May 2014 Moms
Options

Okay.. Am I going crazy or can you guys smell your pee?

So... Yeah. I thought I noticed a scent everytime I peed when I first got pregnant. Not a bad scent.. But a scent I never smelled before either. Now here I am 25 weeks along and I swear I can really smell it now everytime. What in the world?! Am I just a freak or what? It doesn't smell like a scent you would think of when pee comes to mind. Idk.. Tmi I know, but who else am I to ask. My OH would look at me like I was insane.

Re: Okay.. Am I going crazy or can you guys smell your pee?

• Options
    Umm....pee stinks? If you noticed a change in smell it could just be diet but I would probably mention it to the dr. My pee gets really smelly when I have a UTI.

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    It doesn't smell bad though. I know I sound so insane. Almost smells kind of mineral like. I will mention it to the doc next appt.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That makes sense. Thanks! It's the little things in life that puzzle me. Lol.
  • Options
    Like I said, could be diet or it could be something else. Who knows.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    Im the same way. Last time I smelt my pee this strongly was when I was taking a hair vitamin pre prego. So Ya I bet its the prenatal vitamin!

BabyName Tickerphoto 75ef5a71-68f7-493a-9994-4a2f39b863ae_zps6e964811.jpg
    ~*March Siggy Challenge-Favorite Dr. Suess Book*~
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I haven't really noticed my pee smelling, but I will say that every single thing smells more intense. It's crazy, but this is how I got during my first pregnancy too. DH and I call it my super sniffer. I can smell things from a mile away now!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It may be a combo of prenatal vitamins and extra sensitive nose. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water your pee should be clear or very very light colored. Dark pee has more of a smell and if it is dark at all you need lots more water.
    Also some toilet bowl cleaners have a lasting sent, could be something like that.
  • Options
    I've never not been able to smell my pee. Everyone's pee has an odor. You may notice it more now that pregnancy has made your nose more sensitive, but I can guarantee your pee has always had a smell.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    I can! It started before got my prenatals too. The heighten sense of smell is just a side effect of being pregnant.
  • Options
    I haven't noticed anything, but I think I read somewhere that it does/or you yourself down there smell different because of all the bodily& hormonal changes & discharge-- and that's one of the reasons why dogs can "tell" that you're pregnant. They don't really know your are pregnant for say, but they can tell something different is going on because of humans change of scent while pregnant.
  • Options
    After I had my daughter I swore my pee smelled like my breastmilk. Now that I'm pregnant again, It once in a while has that same sent... Not that I'm in there smelling it, it's just pretty strong haha. Not bad, like you said, just weird.
  • Options
    You're not alone! I thought I was crazy too haha
  • Options
    Ur not crazy! My pee really smells funny sometimes!... Just since pregnancy! It's weird...
  • Options
    I think it's your prenatal vitamins. I noticed a slight change in the smell after I started taking them. Unless you've been eating a lot of asparagus...
  • Options
    Im on an organic prenatal vitamin and I really do have a different Oder to my urine. My DH even made a comment about it the other day when I forgot to flush... Oh well!
  • Options
    You are not insane! I totally started noticing this recently too and it makes perfect sense that its the prenatals.  Sometimes I forget to take mine but keep them on the bathroom sink so will take it just before bed and low and behold the strong mineral pee smell in the morning.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I thought I could smell mine in the beginning of my pregnancy, but I don't smell anything now. I just checked when I was in the bathroom(tmi)!
    I wouldn't worry if it isn't a really strong, distinctive odor. If it is I would want to mention it to my dr at the next appointment.
    I was in the ob/gyn office and had to use the bathroom and someone ahead if me had the worst smelling urine! It was so bad I had to cover my nose with my sleeve. It made me think there had to be something wrong.
  • Options
    It's mostly likely your vitamins, but check with your doctor and drink more water.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"