July 2014 Moms
Options

FFFC!

13»

Re: FFFC!

• Options
    Lola825 said:
    nola 1017 said:
    I feel inferior to my SAHM friend on a weekly basis. She works out of her home for her FIL's home business and can do so much stuff with her daughter (6 weeks older than my DD). And she can do errands during the week so the weekend is free to have playdates and do fun things.  I have to cram my chores into the weekend and rarely manage to find the time to do playdates, let alone fun arts & crafts and field trips and whatnot. I always beat myself up when we're with them because I feel like in comparison I don't measure up and I'm not good enough at managing work, home, being a mom, being a wife, and being a friend.    
    I can totally relate to this.
    Same here.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pup4gdb said:
    I went to bed thinking/feeling like a good poop was coming this morning. But, sadly, no. I was ridiculously sad that there was no poo. And a good farmer's blow in the shower, after steaming up your sinuses and loosening everything up, sure is satisfying.
    I 100% agree with this. I used to hide my ginormous nasal purges from DH but now I'm like, "Dude, did you hear that one hit the wall?!"

=))
    Lmao @LiteraChick Seriously laughing out loud at work. People are staring.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    honeybee434honeybee434 member
    edited January 2014
    The office on the floor above is is staining wood today (remodel), so the fumes are just seeping down into our office. I don't know how much longer I'm going to last this afternoon before I leave work early. It just started about an hour ago so just got bad, but there's no way I'm sitting here inhaling stain fumes while pregnant for an entire afternoon. I'm pretty sure my office will side-eye me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jessa8907 said:
    I'm going to third the nose-picking @aliletz. Sometimes those things are stuck and no amount of blowing will get them out.
    I really think nose picking is about nose cleanliness. I'm more grossed about about letting all that junk sit in your nose. I don't see a problem with it if done discretely.

• Options
    Salsera29 said:
    I had one all ready for this week, but this morning's events have trumped it. 

I've been keeping crackers at my desk in a ziplock bag. This morning I took a bite of one, and as I was chewing, realized that there were TINY BITE MARKS in all the crackers (including the one I was eating) and a hole chewed in the bag! I ATE MOUSE OR RAT CRACKERS!!! I spit it out and went to the nurse to partake in her bubblegum mouthwash. But I am disgusted. I haven't eaten lunch meat in 4 months, and here I am swapping spit with mice. Awesome. 
    Nooooooooooo! I would be traumatized. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @Luckynumbers81 Shit, you're right. I didn't really think about that because I have BK whopper breath at the moment  :-&

imageimage

• Options
    Apparently I told DH that this pregnancy would be different and I would be more "into it"...I was probably a little (or a lot) buzzed at the time and so far...nada. I feel the same way as @mana84 about being touched. DH was getting really persistent recently and I finally had to say that that was actually turning me off. He's left me alone since and I probably need to initiate something soon...

image image
  • Options

I am worried that this SharkBaby is going to displace my love for my cats. I had a dream the other night it was the zombie apocolypse and I had to kill my cats because it was more humane than having them get eaten by zombies. I woke up sobbing, and woke Mister up with my crying.

On the flipside I think one of the cats is going to love the SharkBaby more than me, and I'm kind of angsty about that.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Yup. I WANT to be horny like these mythical 2nd TRI pregnant chicks are supposed to be, hormones all cray cray and stuff

Sorry. I guess my FFFC is that I am that chick.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    TKT17 said:
    Ok, I'm posting this here so I don't get someone in trouble. This girl I'm friends with on FB (I don't know why?) posted what I interpret to be as so inappropriate. She's a special education teacher and teaches HS. Today she posted: "My favorite part of being a SPED teacher is during our a annual chili cook off convincing my students to try habanero peppers. I made an 18 year old cry today!" Am I crazy or is this so inappropriate?
    Not only is that inappropriate, it's downright disgusting.

WTF is wrong with people? And why do those people decide to work with youth, much less kids with special needs?
    Uh, that sounds downright abusive to me. What a twatwaffle.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    TKT17 said:
    Ok, I'm posting this here so I don't get someone in trouble. This girl I'm friends with on FB (I don't know why?) posted what I interpret to be as so inappropriate. She's a special education teacher and teaches HS. Today she posted: "My favorite part of being a SPED teacher is during our a annual chili cook off convincing my students to try habanero peppers. I made an 18 year old cry today!" Am I crazy or is this so inappropriate?

What type of SPED teacher?  I guess I'm not that concerned, especially if it's a student who is basically mainstreamed.  I taught high school, and I can see the appeal to convincing a tough kid to try something like that.   hell, I tried every day to get "I'm the toughest strongest kid in this entire city" to come to a rugby practice with me.   
    there are two motivations in sports, which is yours?
  • Options
    TKT17 said:

Big+Lil said:

My husband bought me alcohol removed wine, I haven't tried it yet but I'm hopeful!

I LOVE grape juice

:D

Oh my god, I didn't even think about how stupid that sounded. He found it in the store but it's probably essentially grape juice marked up in price. I'm going to pretend it's wine. He said they carded him to buy it!

It just made me giggle. Cheers!

• Options
    My FFFC: I came home from my second (and last) day of work this week two hours ago and collapsed on the couch with my laptop. Now I'm hungry and don't want to get up, so I ordered Pizza Hut and asked DH to go get it, pretty please. I am the epitome of lazy right now.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    TKT17 said:

Ok, I'm posting this here so I don't get someone in trouble. This girl I'm friends with on FB (I don't know why?) posted what I interpret to be as so inappropriate. She's a special education teacher and teaches HS. Today she posted:

"My favorite part of being a SPED teacher is during our a annual chili cook off convincing my students to try habanero peppers. I made an 18 year old cry today!"

Am I crazy or is this so inappropriate?

Super inappropriate! Way more inappropriate that she'd brag about it on fb.

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    My FFFC I have done nothing today... I woke up ate... Took a nap for 3hrs... Woke up played on my phone... ate... Watched tv and now DH will be home any minute and I'm sitting in the recliner contemplating another nap. :/
  • Options
    My FFFC would have to be that I'm hating on my BF a little right now.  He's amazing and has been incredible with this pregnancy, but I am SORELY regretting letting him read the literature the doctor gave us.   ALL I wanted for the Superbowl was a package of ring bologna (my fav) and as I'm reaching for it, he practically swatted my hand.  It's too "close to lunchmeat"- and he made me CALL the OB and ask while in the grocery store, and when they said no, he beamed happily about being right and trotted me away while I gave him death stare.  I'm like you guys, most things are fine in moderation, but he's not budging on this one, so I'm going to have to live without, sadly enough.  Any other crazy food guards in your houses?
    My sweet little munchkin! 
    8 lbs, 13 oz.  21" long

• Options
    TKT17 said:

Big+Lil said:

My husband bought me alcohol removed wine, I haven't tried it yet but I'm hopeful!

I LOVE grape juice

:D

Oh my god, I didn't even think about how stupid that sounded. He found it in the store but it's probably essentially grape juice marked up in price. I'm going to pretend it's wine. He said they carded him to buy it!

I bought that too! There actually is a little bit of alcohol in it, they carded me as well when I bought it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    helloblueeyes  I just wanted to say that I feel for you.  I have a friend on an insulin pump and she had some rough times when she was pregnant.  And probably TMI, but I understand the no pooping thing.  I thought my tailbone was going to break again the other night.  Pregnancy is no picnic IMO.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    My FFFC would have to be that I'm hating on my BF a little right now.  He's amazing and has been incredible with this pregnancy, but I am SORELY regretting letting him read the literature the doctor gave us.   ALL I wanted for the Superbowl was a package of ring bologna (my fav) and as I'm reaching for it, he practically swatted my hand.  It's too "close to lunchmeat"- and he made me CALL the OB and ask while in the grocery store, and when they said no, he beamed happily about being right and trotted me away while I gave him death stare.  I'm like you guys, most things are fine in moderation, but he's not budging on this one, so I'm going to have to live without, sadly enough.  Any other crazy food guards in your houses?

Dear god in heaven. The ring bologna just made me retch. No lips and assholes. Noooooooooooooo

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    @sxymamakat yep, my DH is pregnancy police too. My main thing has been trying to taste his beer (we're craft beer snobs!) just a TASTE not even a sip, and he gets so mad! I'm like dude- I don't want to give this baby alcohol either, I JUST WANT TO TRY YOUR DAMN IPA!!! He let me taste his wine last night so I think we're getting somewhere.

My FFFC? I have a damn yeast infection. I JUST got over a UTI and now this. Chill out Vajayjay! Grrrr...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Dear god in heaven. The ring bologna just made me retch. No lips and assholes. Noooooooooooooo
    I know- when I stop to think about it, I cringe horrifically and swear off it, then the next time I'm at the store, I'm like "but it's soooo good!"  

And @symphony4586, I sort of agree- but if it's in the fridge, he'll totally throw it out.  He's indulged anything I want that's on the food list, but if there is even any question, he's crazy about it.  I'm chalking it up to FTD syndrome, but it's making me a sad panda.  :-( 
    My sweet little munchkin! 
    8 lbs, 13 oz.  21" long

• Options

@hokiemom86 me too!! I found a shirt online that reads "If you didn't put it there, don't touch"... I wore it once around this friend who always touches me, problem solved.

https://m.zulily.com/product/6377912?ref=event&pos=49&
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"