Babies: 0 - 3 Months

When was LO back up to birth weight?

My DD2 was born Monday at 8 lbs, discharged Wednesday at 7 lbs 7 oz, and was already back up to 7 lbs 11 oz at her doctors appointment Thursday (yea, no feeding issues like with DD1!!). How many of you had babies that had bounced back to their birthweight by their 1 week weight check?
DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

Re: When was LO back up to birth weight?

• My baby was born on a Monday evening, she lost a few ounces in the hospital, but was past her birthweight in 8 or nine days! We had trouble with breastfeeding, so I think the formula helped.
  • I dont know when exactly she got back to birthweight, but by her 2 week check-up she was a few ounces over it.

BabyGaga

• Loading the player...
  • Micah was born at 7 pounds and at 6 days, he was down to 6 pounds 9 ounces. At our two week visit he was 6 pounds 14 ounes so we had to go back week 3 where he was finally up over birth weight at 7.5 pounds. My month old baby is smaller then some newborns. He seems to be gaining better now that I'm pumping and bottle feeding and supplementing with formula.
  • I had DS2 back to doctor yesterday and he was back to his birth weight 7 pounds 7 ounces. He is 10 days old.

• DD2 was a preemie, she was 4lbs 12oz at birth.  She dropped to 4lbs 7oz and was back at her birth weight at 1 week old.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD was born on a Sunday at 8lbs0oz, was down to 7lbs9oz when discharged the next day, had lost again by the time we saw her dr on Wednesday (down to 7lbs3oz) and was back up to 8lbs3oz by Monday.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• He was 6lbs8oz at birth, and 6lbs 1oz when we brought him home. At two weeks, he was 6lbs14 oz. we didn't have a checkup at one week.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • at 6 days old DD was 4oz over her birth weight (born at 7lb 8oz)

• He was EBF and still a few ounces shy of his BW at his 2 week appointment. The pedi wasn't concerned though, since he was born at 9 lb 6 oz and was gaining well enough. I took him back for a weight check 5 days later and he had gained 14 more oz in that time!
  • A week after LO was born he had surpassed birthweight by 7oz. I have a chubby baby who eats a TON though.
    imageimageimageimage

• He is EBF, born at 6lbs 13oz, when discharged from hospital 6lbs 5oz. Back at birth weight 9 days later.

Married 3/17/2005
    M/C #1 2005 - 6wks
    M/C #2 2006 - 7wks
    M/C #3 2008 - 11wks
    Baby Aeneas Born 1/20/2014
  • My dd was born on a Wednesday at 8lbs 1oz she left the hospital on Friday at 7lbs 4oz. She was admitted into the NICU on Monday at 6lbs and diagnosed Failure to Thrive. She was there for a week and went home at 7lbs 1oz. She was 9lbs 4oz at her one month appt.
  • LO was back up to her birth weight at her one week appointment.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image   image
  • My son was born on a Monday weighing 7 pounds 7 ounces. When we left the hospital on Wednesday he had dropped to 7 pounds 2 ounces, and at his first doctor's visit that same Friday he was 8 pounds 2 ounces. Apparently my breastmilk is magic.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Me! I have fatty milk I guess because my newborn only lost one ounce in the hospital and was back up to birth weight two days later. And IIRC my older son lost six ounces in the hospital and surpassed his birth weight by his one week appointment.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It took my LO a month to get back to birth weight. She lost 12% of her body weight in the first four days. We had some feeding issues. She's still a little squirt at 10 weeks, but healthy.
  • At his 2 week appt, my son was 4 oz over his birthweight.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

• My LO took a little under 2 weeks! My doctor told me the goal is to have them back to their birth weight within 2 weeks. Babies are supposed to gain 1/2-1 oz a day! 
  • It took Maddox 2 weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My LO was born at 5LBS 5oz and weighed 5lbs 1oz at discharge. At his two-week checkup he weighed 6lbs 5oz. He had a doctor's appointment last Saturday and was weighing 8lbs 1oz. I was so excited.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"