April 2013 Moms
Options

Compliment yourself

I feel like we all (myself included) are so quick to be critical of everything we do. What's something you're proud about, or something you've accomplished recently that feels like a personal victory? Brag about yourself, ladies!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Compliment yourself

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    melissad23melissad23 member
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    and now I'm internet paranoid so I'm deleting my previous post - on the very off chance one of my bosses sees it!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Despite my surgery and having to live off of a feeding tube it hasn't slowed me down. Every day I cook, pack H's lunch, do all 3 of our laundry, clean, and take care of A. It might not seem like a ton but I don't consider things setbacks--I look at them as determination and the glass is always half full.

You're amazing and inspiring :)

Thank you so much. That really means a lot to me!
  • Options

When MH leaves for work in the morning, I don't usually know if he'll be home at the end of the day or the end of the week. He's gone more often than I'd like, but I totally pull mommy hood off without him. I never get tired of him coming home after a week and being surprised that the house is cleaned, laundry done, kitchen stocked, etc.

Superwoman, rock it! It's such a great feeling, isn't it?
  • Options
    I got nothing right now.... I'm so hard on myself about everything it's hard to find positive. But I'll think of something :)
  • Options
    This is bad, but I have sat here for a few minutes trying to think of something and I can't!!! Maybe it is trying to hold down the vomit that is making my mind go blank. Ugh.
    Um, how about you're a great mom to your born and unborn children? The fact that you can parent 3 while pregnant with the 4th deserves a medal.
    And you have a job outside the home, and you are still breastfeeding!  I am in awe of all you do.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Grace0609 said:
    JSS1002 said:
    This is bad, but I have sat here for a few minutes trying to think of something and I can't!!! Maybe it is trying to hold down the vomit that is making my mind go blank. Ugh.
    Um, how about you're a great mom to your born and unborn children? The fact that you can parent 3 while pregnant with the 4th deserves a medal.
    And you have a job outside the home, and you are still breastfeeding!  I am in awe of all you do.
    Well thank you.  I think as of today I am done BFing, though.  My nausea hit full force last night and I started taking my antinausea pill.  I don't feel comfortable taking it while nursing, so I think we are done.  DS3 had the stomach flu yesterday so I was giving his EBM in a bottle anyway so I could give it in really small amounts, so I kind of figure this is as good a time as any to wean.
    Either way, ten months is a long time to BF in my book!  I only made it to 4 months. I hope to do it longer this time though -- I was just talking about this with my girlfriends last night and how even though he's bigger and older, it feels like (for me) it would be a lot easier now that he has head and neck control/ strength... the combo of gigantic boobs + big floppy baby + injured wrist just made things very challenging.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm proud of myself for going to the gym almost every day. I can't think of much. I attempted to and was really going to break out of my homebody shell and take T to a baby music class I discovered last week. We both need to socialize. I got all ready and he napped until 11:30 (class started at 11). Actually he is napping until 11-12 every day now so idk what to do.
    IF you do this, please let me know how it goes! I keep meaning to sign J and I up for a "Music Together" class but keep forgetting... but I really do want to do it.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm proud of myself for going to the gym almost every day. I can't think of much. I attempted to and was really going to break out of my homebody shell and take T to a baby music class I discovered last week. We both need to socialize. I got all ready and he napped until 11:30 (class started at 11). Actually he is napping until 11-12 every day now so idk what to do.
    You're doing far more than I am, I am happy for you =) 

• Options
    @JSS1002 Will do! I think they would love it. The girl said it's the most popular of all of their classes, they have a toddler and some other class.

@ClandestineX Thanks Nikki!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This is me. I need to be more social with A but I'm perfectly fine with being a wall flower! I'm trying my best to go and do other things with moms but sometimes, I just can't. Sometimes I love my house way too much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"