January 2014 Moms

NOW it happens...

During pregnancy I had no issue with hemorrhoids. During labor, I pushed for 5 hours and no hemorrhoids....now all of a sudden I have a f&*$^& hemorrhoid!! WTH? Luckily I have tux pads and that lidocaine-spray from the hospital. I am also taking stool softeners daily but it still hurts :( I have never had one before and it freaking sucks!! This is more of a vent-post then anything :-/

Re: NOW it happens...

• I'm sorry you're dealing with them. I hope they clear up soon!
    image=
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ugh I'm so sorry :(. Hope it heals fast!
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I'm in the same boat :( it goes away, promise! Try miralax in addition to the stool softeners, that's what the nurses suggested when I checked out. It's been making things a lot smoother moving.

baby development

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Elevate your feet, ladies! I know it is difficult right now but it is key!
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• I used all the stuff from the hospital with no relief. Yesterday I got earth mama angel baby bottom balm (for new moms). I used it, then laid down and they were almost entirely gone within 3 hours. I'm now a huge convert/cheerleader for this stuff. I could not believe how much they shrunk considering they were large and I had them from 36 weeks on.
    Charlotte Lynne ~ Jan. 23, 2014

• Yup same for me. I actually bought some Preparation H and it saved my heiny. I went from not being able to sit to being ok for a little while. Brightside is that at 2 weeks pp they seem to be shrinking already.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • BuckeyeMommy4BuckeyeMommy4 member
    edited January 2014
    Ughhh...me too :( I've never had one and now 6 weeks pp with my 4th and I feel like I'm shitting glass.

• In addition to the above mentioned remedies, I take a hot sitz bath and use ice packs throughout the day.
    Baby Boy Due 1.25.14
  • Me too! I had a freaking c section. No pushing involved! Took the stool softener and everything. Mine is external and hurts like a mother when I walk. Waiting til H gets home and etting tucks pads and prep H. Never had one before. This better go away bc I can't take it!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Have had the 'roids since week 26ish. Everything is working well now (thanks, stool softener sand prune juice!) but the road just won't quite go away. Wondering what my bikini waxer will say the first time I go in pp? :-O
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I used all the stuff from the hospital with no relief. Yesterday I got earth mama angel baby bottom balm (for new moms). I used it, then laid down and they were almost entirely gone within 3 hours. I'm now a huge convert/cheerleader for this stuff. I could not believe how much they shrunk considering they were large and I had them from 36 weeks on.

Just bought some. FX it works for me too. Thanks for the rec! I'm desperate....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Where do you find this balm? I looked online to see where I could buy it in stores and all the sites say not sold in stores...I was hoping to go out and buy it today!

Where do you find this balm? I looked online to see where I could buy it in stores and all the sites say not sold in stores...I was hoping to go out and buy it today!
    Their website has a store locator. I ordered on amazon, but I know it is also at a few local boutiques and vitamin world.
    Charlotte Lynne ~ Jan. 23, 2014

• @firsttimemom143 Wait a second- you pushed for 5 hours?? Go mama! That's impressive!! I hope you get some relief soon!
  • Thanks! Found some stores near me! And yes, @emilytippett ... 17 hours of labor and 5 additional hours of pushing without an epidural. I took Bradley Method classes which I definitely think helped. The 5 hours did suck though, I kept pushing and pushing but felt like I wasn't getting anywhere! She was stuck, I was super swollen and exhausted and she had a shoulder dystocia. But seeing her beautiful face, I would do it all over again! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"