ali thing.  She has always been such a bully, that it is hard to believe that she is just a scared little victim.  Maybe she was the original A, but got in over her head, messed with the wrong person (Ezra), and then he turned the tables on her...   In fact, now that I am thinking about this theory, that could make sense.  I mean, Shana has been taking orders from Ali, not "A", while everyone else is being controlled by A.  Wouldn't Shana have been a prime target for A if A wasn't Ali?  Or, maybe I am forgetting some Shana details...

• The only explanation I have for Shana is that Ali was friends with her from visiting her grandma's house in GA. Whoever is targeting Ali may not know of that connection.
    DS <October 2010>
  • @ suziqnc The thought of Remy's dad having anything to do with this never crossed my mind. But now that's you say it, how could he not know about the pact?

@MrsJakes I don't think the spirits are scary. I mean, that Ryan guy was crying blood, which is freaky, but he is there to help. And Ms Grunwald's mom is just a bitch cause she doesn't want the pact broken cause then she can't look after her daughter.

My question is, how do they choose what 5 teens are going to be killed? I mean, Collins knew Miranda was in trouble, that's why he didn't want her there. Most of them seem random, except for Miranda and Caleb.
  • @kimandhuck  I think maybe the chosen 5 are descendants of the original 5, except where one is traded for another.  I think Remy's dad seems suspect to me because he is always very defensive, plus as mentioned earlier, owning the paper makes him privy to most things.

• All I know is I saw absolutely NO bare chested men this week. NOT ACCEPTABLE

• @Rae1105 Will this do?

• @Rae1105 Will this do?

Well hello wren. I think that show would infinitely better if they just showed that pic for an hour.

• Oh sweet Jesus. Can we spiral into pictures of the men of PLL?!

• PLL: This was a really good episode!  I really don't like Ezra anymore!  He's a creep and Aria not knowing this is driving me batty.  I really am thinking one of the girls will be involved in the end. Right now Aria seems like she could be the one, but who knows.  I still am hoping I'm wrong.  I think Mona could still be involved, she is shady.  She is also getting super close with Aria's brother, only to spy on the girls more.  I also think the new guidance counselor could be involved.  Maybe he is one of Ezra's old friends.  I know they played like they didn't know one another in the file room, but that could be for show??  This show has my head spinning right now! lol

RW: I enjoyed this episode as well.  Glad Dylan is dead, although his ghost may return? I think Collins is really trying to help, in his own creepy way.  So the Caleb at the end was old Caleb then?  Hope so, I also want PLL Caleb to be with Hanna.  I'm glad Hanna knows a little of what is going on now, maybe that will help her understand now that he's not cheating.  Also...remember the spider that crawled onto Hanna when she was in the tub?? What ever came of that?  It could pull her further into things as well.  Oh, and Remy's dad is creepy, I agree!  
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• Oh...and am I the only one NOT looking forward to the black and white episode?  I just want the regular PLL's next week! :-( 
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• I am not really looking forward to the black and white episode either.  Those special episodes usually just end up confusing me more, they always create more questions/potential suspects.  PLL makes me suspicious of everyone!  I would be super pissed if one of the girls ended up being A.  

I also wonder about the spider in RW.  

• you know, there are SO many theories out there on who is and isn't "A" . And they have some really fantastic arguments!

• I think that the show has done an amazing job with creating reasonable doubt for every character on the show!  I do love hearing other people's theories!

• I'm a total PLL addict...but I didn't jump on Ravenswood...should I?

I liked this episode and finally feel like we are getting somewhere. After every episode I do have to laugh at the fact that these girls are in high school.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"