October 2014 Moms

Rainbow baby in 2 ways?

After a CP last month (ended @ 5 wks) DH and I are delighted to be expecting again. Unfortunately, we found out this morning that DH's Granny passed away. She was 91 and suffered from congestive heart failure for nearly a decade and took a turn for the worst a few days ago, although not surprising, the whole family is devastated. The pregnancy has not been announced to the family and hadn't been planning on it for another 2 weeks. Do you think 2 weeks after the grandmother's passing would be too soon or do you think the happiness of adding to the family would help with the grief? There hasn't been any death or pregnancy in the family for nearly 10 years, so I'm not sure what would be appropriate. I personally find comfort in the idea that as one soul is going, another is coming.

Re: Rainbow baby in 2 ways?

• I think 2 weeks at the earliest. If my grandmother ever dies (and notice that wording for some avoidant behavior) I will be a wreck. We are very close, and I think I would probably sob for days and unable to function normally for at least weeks. It would be a very very deep grief. I think if anyone told me news like that within days of a death like that, I would just blank it. I wouldn't even be able to be anything other than feeling my grief. I think by talking to your H and his family, you'll be able to see where everyone is with this a little better in the weeks to come. I'm so sorry for your loss.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"