April 2014 Moms

NERD RAGE

I needed some nerd venting with my nerd mamas.

First of all - https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=93743  WTF?! Jesse Eisenberg is cute and quirky and all as an awkward nerd, but as LEX effin' LUTHOR? No, no, no. This paired with a 60 lb WW and a Ben Affleck Batman is making think this movie will be a train wreck. And possible intros of Flash and Aquaman as well? No, DC! The reason The Avengers worked is that all of the major characters had been introed in previous movies. You're squeezing in too much.

Second of all - https://www.empireonline.com/xmen/ Same problem with this trainwreck. If you're already having a bajillion mutants in one movie, don't introduce new ones as well. Blink is an awesome character and she only has a super small role, as well as Warpath. And Quicksilver? My god, does he look awful. What is Singer thinking????

Thanks for letting me nerd rage, y'all. What do you guys think? On the bright side, Captain America 2 actually looks promising. Yeah, but that's it. 

Re: NERD RAGE

• I was willing to give Ben Afflec a chance... But Jesse.. Oh hell no! He looks too soft! LL needs a hard edge, and Jesse is too young! Though I thought Kevin Spacey did an amazing job and I would never have picked him to start with...
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • maelic said:

Also, NGL, there is only one Lex Luthor in my heart:

Omg my plan for the day is to sit on the couch watching Smallville... Up to season 3!
  • There is just...Jesse Eisenberg?
    DOFP can go suck a nut as far as I'm concerned, they lost me after x3.

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Jesse Eisenburg as LL?  I want to give him the benefit of the doubt but, just...no.  Well, lets just hope that the director can bring out the magic in him.

As for X-Men DOFP covers, correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Rogue been cut from the movie?  If so, why does she get a cover?  Not happy about the fact that they're cutting established characters, and adding new characters.  Ah well, we shall see.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Twirple said:

Jesse Eisenburg as LL?  I want to give him the benefit of the doubt but, just...no.  Well, lets just hope that the director can bring out the magic in him.

As for X-Men DOFP covers, correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Rogue been cut from the movie?  If so, why does she get a cover?  Not happy about the fact that they're cutting established characters, and adding new characters.  Ah well, we shall see.
    As a kiwi I was gutted to gear Anna Paquin got cut, so its nice shes getting a cover... But very strange otherwise!
  • I just want to curl up in a corner with my comic books and cry.

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Twirple said:
    Jesse Eisenburg as LL?  I want to give him the benefit of the doubt but, just...no.  Well, lets just hope that the director can bring out the magic in him.

Yes, I heard that too. But I also heard that her part was important to the plot line moving and if they removed her they'd have to do major rewrites... maybe she's back in? I don't know, but I hated their interpretation of her anyway. They made her so whiney. My Rogue doesn't wallow! She kicks ass 95% of the time, and then loses her shit and goes crazy the other 5% :)
  • Jesse Eisenberg, really? That's not a joke?
    BECAUSE IT'S SERIOUSLY A JOKE.

Also, I was pretty excited for DOFP, but agree that Quicksilver looks ridiculous and Serenla pointed out to me before that it should be a trilogy on its own. And from an (*cough*failed) actress's standpoint, I'm annoyed by these superhero movies that contain 10+ A-listers in one film (Avengers). It just looks like a giant clusterfuck of actors fighting for screen time and the best one-liners. I hate when I can feel Hollywood's self-congratulatory nature IN the movie.
    But at least in Avengers they didn't have to waste an hour of the movie introducing the characters since they were already established. I honestly don't know how DC is going to fit all of that in. 
  • avidkeoavidkeo member
    edited January 2014
    Rogue237 said:
    Jesse Eisenberg, really? That's not a joke?

Also, I was pretty excited for DOFP, but agree that Quicksilver looks ridiculous and Serenla pointed out to me before that it should be a trilogy on its own. And from an (*cough*failed) actress's standpoint, I'm annoyed by these superhero movies that contain 10+ A-listers in one film (Avengers). It just looks like a giant clusterfuck of actors fighting for screen time and the best one-liners. I hate when I can feel Hollywood's self-congratulatory nature IN the movie.
    But at least in Avengers they didn't have to waste an hour of the movie introducing the characters since they were already established. I honestly don't know how DC is going to fit all of that in. 
    Maybe they will change the director to Peter Jackson and the movie will be 5hrs long....
  • avidkeo said:
    Rogue237 said:

Maybe they will change the director to Peter Jackson and the movie will be 5hrs long....
    If they hired Peter Jackson he could take a single comic and make it 3 movies and each would be 3hrs long! Don't get me wrong, I dig Jackson and I love "The Hobbit", but I still don't know how he managed to turn a 200 page book into 3 movies! Even with the story add ons from the "Similarion"....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • avidkeo said:
    Rogue237 said:

If they hired Peter Jackson he could take a single comic and make it 3 movies and each would be 3hrs long! Don't get me wrong, I dig Jackson and I love "The Hobbit", but I still don't know how he managed to turn a 200 page book into 3 movies! Even with the story add ons from the "Similarion"....
    What can I say, its a talent!!! From what I have heard it was pushed by Warner Brothers - must remember that LOTR single-handedly saved New Line..... All they are seeing is dollar signs. 
    Does not make the best movies though! 2 movies would definitely have been enough. Three, well Ill wait till the last one before deciding. At least the second was an improvement.
  • Rogue237 said:
    First of all - https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=93743  WTF?! Jesse Eisenberg is cute and quirky and all as an awkward nerd, but as LEX effin' LUTHOR
    What? WHAT?!  :-w
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker

• avidkeo said:

Rogue237 said:

DC should make it 3 movies to intro all the characters! That would be a way better plan! Ugh.
  • I swear this thread made my blood pressure rise. I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT WHAT THEY'RE DOING.
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • I'm going to hang out with the cool kids now!

• I cannot see Jesse Eisenberg as LL. It took me a while to warm up to Ben Affleck being Batman but I don't see this one going over too well.
    NTNP 11/2011 CP 11/29/12 BFP 8/6/13 EDD 4/16/14 ♥ 
    Logan Timothy - Born 4/5/14 @ 38w3d, 7lbs14.8oz, 20½in.
    imageimage
  • I had no idea who in the hell Jesse Eisenberg was, so I Googled him... no.  Fuck no.  No Lex Luthor vibe at all. *cringe*

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • PS just watched the Captain America 2 Super Bowl trailer online - it looks awesome!!!! Finally!!!!
  • Rogue237 said:

PS just watched the Captain America 2 Super Bowl trailer online - it looks awesome!!!! Finally!!!!

Buuuuuuuckyyyyyyyyy!!! <3<3<3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"