May 2014 Moms

Public bathrooms

edited January 2014 in May 2014 Moms
How many dirty hoverers do we have?

Anniversary 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

Public bathrooms 224 votes

I sit straight on the seat
54% 123 votes
I use the ass gaskets (seat protector liner things that never stay put)/tp nest
16% 36 votes
I hover
27% 62 votes
SS because there's always one
1% 3 votes

Re: Public bathrooms

• Hovering for the win! Lol... 

BabyName Tickerphoto 75ef5a71-68f7-493a-9994-4a2f39b863ae_zps6e964811.jpg
    ~*March Siggy Challenge-Favorite Dr. Suess Book*~
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Hover! If you sprinkle when you tinkle Be a sweetie and wipe the seatie.
    Exactly!

BabyName Tickerphoto 75ef5a71-68f7-493a-9994-4a2f39b863ae_zps6e964811.jpg
    ~*March Siggy Challenge-Favorite Dr. Suess Book*~
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I always hover. It's getting a little difficult with this bump, but I hover. I'd like to note that after all the talk about bathrooms and bathroom habits, I now think of you ladies every time I go to the bathroom.  
  • If I tried to hover with my bowel issues, my quads would be as muscular as a body builder's.

Sitter all the way!
    October Siggy Challenge - Halloween

Happy Endings

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I sit, but I'll wipe the seat before hand I I see anything. I hate dim bathrooms because it sucks so much to not see anything on the seat and then sit right in someone else's pile of pee.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm the one SS so far! I try to avoid using public restrooms at all costs.  :-?? But if I have to, I use TP/"ass gaskets" haha.
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm the one SS so far! I try to avoid using public restrooms at all costs.  :-?? But if I have to, I use TP/"ass gaskets" haha.

I typically avoid as much as possible too. I absolutely refuse to poop in public unless it is prairie dogging on me.

Anniversary 

• Another hoverer here! And sprinkle when you tinkle saying has been pounded in my head since I was potty trained. On the odd occasion that I do get some on the seat I always clean it up.

Anniversary 

• Now the real questions is do you fold your TP or scrunch your TP? I find the answer to that question to be very indicative of personality types ;) 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Now the real questions is do you fold your TP or scrunch your TP? I find the answer to that question to be very indicative of personality types ;) 
    Scrunch! More layers with less TP, according to my unscientific assessment.

Please elaborate. For me it depends on the ply. If it's single ply wadding is more effective with the same amount but if it's nice cushy tp then I fold. I'm a complicated person like that. ;)

Anniversary 

Hmm.. I'm a folder. What does that say?
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

I typically avoid as much as possible too. I absolutely refuse to poop in public unless it is prairie dogging on me.
    Yes!!!
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I sit, but I'll wipe the seat before hand if I see anything. I hate dim bathrooms because it sucks so much to not see anything on the seat and then sit right in someone else's pile of pee.

This is me exactly. Im a sitter. Im also a public bathroom pooper, no matter where I am. I will hover if I heaven forbid, have to use a porta-potty.
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Hmm.. I'm a folder. What does that say?

I had a friend whose theory was that "Type A" personalities were folders (neat, organized, etc) and that "Type B" personalities were scrunchers (easy going, etc). Though clearly not true, I still find the "theory" to be pretty funny. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • I sit, but I'll wipe the seat before hand if I see anything. I hate dim bathrooms because it sucks so much to not see anything on the seat and then sit right in someone else's pile of pee.
    This is me exactly. Im a sitter. Im also a public bathroom pooper, no matter where I am. I will hover if I heaven forbid, have to use a porta-potty.
    I will pee in the woods before using porta potties.
    Maybe this should've been my FFFC, but I used to pee in the woods all the time. DH and I are (were, for me, since I got pregnant) pretty avid trail runners and hikers, so it you are out on the trails for any length of time, the urge will eventually arise. I even had my designated "pee stops" on certain trails where DH knew to stop and wait for me. (Mind you, these are very rural, rugged trails, not some paved bike path or something). I have no shame. It is a hella lot more comfortable jogging down a steep, rocky slope with an empty bladder!
    Charlotte June, Born May 29, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kramja01 said:

I sit, but I'll wipe the seat before hand if I see anything. I hate dim bathrooms because it sucks so much to not see anything on the seat and then sit right in someone else's pile of pee.

Maybe this should've been my FFFC, but I used to pee in the woods all the time. DH and I are (were, for me, since I got pregnant) pretty avid trail runners and hikers, so it you are out on the trails for any length of time, the urge will eventually arise. I even had my designated "pee stops" on certain trails where DH knew to stop and wait for me. (Mind you, these are very rural, rugged trails, not some paved bike path or something). I have no shame. It is a hella lot more comfortable jogging down a steep, rocky slope with an empty bladder!

I grew up partying in the woods. I have peed in the woods more times I can count. Also, fairs and dirt track races are notorious for gross bathrooms. That's where a 4 door vehicle and a spotter comes in handy.

Anniversary 

• Straight on the seat unless it is ALREADY dirty, then I hover.

• Hover! Always have and always will. Pubic restrooms freak me out. For the most part I try to avoid them as much as possible.

But of course, I always clean up any sprinkles!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • You can add me to the too lazy to hover crowd.  I just sit down unless it looks iffy, and then I'll either line the seat with TP or one of those little covers.  I've tried the hovering thing, and I always end up peeing on myself.  Apparently, I have bad aim!

• Depends on the bathroom. If it LOOKS clean I sit. If there's sprinkle or it just looks particularly unsanitary, I hover.
  • I sit on the seat ... because I had a hovering accident of epic proportion. 

• Idk if its from army training (like basic and stuff like that) but I have no fear (usually) in using a public restroom. Obviously I look before I sit (yup, tookus right on the seat) and wipe whatever may be there if need be. And sometimes I am kinda grossed out by an overall appearance of a nasty bathroom... but when you have range latrines in basic in the middle of Missouri in the middle of winter with a SHIT TON of gear on and there's no stall dividers between the port potty type holes in the room... well you get over the whole public bathroom thing really quick! haha

The biggest thing I missed when I was away was peeing in private!

**Lighting a candle in memory of our angel babies and angel mama in heaven from May'14**
  • I always use TP or the seat cover. I do not have the thighs to hover.

DS#1 - Apr 22, 2010
    DS#2 - Oct 26, 2012
    DS#3 - May 28, 2014

• I have a lifelong distaste for public bathrooms. Even when I was a kid I would hold it for as long as I possibly could. I prefer to hang on until I get home if I can. Anyway, when I have to go then I sit. I'm an edge sitter though. I don't like to take up the whole thing. I always check for seat pee before I go and if there is any, I'm going to another stall. I'm not cleaning up someone else's piss.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• I'm a hoverer. You just never know and people can be really nasty. One thing I really hate seeing is hair on the seat. Freaks me out. And I always clean up any "sprinkles" that may happen.

Sometimes I even hover at home b/c DH is too lazy to lift the seat and doesn't pay attention to any sprinkles left behind. Boys are gross.
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• Unless the restroom in question is straight outta Trainspotting or the toilet looks suspect, I just sit. I also use the large stalls when I need to do more than pee or if the other stalls are taken. No fucks given.

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

I grew up partying in the woods. I have peed in the woods more times I can count. Also, fairs and dirt track races are notorious for gross bathrooms. That's where a 4 door vehicle and a spotter comes in handy.
    ...Are you peeing on a car at the fair?  Behind a car?  Out the window of a car somehow (spotter to hold on to you in that case I guess)?  I can't figure out why "4 door vehicle" is part of the equation.
  • The only reason I would ever hover is when it's the only option, by which I mean a Turkish toilet. 
  • aimee223 said:
    ...Are you peeing on a car at the fair?  Behind a car?  Out the window of a car somehow (spotter to hold on to you in that case I guess)?  I can't figure out why "4 door vehicle" is part of the equation.
    you open both doors on one side and squat in between. spotter/blocker in case someone walks past. that's my guess. not that I've ever done that.
    :\">
    That makes sense.  I was all confused, partly because "spotter" makes me think of either weight lifting or gymnastics, and neither idea really goes with peeing outdoors. 
  • I use the ass gaskets. If you sit down slowly enough they always stay put (at least for me)

It's a BOY

• I hover for  #1 and make a nice tp nest for #2 (if I am unable to hold it until I can make it home).
  • Unless it's peed on by a hoverer, I sit.

If everyone just freakin SAT there would be no splatters and the seats would be so much cleaner!!

I'm not sure what most people do with their butt cheeks that makes them worried about sitting, but considering the fact that mine rarely see the light of day i'm pretty sure they are one of the cleanest parts of my body. i don't hover over the seat of the bus when i'm wearing shorts. i don't wear a short skirt and then hover over my seat at the ball game. i honestly don't see the difference when it comes to the toilet. you go IN the toilet, not on it.  

they only get dirty because of hovering!

Not true. Have you ever watched one of those things flush?? It's like a water explosion!!

Anniversary 

• JKBMA2014 said:
    I use the ass gaskets. If you sit down slowly enough they always stay put (at least for me)
    I didn't know this until recently when I saw this on buzzfeed, but I've been using the ass gasket backwards the whole time!!! Once I started using it the way in the picture, it never falls into the toilet. Crazy!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • awknyc said:
    JKBMA2014 said:
    I use the ass gaskets. If you sit down slowly enough they always stay put (at least for me)
    I didn't know this until recently when I saw this on buzzfeed, but I've been using the ass gasket backwards the whole time!!! Once I started using it the way in the picture, it never falls into the toilet. Crazy!

I never knew if I was using it right. I figured as long as it covered most of the toilet and 100% of where I was sitting then it's ok by me. And it's an added bonus if I don't have to knock it in to the toilet to flush it down. Usually once I get up it falls right in to the toilet. So convenient.

It's a BOY

• At New Orleans airport the toilets have an automatic cover dispenser. Every time you flush, it rotates around and replaces the old cover with a new one. Genius.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"