July 2014 Moms

FFFC!

Re: FFFC!

• Pup4gdb said:
    I think majority of pregnant women severely overemphasize their symptoms, m/a and "hormonal emotions" for attention. I definitely think some people are legit, but I have a hard time believing people when they are complaining (for the 947391039549th time) about a mild symptom being the worst thing ever. ETA; bonus sideeye points if the person refers to the pregnancy as harder than someone else's. It may not really be harder, your friend may just whine less.
    This! My 30 year old niece had her first baby last week. From her and my sister in law, I constantly get a mixture of "you are so lucky you aren't has sick has she was" and "oh you just wait, it will get as bad as hers." And I want to scream that it won't ever be as bad as hers, even if I am sicker because I'm not a drama queen! And don't even get me started on her reaction to her full term big giant baby having to be moved to another nicu slot (they thought she had an infection at birth with some minor breathing trouble) because the 24 weeker next to her had taken a turn for the worse. I wanted to scream that she was a selfish bitch and that the baby she was giving more space had a much greater chance of dying than her big fairly healthy baby. Niece's baby came home yesterday and is just fine. I get being stressed over a baby in nicu, but her reaction was ridiculous. It's about perspective - she lives in a "no one has it worse than me" place that I just can't visit.

I agree her reaction was ridiculous. Clearly she didn't pick up on the unspoken NICU parental code. I would have given her a huge side eye if she had been in the NICU the same time as my daughter.

However, speaking from experience, having your baby (even a big giant full term baby) in the NICU isn't stressful. It's terrifying.

• Loading the player...
  • We had taco Tuesday at my house. And Saturday and Sunday too. I have always loved Mexican food. My grandfather died last year and I found out my blood grandfather is from Mexico. That explains everything!! Lol anyways...

By now my husband knows better than to take the last of the meat. He got that side eye from me one time and has never tried it since. Lots of women say they cry when they're pregnant but not me. I get annoyed and angry. I tend to get snippy and yell. Sooo, maybe my FFFC is that I get loud with everybody and I don't care at all. They gone learn today (in my Kevin Hart voice).

Taco terror is a reality in my house.

Me:35 DH:37
    Married 09/2013

*TW* TTC #2 since June 2016 *END TW*

Endometriosis

March 2017- IUI#1- Clomid - BFN
    April 2017 - IUI #2 - Clomid, Ovidrel - BFN
    May 2017 - IUI #3 - Clomid- cancelled cycle

July 2017- IVF #1-Microdose Lupron protocol, Gonal-F, Menopur, HCG trigger- 12 mature eggs, 9 fertilized, 4 frozen- 2 PGS normal!!

August 2017- FET #1

• I'm not sure if this even pertains to this topic but I hate society's double standard with weight. Working with the public people find it completely "ok" with telling me that I'm too skinny and I need to eat more ( I eat tons, have seen nutritionists and just have a fast metabolism) I've dealt with this my entire life and some people feel the need to ask me what I eat in an entire day etc, I explain I eat tons and am in fact healthy and I'll usually get what are you like a size negative? I'm going to bring you a sandwich next time I come in ( to which I say Great I like ham and cheese) I let it roll off my shoulders but it hurts my feelings- if this was reversed and someone told someone they need to stop eating and they look unhealthy and/or overweight that would be completely rude ( which it is- and I'm not saying this never happens becuase I have witnessed it and it's not ok) and while I am bitching about that it's the same with effin tattoos- it's none if your damn business why I got a certain tattoo I don't care that you don't like them. I'm sorry everyone that I take this shit out on the board but working in a salon with judgy people makes me want to screeeeeam
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • chrinikki1chrinikki1 member
    edited January 2014
    FFFC1: I keep watching this ADORABLE Budweiser commercial because dogs and horses are my two FAV animals. Well, after the second time watching it I realized she SOLD him (thought he was just going for a car ride). I became HYSTERICAL. Now I can't stop watching it and crying. And we're going to a Super Bowl party and DH asked me if I was going to cry in front of all these ppl I don't know. Probably. But I just can't stop!! https://youtu.be/uQB7QRyF4p4

FFFC2: the guilt about hurting my mom's feelings never came... So now she's "processing" (aka trying to rally) w my bro to get him to tell me I'm in the wrong. He's secretly on my side but just trying to stay out of the middle. Again, NO GUILT :)
  • @ohbaby714 and @jessa8907 PERMANENT MAKE UP! Once I had my eyeliner and lips done (in a natural pink) I now wash my face, moisturize and add mascara... I shower and straighten at night so all I gotta do is brush. Permanent make up = beautiful on our worst day!!
  • @tourqeyes  @sparkleboot   

When SS found out DD was a girl he started crying. He wants a brother so bad that now his mom has been pressuring us to have a boy. It kind of pisses me off, why does it matter so much to her? She is the only person pressuring us. I know SS would be so happy if we do have a boy this time, but he loves his sister and I know if we had another girl he would love her too. Annoying.

Does she comprehend in any way, shape or form that neither of you get to choose the sex of your baby? Idiot.

I absolutely DESPISE people who pressure regarding the child's sex. It's so idiotic bc it's nothing anyone, even the child, can help.

• @ohbaby714 and @jessa8907 PERMANENT MAKE UP! Once I had my eyeliner and lips done (in a natural pink) I now wash my face, moisturize and add mascara... I shower and straighten at night so all I gotta do is brush. Permanent make up = beautiful on our worst day!!
    Permanent make-up would make me so nervous. What if my style changes? What about when you're older and the skin around your eyes sag a little? Is it tattooed on?
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I hate belly touchers. I am BARELY showing. Don't touch me. You can't touch me now and you can't touch me when I am 9 months pregnant. And no, you can't touch my baby. Keep your dirty hands to your self.

Also, I am pregnant, not disabled. I can still walk to the car, carry a box, my daughter and walk a dog. No, you don't need to ask me how I am feeling every 5 minutes. Yes, I have m/s. No, I don't talk about it. You can't fix it and me telling you how I feel sick won't make it better either. Just smile and offer to go pick up lunch. THAT would be helpful AND appreciated.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image  image
  • @lola825 it fades after 10-12 yrs. I got it first at 17 then just redid it at 31 last year. My styles change ALL the time as I love make up (on weekends). I just got the basic line on top (I did go a little thicker on the outside the second time) gradually thinning to the inside. I had my lower done at 17 but didn't do it again the second time because I thought it was too "done up"... It has since faded completely. My lips are AMAZING and all I need is Chapstick now. I do wear a variety of lip sticks (including nudes and browns) that the pink doesn't show through what-so-ever.
    Here's two pics I just took laying in bed. I have never once regretted it.
  • @hokiemom86 me too!! I found a shirt online that reads "If you didn't put it there, don't touch"... I wore it once around this friend who always touches me, problem solved.
  • TallMomma29TallMomma29 member
    edited January 2014
    FFFC: I am giving in and paying for an elective Ultrasound 2 weeks earlier than my AS to find out the sex on Tuesday. I have never been patient about anything in my life except being patient with DH to have kids together (9 freaking years) and I don't feel any guilt about paying for it.

I have paint swatches standing by people, PAINT SWATCHES! I'm a FTM and I scored a deal with the clinic that does them, so anyone who wants to have a go at me, you go right ahead. I'll be laughing all the way to Home Depot  ♥
    @LiteraChick,no judgment here! I've actually contemplated paying for ANOTHER elective ultrasound because I am impatient about waiting for my next scheduled ultrasound in 2 weeks to (hopefully) confirm whether LO is really a girl!   Originally I wasn't planning on finding out before the A/S at all.  But since they blurted out boy at 15 weeks, and I happened to get to visit DH at 17 weeks, we went to an elective place so he could see the baby and hopefully confirm the sex, and they said girl!  Now I'm just dying to know if it's for sure a girl because I want to start nursery planning :-)

ETA:  @tourqeyes, I know how you feel about not wanting to see your parents expression if they are disappointed!  For some reason my family all really wants me to have a girl, and when I was first told that the baby was (probably) a boy, I was super excited but bummed about having to tell my parents because I knew they would be disappointed.  Ugg.  

• I feel inferior to my SAHM friend on a weekly basis. She works out of her home for her FIL's home business and can do so much stuff with her daughter (6 weeks older than my DD). And she can do errands during the week so the weekend is free to have playdates and do fun things.  I have to cram my chores into the weekend and rarely manage to find the time to do playdates, let alone fun arts & crafts and field trips and whatnot. I always beat myself up when we're with them because I feel like in comparison I don't measure up and I'm not good enough at managing work, home, being a mom, being a wife, and being a friend.    
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lola825Lola825 member
    edited January 2014
    I have a different FFFC. My SIL works nights three days a week and my nephew is 13 months. My brother owns his own business (with me) and has a semi flexible schedule. Given that I am the mom in the business who works full time (70 hours in the summer/35 in the winter) I am worried I won't be as good a mom as SIL. She really is awesome with my nephew. DH also works pretty long hours. Granted I can be more flexible with being home once I actually have a reason to, but I still won't have the same amount of time she does no matter how I slice it. I just hope I can do as great a job with our LO as she has done with my nephew. Late Edit: Wording
    BabyFruit Ticker

• #1 I just ate a slice of pizza and a PB&J sandwich...gross

#2 Three of my closest friends are getting married between march and August- I'm in 2 of the weddings and I will be very pregnant, don't get me wrong I'd never trade this pregnancy for anything but I have to sit out of the drinking festivities, a Bach party to New Orleans and who knows what else.... Great timing lol
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • I think I am going to have a little bit of gender disappointment no matter whether it is a boy or a girl. This will probably be our last child and I really want another boy and another girl. Call me crazy and selfish, I know, and I will truly be so thankful just to be getting another child, but part of me is going to mourn the loss of not getting to do the boy/girl thing another time.

Pregnancy Ticker

• kmawb said:

I must confess that everytime @Bliss+Berry posts I have to do a double take just to make sure it's not CinemaGodess because she used to have a big Colin Firth pic in her siggy a while ago.

I do this too, lol. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
    BFP: 11.09.13   EDD: 07.21.14 
    Baby Sylvia born 07.20.14
    5 lbs 14.8 oz | 20 1/4 inches

• Skeemer said:
    @tourqeyes  @sparkleboot   

When SS found out DD was a girl he started crying. He wants a brother so bad that now his mom has been pressuring us to have a boy. It kind of pisses me off, why does it matter so much to her? She is the only person pressuring us. I know SS would be so happy if we do have a boy this time, but he loves his sister and I know if we had another girl he would love her too. Annoying.

Does she comprehend in any way, shape or form that neither of you get to choose the sex of your baby? Idiot.

I absolutely DESPISE people who pressure regarding the child's sex. It's so idiotic bc it's nothing anyone, even the child, can help.

I know I wanted to tell her that if she wants her son to have a brother so bad she should make sure her next is a boy. Cause of course you can make them have certain genitals. She was trying but recently had to get surgery so she can't have anymore kids. I wanted to say that when she was trying of course not after she had the surgery. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • nola 1017 said:
    I feel inferior to my SAHM friend on a weekly basis. She works out of her home for her FIL's home business and can do so much stuff with her daughter (6 weeks older than my DD). And she can do errands during the week so the weekend is free to have playdates and do fun things.  I have to cram my chores into the weekend and rarely manage to find the time to do playdates, let alone fun arts & crafts and field trips and whatnot. I always beat myself up when we're with them because I feel like in comparison I don't measure up and I'm not good enough at managing work, home, being a mom, being a wife, and being a friend.    
    I can totally relate to this.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• eortman said:
    I think I am going to have a little bit of gender disappointment no matter whether it is a boy or a girl. This will probably be our last child and I really want another boy and another girl. Call me crazy and selfish, I know, and I will truly be so thankful just to be getting another child, but part of me is going to mourn the loss of not getting to do the boy/girl thing another time.
    This is me too and part of the reason I want to find out now vs being teem green.  I will be a bit sad no matter what this one is because it is our last.

13 yr old boy with ASD, ADHD and PICA, 11 yr old boy, 3 yr old Girl, & baby Girl.

imageimage

• Lola825 said:

@ohbaby714 and @jessa8907 PERMANENT MAKE UP! Once I had my eyeliner and lips done (in a natural pink) I now wash my face, moisturize and add mascara... I shower and straighten at night so all I gotta do is brush. Permanent make up = beautiful on our worst day!!

Permanent make-up would make me so nervous. What if my style changes? What about when you're older and the skin around your eyes sag a little?

Is it tattooed on?

It makes me nervous because, when my mom had her eyebrows done, she had a bad allergic reaction to the tattoo ink and had nastiness on her forehead for like a month. I couldn't take it if that were me.

• coybigcoybig member
    edited January 2014
    FFFC: This is probably TMI, but my DH doesn't like me using my vibrator because he's worried it's going to scramble Emma's (we know sex and have named her already) little brains. I'm convinced it's more like one of those bouncy seats that soothes babies. I know that, as a couple, we are supposed to compromise and not focus on winning and losing arguments as individuals, but I am giving no ground on this one.

there are two motivations in sports, which is yours?
  • FFFC: I am freaking miserable. I really really need to just have a good cry, and i can't. I wasn't much of a crier before pregnancy and that doesn't seem to have changed. 

They upped my insulin again. For the third time in 3 weeks. 

I woke up with a rash starting on my belly. Since both DH and i think the baby is a boy, i'm now convinced i have PUPPS. Regardless, it's super itchy and painful and awful. 

I have been having this fairly constant dull pain in my right side, i'm sure it's from constipation, i have been pooping a little but not enough, every time i go the pain gets a little less. I take 2 colace a night and have a cup of coffee in the morning but it's not helping as much as i would like. I will drink this entire damn box of Chamomile tea today if it helps me go and gets rid of the pain. I really miss apple juice and the relief it provided. 

I just need to have a bath, a cry, a nap and a cookie. And none of those things are possible right now. (i'm stuck at my super stressful job till 5 then have an hour+ commute, my house has a hot water issue that is driving me nuts, i can't seem to cry, i can't sleep worth a damn and i can't have any sugar) 

I was prepared that pregnancy was going to suck, but i just feel like i can't catch a break. I know some have it way worse and i'm trying so hard to remember that, but really it sucks so much right now. 

BPaws i think i totally was your FFFC today. I just really needed to get that off my chest, i'm trying really hard not to complain IRL and be a bigger nightmare to my DH and family. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
    BFP: 11.09.13   EDD: 07.21.14 
    Baby Sylvia born 07.20.14
    5 lbs 14.8 oz | 20 1/4 inches

• Here's mine- I know I'm pregnant and not disabled, however I wish that my DH would help more around the house and not expect me to cook for him all the time. I'd kill to be able to have a lazy weekend day where I can spend the day doing nothing productive and not have him upset about it.
  • kmawb said:

I must confess that everytime @Bliss+Berry posts I have to do a double take just to make sure it's not CinemaGodess because she used to have a big Colin Firth pic in her siggy a while ago.

Is there a fellow Firth lover in our midst?  I don't think I have come across this person!  

No she's not on July 2014.  I used to frequent the Parenting board before coming over here which is where I learned of her Firth love, but her siggy is now of Benedict Cumberbatch I think.

FTR I think Mr. Firth is delicious!!

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Our puppy wanted to play and accidentally knocked over my water and I started crying. Then it turned into a sob fest confessing to SO that I didn't think he was attracted to me anymore. He just laughed and went to buy me a BLT to make it better. Seriously self? Get it together. /:)
  • FFFC: My favorite co-worker right now is the one obsessed with her dachshund. She doesn't have kids. I have a little terrier mutt so she always asks me how my dog is and cares way more about cute little Max's cold, little feet than she does about whether or not I'm feeling okay. I'm tired of people asking me how I'm feeling and I'm less than 16 weeks into this. So bring on the cute dog talk.

@tundrabunny

My coworker who doesn't have kids but is crazy in love with her 4 large inside dogs said this to me when I told her I was pregnant with DS2 - "Have you told Logan (my dog) yet?" The look on my face was probably priceless. I just said, "Sure." She said, "I'll bet he already knew."  :-/  Say what...?

I know animals sense things but because she was already being weird I just took that in a weird way too. Lol. So now DH calls Logan the "Pregnancy Whisperer" & told me each month to ask him in advance if I'm pregnant again. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"