July 2014 Moms

Anxiety stricken mommies to be

I know a lot of us are having some (or lots of) anxiety and I was curious what things are you irrationally overdramatizing, or maybe feeling majorly and legitimately concerned about?

I woke up at 3:30am and I can't sleep because I'm so afraid DH thinks I don't love him as much as I used to. I've been so tired after work so I'm not as "playful" as I typically would be.
I'm also not as affectionate as I used to be and only because I'm tired, and once I'm comfortable I don't like to move. I feel like I'm more often giving him the "honey please don't bother me" reaction than ever before, along with an "I'm sorry" half smile.
I worry things will change between us, and even the slightest change scares me, not because we aren't strong enough to get through it but because I don't ever want him to feel like his other half isn't there for him or isn't a "part of the team" at every moment.
I reassure him on a daily basis, probably for him at nauseum, so I guess my anxiety is probably over dramatized. Just want to feel normal again.

Re: Anxiety stricken mommies to be

• Ditto. We just had this conversation a couple nights ago as I puked for hours after dinner. It seems like that is our life now instead of fun and cuddles and lovings. My husband seems to be just as wonderful as ever, but I know how exhausted and discouraged I am, I'm sure he must be too. Then again, he doesn't feel like crisp all day :)
  • I told DH this morning that I woke up feeling anxious and why and he basically laughed and said the only thing I should've worried about is how crazy he thinks I am that there's anything to worry about. Ahhh, perspective.
  • Loading the player...
  • I wake up with irrational fears all the time that there's something wrong with the baby or there isn't a heartbeat anymore. I might have to buy a doppler for home just so I can stop being so crazy. We also have this horrible screaming child in the apartment next to us and he has screamed through the whole night pretty much since he was a baby (is like 2.5 now). He's just a screamer. All the time. And MIL always tells me how horrible DH was as a baby and how easy BIL was (BIL now has the easiest, happiest baby in the world). I'm terrified that we're going to end up with a really difficult baby who screams through the night until he/she is five and DH and I will be at each others' throats all the time. Really stressing myself out about this for no reason!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wake up panicked if I don't get enough sleep or enough water. Also, I love being super prepared. While reading TB helps me to think about things I didn't even think about preparing for, reading TB also freaks me out a little because so many moms are so prepared. I've been anxious over not being prepared at all lately. I have checked into childcare and mostly have that figured out, tho. Also, I finally got some baby items from a sweet friend last night, so now I have a baby bouncer, baby bathtub, baby saucer, a baby play blanket and a plethora of swings in my garage. Having those items in my garage eases my anxiety a bit and makes me smile :) . I also stress that I won't be able to do the elementary kid part all over again. I have a 15 and 12 year old, and I stress I won't be able to do the school thing all over again, not to mention my youngest will be nearing college so he won't be able to help with drop off or pick up like I thought. But that's five years down the road, so I ease that anxiety by realizing how far away that is and how ready I will be for this one to be in school at that point and looking at what's in front of me instead.
  • I am the queen of anxiety over here.

I was experiencing chest pains last week and had to go to the ER. I was told it was my anxiety. Great!

Everyday I think something is wrong with my baby or myself. It's a vicious cycle. My fears now include the fact that I have so much wetness and discharge going on, I'm fearful it's amniotic fluid leaking. 

I just want a day where I can NOT worry and enjoy this pregnancy. I totally understand what the other anxiety-stricken mommies to be are going through. We all need to take some deep breaths and be happy. Stress affects are little babies too. I need to think about that everytime I freak out. :)
  • I have this reoccurring fear/nightmare that something is going to happen to DH (car wreck, freak accident) when I'm pregnant and I'm going to end up a single pregnant mother trying to figure out how to afford and do everything on my own. We are working on re-doing out life insurance policies and having finished yet, so I'm pretty sure that is where these crazy thoughts have stemmed from!

After out u/s yesterday I'm now freaking out that the baby may not be healthy. Keep having to talk myself down on that one bc 99.whatever % odds of everything being okay is about as good as anyone can ask for!

All I want right now is about 3/4 of bottle of Chardonnay. Ha. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Something happening to DH is one of my biggest fears as well. Makes me crazy thinking of how unprepared we are but we have 5 months+ to go. You'll get there at your own pace!
  • I talked a lot about my fear of how having a child might affect our marriage, but I also just wonder if I'm cut out for this in general.  Usually I just get all anxious when I think too far ahead - OMG THE TERRIBLE TWOS, THREES, TEENS, etc.  DH reminds me to take it one day at a time and not to look too far ahead and that always relaxes me.  Like @BoraBoraBaby I also worry something is going to happen to DH.  I live in the "snow belt" and we're not scared of driving in icky weather, but I worry about him all the time now. 
    imageimage

Alexander - 8/9/14
  • I worry about the same thing. Will I be too tired and sleep through feedings? Will I have patience with a two year old? Will I be too lazy to play with my child? I can't even imagine a teenager in our house! I just sighed big time. It is definitely one of those things you have to take one day at a time, probably more than any other thing in your life.
  • edited January 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm terrified that if my child is handicapped, my other one will get neglected. It makes me pretty sad, and I'm cherishing all the snuggles I can get right now.

I'm also scared something will happen to DH. I was prepared to take care of my kids and knew exactly what I would do with finances etc, but now with the increased risk of a handicapped child, I don't know what I would do. I guess I'm screwed if something were to happen.
  • I'm with you @BoraBoraBaby. I'm so afraid things will change so much that our relationship becomes a burden. DH is my best friend. We have so much fun together and rarely fight. I'm just afraid of losing all of that. And I've always been afraid of something happening to DH. It's a reoccurring nightmare for me. I honestly have no idea how I could live without him.

I work myself up over every little pain, thinking something is wrong with the baby. And before dr appts? I practically my breath until they find the heartbeat bc I'm so scared they won't find it. That's why I won't get a home doppler because I would freak if I couldn't find the heartbeat.

Yeah, my fears and anxieties are out of control. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I tried talking to my best girlfriend about this because she just had a baby in December. She told me she didn't worry about any of that and just took it day by day. I was like great...now I'm just crazy. Lol
                                                           photo Loss_zpse03013d0.png      image

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"