April 2014 Moms

Stress-How do you deal?

How do you deal with stress from anything-baby related or not?

Re: Stress-How do you deal?

• Journal, craft, attend my military wives bible study group, get lost in a book...
  • Loading the player...
  • I clean/organize or do yoga.  A good cry never hurts either. 
  • I usually cry until I'm sobbing. Then I continue to sob while I organize and clean things. Then I stop crying and I'm just organizing/cleaning and then I'm tired so I take a nap. As much as I can't wait for this baby to get here, I feel like a ticking time bomb!!! All I think about is "she's coming and nothing is done!!" That is what makes me the most stressed. And my husband deals by ignoring everything so as you can imagine, it's working out beautifully.
  • Exercising really helps me! Even just going for a walk or hopping on the treadmill for 20 minutes. Truthfully, the only reason I really exercise is to manage my anxiety. So in that way, it's kind of the silver lining to being a highly anxious person. ;) 

• I eat.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Deep breathing/meditation, write in my journal, take a walk, and fold fabric in my studio (since it is always in disarray!)
  • Making to-do lists really helps me manage my stress and anxiety
  • I always say..I do my best thinking in the shower! Light wordless music and yummy candles help me clear my mind and de stress and I can sort out any type of problem.
  • Usually I start of by letting myself feel overwhelmed, whether that means panicking, crying, or whatever emotion.  After about 10 minutes I realize that I'm wasting my time doing this and then I start going into problem solving mode.  I figure out a plan to overcome the problem and then start following the plan.  Once I have something specific to do and focus on, then I become less stressed because I'm starting to solve the problem.
  • Cry lol...play video games or have sex to release some tension.
    My Alice in Wonderland Baby Shower 3/30/2014
    Instagram photo by sassijae - Baby shower time... #laylascoming #sisterinlaw #aliceinwonderland #teaparty #cantwaittilltiffgetshere

October 30, 2011
  • I like to just sit/lie down and think, process whatever it is that's stressing me out, work it out in my mind about the root of the problem and potential resolutions, usually end up crying somewhere in there, talk to my husband about what I've been feeling and thinking and cry if I haven't already, and then once I feel at peace about whatever it is, we have to do something fun/relaxing/light-hearted to get my mind off of everything and to get back into a happy mood. I'm a mess! So glad my husband puts up with me well and is patient with me. :)
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Lay down with my eyes shut in a quiet room...or take a bath with candles and low lighting and a book. Both just scream relaxation to me!
  • I like cleaning and organizing too. Shopping - but that's not the greatest habit. Sometimes just putting on old music jams from the 90's and plucking my eyebrows helps me feel more together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"