May 2014 Moms

TTM about cramps

Alright ladies....I posted in the WTF Wednesday thread about being woken up by gas pains causing cramps so bad I sincerely thought they were contractions.  It happened again this morning, but this time without the gas!  I was up from 3:30am - 4:00am with cramps.  I was [] this close to waking DH up to take my to L&D when they stopped.

Because I'm neurotic and timed them, it was a cramp that lasted about a minute-two minutes every 9 minutes.  Is it possible that this was just Braxton Hicks?  I feel back asleep and everything has been fine since.  The whole half hour it was "going on", LO was happily kicking away in there, so I never felt like he was in distress.  And he's been normally active today, as he has been all week.

Basically, I need to know if this is something that would make you call your OB (and go ahead, bitchslap me for not doing that yet) or tell me to quit worrying and let it go.  Opinions?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: TTM about cramps

• I have no experience with this, but I read that Braxton-Hicks contractions should ease up if you change positions and/or walk around. While real contractions will not ease with walking, and continue to get closer together.

I also heard that if you think you are having contractions (or contraction like cramping) that are closer than 10-15 minutes apart, you should call L&D.

Since yours stopped I think it's just Braxton-Hicks, but good on you for thinking to time them ... I would have just lied there in pain feeling sorry for myself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Could be Braxton hicks. I once times poop cramps with DS. They were timeable and I was already worried about preterm labor. I would say if they are timeable and hurt and last for a little bit then call. Also, if standing or changing positions stops them then I think that you're ok. I convinced DH to just take me home and let me put my feet up. Sure enough a few minutes later I pooped.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm not sure about others but my Braxton Hicks have never been painful.  Mine feel like a general tightening that maybe you could call uncomfortable but definitely not painful.  I would call your Doc - if for no other reason than because it's Friday and if s/he wants you to come in to be safe you could probably still go into the office today instead of heading to L&D if it happens again over the weekend.  Worst case scenario you call and they tell you it's no biggie - but according to my Dr I am to call if I have more than 4 contractions in an hour. 

BabyFruit Ticker

image       image

• Thanks ladies.  They did eventually stop (I timed  3 of them in the 30 min period), and they haven't reoccurred yet today, but they didn't stop when I moved and were definitely at a 9 minute mark.  I'll probably end up calling the OB on my break and see what they say.  Could be the excuse I need to get out of work tonight.... ;)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had menstrual like cramps for an entire day and they admitted me into L&D last week after medications to relax my ute didn't work. Sounds like yours are different and come and go but doesn't hurt to call. I have no idea about B-H since I'm a FTM. They told me to drink LOTS of water. Dehydration, hunger, and overdoing it can cause cramping according to my dr.
  • I'd say give the doc a call. It doesn't hurt to double check at least. 
    image    image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"