2nd Trimester
Options

Intro and question

Hi my ne is Jaime I'm from first tri but just wanted to ask if any ladies were diagnosed with low thyroid before or during pregnancy ? I just got a call saying my levels are low and I have to see an endocrinologist.

Re: Intro and question

• Options
    I've had low thyroid (hypothyroidism) since my early 20s, and have regularly seen an endocrinologist ever since. I have been on a thyroid hormone supplement for about 9 years. My mother had it as well, although hers didn't show up until her first pregnancy, which I think is fairly common.

Throughout my 1st pregnancy (and so far with this pregnancy as well), my OB has just had my blood drawn every month or so to check thyroid levels. If your own levels get too low, it can be harmful for the baby, that's why they check regularly. (And it can also make you feel exhausted, cause weight gain/loss, all kinds of crazy things when it's not under control). 

They had to up my dose during my 2nd trimester with my daughter, and it's been steady ever since. Not a big deal, nothing to freak out about. You may find that you actually feel BETTER ALL THE TIME once you start taking the supplement. 
  • Options
    @narumi thanks! I also have hypothyroidism. Nothing was detected first pregnancy and in November my GP noticed it and said come back in two months we will retest ..now I'm pregnant and my OB tested because I told her about my GP and they called this morning saying I had to see a endocrinologist.
    Thank you for the encouragement
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You're welcome! Some people freak out that they'll have to remember to take a/another pill every day, but for me the benefits of feeling good totally outweigh that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"