TTC After a Loss

NTTCALR: Help! Need food idea for work party in 2 hours

I completely forgot that today is the day of a little lunchtime potluck party that my co-workers planned in anticipation of the upcoming Superbowl and Groundhog's Day. Normally I'd make a good batch of chili or bake some cookies, but it slipped my mind. Now I have to run to the grocery story for a last-minute contribution. What can I bring that won't be totally lame. I have about 30 minutes total to get to the store and prepare whatever I'm bringing. 

Sorry for the post and run, but I'm headed into a meeting and will be back after.

Re: NTTCALR: Help! Need food idea for work party in 2 hours

• cream cheese with pepper jelly poured over the top and wheat thins...

delish.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• You could get some cherry tomatoes and a couple containers of oil and herb marinated small mozzarella balls. Mix the tomatoes and mozzarella in a bowl. I would also add some balsamic vinegar and some sea salt when tossing it together. If you have access to a knife, getting a jar of kalamata olives and cutting them in half to mix with the tomatoes and moz goes well.

At home, I would also add a drizzle off olive oil but you can use the oil the moz is packed in.

This was an appetizer - the cherry tomatoes with the marinated mozzarella only- at something my school did and it went over very well.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Grab a container of hummus, a bag of baby carrots, and a bag of pita pockets?  All you'd have to do is bring a platter and some scissors (to cut pitas into triangles), put the hummus in the middle, and arrange the pita pieces and carrots on the outside.

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012 
    BFP #1 1/29/13, EDD 10/9/13 
    MMC discovered at 10 weeks (baby measured 9 weeks) D&C on 3/16/13 
    BFP #2  CP on 3/31/14
    BFP #3  8/11/14  EDD 4/22/14
  • Thank you so much. Any one of these options will work beautifully. I'm bringing this list to the store with me now and will go with whatever ingredients are easiest to find. The grocery store nearest to here has a somewhat limited selection, so that will guide my choice.

You ladies are the best!

• pre-made fruit salad or veggie tray or cheese tray from the supermarket

order wings or popcorn chicken from nearest delivery joint

order a couple of calzones and have them sliced into about 1 inch slices

BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• buggirl72 said:
    You could get some cherry tomatoes and a couple containers of oil and herb marinated small mozzarella balls. Mix the tomatoes and mozzarella in a bowl. I would also add some balsamic vinegar and some sea salt when tossing it together. If you have access to a knife, getting a jar of kalamata olives and cutting them in half to mix with the tomatoes and moz goes well. At home, I would also add a drizzle off olive oil but you can use the oil the moz is packed in. This was an appetizer - the cherry tomatoes with the marinated mozzarella only- at something my school did and it went over very well.
    This is what I ended up doing. But I didn't want to buy balsamic and olive oil to take to the office, so I grabbed a moderately priced bottle of balsamic salad dressing. Sadly, the mozz wasn't packed with herbs, so I think it could use a little more flavoring, but it's still good. I'll add some fresh basil when I take the leftovers home. I think it will be even better when it marinates for a few hours. 

Thanks to Bug and everyone else's ideas, I felt well armed with options when I raced through that store.
  • cream cheese with pepper jelly poured over the top and wheat thins...

delish.

THIS!!!! Oh my gosh! There is a family in our state that makes the best sauce stuff EVER!!!!!! It's amazing with cream cheese and crackers. Sooo good, it's basically blackberries and habenaro! Sweet and spicy! And best part...they ship!!!

imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"