Trouble TTC

OPK'S suggestions?

I just had my last tests done now onto trying for this lil one. My doctor told me today to start looking at OPKs and im just not sure which brands or the best, and she said once I pick one to stick with it so I could use some advice on which ones everyone uses.

Thank You in advance

Re: OPK'S suggestions?

• Rumbera28 said:
    I use Wondfo... they are dirt cheap and can be found on Amazon!

Ditto!  If you go with a dip strip kind, get a box of small Dixie bathroom cups too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• I have a 1/2 pack of wondfos that I don't use. I don't ovulate on my own, so opks turned out to be a massive pain for me. I would gladly donate them if I knew how.
    Good luck with whatever brand you use!
  • Loading the player...
  • @ malaria...I would love it if you could send them to me I could give you my address. That would just be amazing
  • malerina said:
    I have a 1/2 pack of wondfos that I don't use. I don't ovulate on my own, so opks turned out to be a massive pain for me. I would gladly donate them if I knew how.
    Good luck with whatever brand you use!
    Same here.  I don't know why I torture myself with continuing to use them.
    ________
    ME: 34, Atypical PCOS (lean, no O without meds) + unexplained; DH: 33, mildly low motility
    09/2012: Start TTC after stopping NuvaRing.  No cycles seemed to occur.
    01/2013 - 05/2013: Tried Provera to "jumpstart" cycles. No luck.
    12/2013-
    01/2014: Clomid 50mg - no big follies, stepped to 100mg; One mature follie, Ovidrel (HCG trigger), IUI #1 completed - BFN
    02/2014: Clomid 100mg;
    One mature follie, Ovidrel trigger, IUI #2 completed, Crinone - BFN
    03/2014: Clomid 100mg -
    no big follies on 1st round, 2nd round prescribed; One mature follie, Ovidrel, IUI #3 completed, Crinone - BFN
    04/2014-05/2014: Letrozole 5mg + Ovidrel HG to prep for IUI #4 switched to TI, Crinone - BFN
    05/2014-06/2014: Letrozole 5mg; one mature follie,
    Ovidrel, IUI #4.1 completed, Crinone - BFN
    07/2014-08/2014: Letrozole 5mg; one mature follie,
    Ovidrel, IUI #5 completed, Crinone - BFN
    09/2014-10/2014: IVF Prep - Insurance requires IUI #6;
    Letrozole 5mg - no big follies 1st round, 2nd round prescribed; IUI #6, Crinone - BFN
    11/2014: "Break" - Letrozole 5mg to cycle before prepping for IVF - successfully O'ed, but BFN
    12/2014: Extending 'break' one more Letrozole-only TI cycle for mental health break - BFN
    01/2015-
    02/2015: Prep for IVF - BCP then Gonal-F, Ganirelex, Novarel trigger;  ER scheduled 2/11!
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4cf919
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome.
    December 3T Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie
  • snegde  I'm sorry for what you've been going though (((hugs)))

While we are talking about OPKs...I was wondering if you could tell me if - when you were using the Target and Wondfos (the formula I'm using) - if your Wondfos gave you a + one day before your Target ones.   I agree that they are harder to read, but once I get a + it is pretty clear to me...but my Targets seem to give the double line one day after the Wondros and also are still + one day later than Wondfos.  Wondering if you have any insight into this being the case.   (My guess has been that the Targets are just slightly less sensitive, but I really don't know.)  
  • You guys have me totally confused
  • I want to do a reasonably priced one because oh how many I believe I have to use and the clear blue ones are quite pricy for that reason. I've never done this before and I dont want timers it up and waste time
  • I use Wondfo's because they are cheap. I have a clear blue easy digital (with the smiley face) that I use to confirm.

I have no problem telling my positive on the Wondfo so I rarely use the CBE.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • snegde  thanks! 

ktupiak I test everyday from CD 4 until I get a + OPK and a temp rise.  This month I did both Target and Wondfo brands everyday (just as a side by side geek comparison).  Normally I only do Wondfos, which have been reliable for me.  I think that sticking to one brand is good advice.  I just did two brands this month out of curiosity (I've been only using wondfos for over a year.)  I'll probably go back to just Wondfos.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"