Baby Showers

Someone returned a gift they bought me on Amazon??? other explantion

mommytoliyahmommytoliyah member
edited January 2014 in Baby Showers
Had one of my bigger items purchased off my Amazon registry and I was stoked!   purchased items went down by 1 and its back on my registry.

I can't think of a reason why they would purchase and then decide to return....wondering if its a glitch in their registry system.

Re: Someone returned a gift they bought me on Amazon??? other explantion

• it might've been a glitch in amazon showing it bought in the first place, or maybe it was out of stock/delayed and the person is going to choose something else instead?

I had the opposite issue with target...things that had already arrived at our house didn't show up as purchased. I think they fixed it now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I don't think it was a glitch showing it bought since the gift givers name and address info was in the thank you list that Amazon creates for you.  I was thinking that either delayed or the item packaging showed up damaged from shipping.

I wonder if I should re add it to my Target registry (I have two regs)
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm the only registry peeker he`re?
    No of course not-- but you are getting yourself worked up enough to post about it.  I would just let it be, and what you get, you get.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

You are not alone, I peeked all the time!
  • It could have arrived damaged and needed to be returned.  Maybe the guest found it cheaper somewhere else and returned the original to Amazon.  Maybe they just changed their mind and bought you something else.

It's a bummer to see things "reappear" on a registry, but remember this piece of advice a coworker once said to one of our pregnant friends:  An item on a registry is not YOURS the moment you scan it with a gun.  It becomes yours when you open it and thank the giver.  So, don't be too heart-broken over a gift you never really had yet anyway.  If it's a big item I'm sure someone/several someones will get it for you, and if not, you'll use gift cards and completion coupons and get it yourself after the shower.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"