Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Best fabric for small baby blanket

Hi Ladies,

I am going to test my sewing ability, and make a small blankie for my son (not the kind you cover with, but taggie size.  I want it to have satin around the edges.  What fabric would you use for the middle, and where would you get it?  Also, would you suggest using the satin blanket edging that you buy in a package?  Thanks ladies!

Re: Best fabric for small baby blanket

• Options

Use minkee for the blankie!!  You can find it at any good fabric store, Joann's, etc.  You'll either need to use a double layer of minkee (back to back), or some other fabric to back it, as the reverse side is kind of wonky. 

ABSOLUTELY use the packaged satin blanket binding -- you do NOT want to try to make satin bias tap.  

Have fun!

=)

• Options
    imageGladToBeMrs.SRS:

Use minkee for the blankie!!  You can find it at any good fabric store, Joann's, etc.  You'll either need to use a double layer of minkee (back to back), or some other fabric to back it, as the reverse side is kind of wonky. 

ABSOLUTELY use the packaged satin blanket binding -- you do NOT want to try to make satin bias tap.  

Have fun!

=)

Everything I would have said.

Minky Dot is the easiest minky to work with.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    imagethejennigirl:
    imageGladToBeMrs.SRS:

Have fun!

=)

Everything I would have said.

Minky Dot is the easiest minky to work with.

Yeah, that too.  

(I'm feelin' the love here.)

=)

• Options
    :::kisses:::
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ::huggie huggie::
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"