Babies on the Brain
Options

Chicken Pox!

The one spot is infected. It is considered impetigo. We were going to wait it out, but she woke up with stuff oozing out of the larger spot.

Damn Ikea!

Re: Chicken Pox!

• Options

I just  came on to check to see what is going on with Allie.  I am surprised.  Poor thing.  NJ is considering upping the varicella vaccine requirement to 2 doses, bc there are still several cases showing up.

hope she recovers quickly.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ugh. Hope it's not too bad for her!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Poor Allie!
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options
    Lyssapee said:

I just  came on to check to see what is going on with Allie.  I am surprised.  Poor thing.  NJ is considering upping the varicella vaccine requirement to 2 doses, bc there are still several cases showing up.

hope she recovers quickly.

Our state requires 2 doses by age 7 for school or a bloodwork showing you had it. I think this will be the norm everywhere eventually.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options
    Oy, I remember that fondly. Actually, aside from the itching, I remember delicious smelling cherry oatmeal baths...maybe you should invite the neighborhood kids over for a slumber party and germ-sharing like they used to do back in the day!
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie:
    ~Santa Claus is Coming to Town~

TTC #1: July 2014
    Me: 31  DH: 29
    DX (me): Inborn error of metabolism - protein restriction, metabolic formula & weekly blood tests
    DNA Results (7/1): DH is NOT a carrier for my genetic disorder! 
    7/3: Metabolic clinic gave the green light to TTC - holy crap!
  • Options
    fredalina said:

They say the younger you get it, the better. I remember going to friends' houses who had it because my mom wanted me to get it before I got too old, but I never did until I was 16. THAT was miserable! I had them EVERYWHERE! Private parts, anus area, even in my nose and throat! Hopefully Allie is young enough it won't be that horrendous and also hopefully the vaccine will make it not as serious.

Holy crap that sounds awful. Mittens - I remember being forced to wear mittens...
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie:
    ~Santa Claus is Coming to Town~

TTC #1: July 2014
    Me: 31  DH: 29
    DX (me): Inborn error of metabolism - protein restriction, metabolic formula & weekly blood tests
    DNA Results (7/1): DH is NOT a carrier for my genetic disorder! 
    7/3: Metabolic clinic gave the green light to TTC - holy crap!
  • Options
    She was in the shower. She started yelling for me. She said "My in pie go! It burns!"
  • Options
    Aw, poor girl. I had chicken pox when I was 7 and I don't remember much about it. Hopefully it won't be too bad!
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Options
    Oh poor Allie!! I was like 4 when I got chicken pox so I don't remember much, other than taking oatmeal baths!
  • Options
    fredalina said:

They say the younger you get it, the better. I remember going to friends' houses who had it because my mom wanted me to get it before I got too old, but I never did until I was 16. THAT was miserable! I had them EVERYWHERE! Private parts, anus area, even in my nose and throat! Hopefully Allie is young enough it won't be that horrendous and also hopefully the vaccine will make it not as serious.

My mom and friends parents did the same thing. Once on of us got it, we'd get it too. Much safer for young children to deal with it. Yours sounds horrible:(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"