February 2014 Moms
Options

can you use adult "wet wipes" on a baby?

I've been using these throughout pregnancy to help with the 'roids and when I asked my husband to pick some up he got a huge case from Costco, saying we could use them on the baby. Anyone know if that's ok?  I've bought some sensitive baby wipes to start with, but could these be ok as she gets older?  I see nothing on the packaging that indicates either way if they are baby safe. TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: can you use adult "wet wipes" on a baby?

• Options
    I wouldn't use them on a newborn/infant but I would use them on an older baby/toddler.  They are particularly handy during potty training (assuming these are the flushable ones?)  Anyway, my take on wet wipes is that there is no such thing as too many.  I have a pack in each car, diaper bag, kitchen, living room, bedrooms, etc.  Particularly when we are out and about, I have actually had to give my son a full on bath with wet wipes when he decided to do some poop painting in the car on a road trip.  Motherhood is awesome.

• Options
    I think once you hit around 4-6 weeks it'd be fine.  By then you'll know if your baby has particularly sensitive skin,

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry I didn't clarify -- they're Kirkland flushable toilet wipes.  Once I receive our actual baby wipes (ordered from Amazon), I'll compare ingredients and see if they seem pretty similar. I definitely won't use them right away though.  Thanks!
  • Options
    We have the Kirkland Flushable Wipes that we use for us & our preschooler. They're great for potty training. I actually don't find them very 'sturdy'. They tear & rip very easily. I did go & buy one of those Huggies refillable containers & I keep it on the back of the toilet & I refill it with the Flushable wipes. Looks nicer then just the plastic packaging.
  • Options
    jpoindahousejpoindahouse member
    edited February 2014
    kak808 said:

Sorry I didn't clarify -- they're Kirkland flushable toilet wipes.  Once I receive our actual baby wipes (ordered from Amazon), I'll compare ingredients and see if they seem pretty similar. I definitely won't use them right away though.
     Thanks!

This isn't what you asked, but I feel the need to chime in and warn you: don't flush them even though they say flushable! I made this mistake and learned with a very expensive plumbing bill. Those wipes don't disintegrate in your pipes/ sewage line the way toilet paper does.

• Options
    At BRU I found some flushable wipes made by Babyganics. I'm going to buy a pack and compare them to the Kirkland wipes. I'll get back to you if they are similar.
  • Options
    They are typically the same. Make sure they're not medicated. Baby wipes are less dense and not as large
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"