January 2013 Moms

Vegan and Vegetarian Moms

I know we have a few on here (myself included) and I need some help coming up with high protein main dishes we can all enjoy. DD has become an opinionated little foodie as of late. She LOVES beans and egg whites (hates yolks but I can't blame her there - yuck) but will no longer eat my go tos of quinoa and tofu. She will literally looks us in the eye and drop the pieces over the side of her tray.  It would be really funny if I wasn't getting so frustrating.   

We don't want to eat beans every night and I'd really prefer to find vegan sources instead of defaulting to dairy products especially when we're also trying to be mindful of her iron.  Any ideas? 

Re: Vegan and Vegetarian Moms

• DD eats egg muffins that I fill with couscous, cheese and vegetables often. She also gets bean burgers frequently. I'm having a hard time though and her 1 year tests came back that she's anemic.
  • I've been using soup mixes (like Bob's Red Mill brand) and adding veggies. The soup will last a few days or I can freeze some. Sometimes I add TVP instead of using beans since I know that beans might get boring to him. Can you make a lasagna or pasta with fake sausage or fake burger? 

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Loading the player...
  • I'm going to check out findingvegan. Thanks for the tip. 

I've tried to hide veggie burgers in things like quesadillas but she just pulls them out and throws them to the side.  I think I'll try the lasagna idea though because with so many ingredients, she'll have a hard time seperating everything (I hope at least). 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"