August 2013 Moms

GTKY: Favorite Chick Flick

It's boring around here and I'm watching Pretty Woman which made me think of all the Chick flicks I like. What is your favorite chick flick? And why?

Mine is: The Holiday. What's not to love about Kate Winslet, Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, and Jack Black! Jack Black makes the movie! And I really just like the story line.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Aug.13 May Siggy Challenge: Moms

Re: GTKY: Favorite Chick Flick

• I am a huge Pretty Woman fan. I watch it every time I see it on. I also enjoy My Best Friends Wedding

• Mine was Life As We Know It. I say was, because I feel like if I watched it now as a mother I'd be depressed for two days afterwards! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Love Actually! My favorite movie ever!

Anniversary

• I own a bunch of them! I think my favorite is The Notebook. I just really like the storyline.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I'm watching Pretty Woman too! My fav chick flick is.......Clueless!

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Speshul said:

Is Bridesmaids a chick flick?

Exactly what I was going to ask!

• Sweet home Alabama I don't really know why but I have to see it if it's on and I like Reese Witherspoon in ro coms
  • How to lose a guy in 10 days! Oooo and P.S. I love you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                  Madison & Rylee
                             All of me loves all of you!
  • I love The holiday and Love Sctually, but I think it has to do with watching them around the holidays every year.

I love 500 days is summer. I lurv Joseph Gordon-levitt.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sleepless in Seattle. It's "old" but I love it.
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• Dirty dancing. My mom used to let me watch it with her when I was sick. She said in retrospect it was probably not the best for me to watch but oh well. I still love it.
  • Is Die Hard a chick flick? What about Indiana Jones?
  • 50 first dates?
  • Legally Blonde, The Holiday, 500 Days of Summer, Serendipity. I love chick flicks!
  • I don't know that I can choose just one! Legally Blonde, Sex & the City (the first movie), The Devil Wears Prada, Bride Wars, Pretty Woman, Dirty Dancing, The Cutting Edge, Clueless; I've seen them all more times than I can count. Also, if Mean Girls is a chick flick, add it to my list! I also love good action movies and non-chick flick comedies, so DH and I can always find something to watch.

• Pretty woman dirty dancing and the notebook

Ps I love you is a great one too
  • Ugh I loveeee PS I love you!!
    photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• EricaLee2013EricaLee2013 member
    edited February 2014
    Beaches! Really don't think I would be able to watch that one anymore, though.

Edit: spelling
  • How yo loose a guy in 10 days...seen a billion times...ps I love you...I cry every time...and recently watched whats your number! Lovvved it :)
  • I love Sex and the City, The Notebook, Sixteen Candles, and The Breakfast Club (if the last two count).

• roxpink said:

How to lose a guy in 10 days! Oooo and P.S. I love you.

Yes! How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days is my fave. I just love Kate Hudson and Matthew mcconaughey is hot obv.
  • Beaches! Really don't think I would be able to watch that one anymore, though.

Edit: spelling

@ericalee2013
    That is one of my favorite movies! I'm very sorry for whatever happened to you. I'm assuming you lost a close loved one. Thank you for bringing that movie up. **hugs**

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Bridesmaids is my favorite. I'm not really a fan of rom-coms or chick flicks. I do remember enjoying The First Wives Club. That's really old though.

• I claim to not like chick flicks, but I like most of the movies in this thread. Is Now and Then a chick flick?
    I love that yellow dress Kate Hudson wears in How to Lose a Guy!

@LJUTCMommy is your siggy new? So adorable!
    "The cleaning, the scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So, quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
  • How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days. Hands down! Here's a few more that havent been mentioned -- Blue Crush and Maid In Manhattan.
  • Bridesmaids is my favorite. I'm not really a fan of rom-coms or chick flicks. I do remember enjoying The First Wives Club. That's really old though.

This exactly! I love both of these. I also like 13 Going on 30 and The Devil Wears Prada. And Pretty Woman.
  • I claim to not like chick flicks, but I like most of the movies in this thread. Is Now and Then a chick flick?

Thank you! I put it up last week, but I think TB had tech issues and it just started showing up a couple days ago.

• I am team Bridesmaids too! That movie is so funny and so raunchy. 

• I'm in the bridesmaids club.
    Pretty Woman but all Julia Roberts chick flicks are usually good. I also weep & sob every time I watch the notebook so it's definitely a favorite. I'm ridiculously indecisive so it's impossible for me to pick just one.

Yes it is @LJUTCMommy absolutely adorable!
  • 10 things I hate about you, or a knights tale. love me some heath ledger...

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

BabyFruit Ticker
  • You've Got Mail, Titanic, The Devil Wears Prada, Love Actually
  • @CaliforniaDream87 Titanic is and will always be one of my most favorite movies! I remember going to see it with my BFF when it came out. I was in 7th grade I think.
    I love Titanic, but what I remember about going to see it was how numb my ass was after sitting through the entire thing. 
  • LOVE: Clueless, 10 things I hate about you, Pitch Perfect, Save the last Dance, Dirty Dancing, Bridesmaids, Center Stage, Love Actually, Armageddon (cause really, do guys like that movie?)
  • Great list. I love pretty woman and 10 things I hate about you. Also have to add the vow, Romeo + Juliet, and steel magnolias.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC since July 2011
    HSG normal in May 2012 followed by three unmonitored clomid cycles unsuccessful
    Unexplained female infertility (My husband apparently has super sperm)
    IUI # 1 Nov 24
    BFP Dec 8! EDD Aug 17th, due to Preeclampsia and HELLP, Kylie Penelope was born July 30th!

• All of those previously mentioned are amazing. 

Add Say Anything to that list. 

Lloyd Dobler <3 I've had this weird thing about John Cusack after watching that movie. 

• Dirty Dancing. All day every day.

Had our precious baby girl, Little Miss E, on August 14, 2013  143 → I.love.you.

photo newb_zps36c606c5.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"