October 2013 Moms
Options

Link your favorite crockpot recipe

I was reading in the dinner thread that a lot of you use your crockpot for dinner regularly. I have used mine maybe 3 times since we have been married! What are your favorite recipes? I would love to make cooking dinner easier. 

Me 26, Hubs 32
Married 7.14.12
DS 10.29.13
BFP 06.20.16
*It's a boy!*
EDD 03.03.17
                                                      BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Link your favorite crockpot recipe

• Options
    Jalee85Jalee85 member
    edited January 2014
    I love my crockpot!

I just made chili in it the other day it was amaze balls! I mixed 2 recipes together, but I wrote it down. I get most of my recipes off of Pinterest. I'll try and get back tomorrow with the recipe.

Turkey Breast in the crockpot is good just take a turkey breast season it, put some onions and chicken broth at the bottom cook on low for 8 hours.

Chicken Tortilla Soup -
    https://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/89539/slow-cooker-chicken-tortilla-soup

Chicken and stuffing -
    https://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/228109/slow-cooker-chicken-with-stuffing
    (Reminds me off thanksgiving, so good)

April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    TXswissmissTXswissmiss member
    edited January 2014
    I'm trying a new one today so I'll get back to this thread later to update...! I'm excited to see everyone else's. I heart my CP as I often have a million times more energy in the morning. Who wants to fully prep and cook come dinner time??? Nope octopus.

ETA: this delicious recipe.  Slow Cooker Mexican Pulled Pork Tacos...mmmm and YES put the olives on it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    March Siggy Challenge: whatever you want! --> ORIGINAL CHALLENGE: GIF YOUR BABY!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is really good too!
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    Thanks @skyjewell23 for starting this discussion! I wa wondering the same thing. I've tried soooo many crockpot recipes blindly, out of cookbooks, and 90% of the time they're really underwhelming, bland, and mushy. I would love to hear some firsthand recommendations!
     BFP #1: 3.2.13 | EDD: 10.21.13 | Born: 10.25.13
     BFP #2: 9.9.14 | EDD 5.13.15 | MC: 9.24.14
    BFP #3: 1.4.15 | EDD 8.23.15
  • Options
    Chili. No recipe but it is super easy - ground meat (browned) + whatever you want + fixings to eat with ( chips, sour cream, cheese, etc...) = delicious. I've made it with a shit ton of veggies and beans, with chorizo and other sausage, with ground turkey, and even with chicken. Needless to say, we LOVE chili in this house. (8 hours on low, 4 on high)

• Options
    My crock pot strategy is after LO is in bed for the night, I do the chopping and measuring and get everything all set in the crock pot.  Then I put the crock part in the fridge until morning.  In the morning (which is always busy for us), I pull out the crock and cook it.  Nice.

Chili is probably the easiest truly.  We also do a shredded chicken using a recipe someone else shared on TB previously--basically it's chicken, soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, cooked til soft, then shredded.  Except I add carrots because they're tasty and good for you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image
  • Options
    Love my crockpot!

Chicken tacos- 1 pound of boneless chicken thighs, a jar a salsa, a can of diced green chillis. Yum.

Garlic white wine chicken- 4 chicken breasts (sear them first) 1 cup of white wine, 3/4 cup of broth, a tablespoon of fresh rosemary, 1/3 cup of flour (we are gf and it works great with gf flour too) 3-4 gloves of chopped garlic, 1 chopped onion.

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
  • Options

Just made Cafe Rio Chicken last night - it was good.  We are going to use the leftover chicken to make quesadillas tonight

4-6 Chicken Breasts, 1/2 a small bottle of Zesty Italian Dressing, 1 Packet of Dry Ranch Dressing (3 TB), 1/2 Cup Water, 1/2 TB of Minced Garlic, 1/2 TB Chili Powder, 1/2 TB Ground Cumin, Combine all ingredients in a Freezer Gallon Ziplock Bag.  Once ziplock bag is closed, take your hands and combine all ingredients together well.

To cook: Take the Freezer Meal out of the Freezer and hour before starting OR run it under some room temperature water for about 30 seconds.  Dump meal in the a Crockpot and cook on Low for 4-6 hours!

https://www.overthebigmoon.com/super-fast-chicken-freezer-meals/

I liked this yesterday but here it is again:)  Prep meals for 2 weeks on a weekend

• Options
    I haven't tried it yet, but I saw this one on the Today Show. You cook it once and get 5 different meals from it. I'm going to try it next week. I'll let you know how it turns out!

https://www.today.com/id/54169311/ns/today-today_food/
    TTC since August 2011
    DX: Unexplained Infertility
    IUI #1: Clomid 50mg + Ovidrel + IUI: 11/3/12 - BFN
    IUI #2: Clomid 50mg + Ovidrel + IUI: 12/5/12 - BFN
    IUI #3: Clomid 100mg (CD 3-7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 9 & 11) + Ovidrel (CD 13) + IUI: 1/10/13 - BFP! EDD 10/3/13
    **P/SAIF welcome!**
  • Options
    bkeane619bkeane619 member
    edited February 2014
    German Short Ribs but I use stew meat instead. Serve over noodles, I also like it with red cabbage. It's great for company too. Edit: I double the sauce

imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I LOVE making chicken tortilla soup in mine. You just dump everything in (from the freezer) and cook on high. It can be ready indas little as 2.5 hours if you use chicken tenders (fresh or frozen) rather that breasts. Delicious!

Pulled pork is great too.

ETA: I just saw you wanted links. I don't have one for the soup,I just eyeball everything as I throw it in. If you want me to expand on how to make it, I'll be happy to tell you. Seriously, so easy! Takes me less than 5 minutes to put together
  • Options
    One of my favorites is a Chicken Jambalaya recipe from Better Homes and Gardens. It's a little bit of a cheat because you use the jambalaya rice mix, but it's super easy and great for cold wintry days. I usually double it and freeze the leftovers for another night.

https://www.bhg.com/recipe/chicken/chicken-jambalaya/

Slow Cooker Chicken Jambalaya

8 ounces of skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    1 16-ounce package of frozen loose-pack pepper stir-fry vegetables (yellow, green, and red sweet peppers, and onions)
    8 ounces of smoked turkey sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
    2 cups of water
    1 14 1/2 ounce can of diced tomatoes with jalapeno peppers
    1  8-ounce package of jambalaya rice mix

1.  Cut chicken into 1/2-inch strips. Place frozen vegetables in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Top with chicken strips and turkey sausage. Add water, undrained tomatoes, and seasoning packet from rice, if present.
    2.  Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Stir in rice. If cooking on low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Cover and cook 45 minutes more or until most of the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Makes 6 servings.

• Options
    Herefishy87Herefishy87 member
    edited January 2014
    I made this the other night and it was really good! I also mixed in canned carrots after it was done.
    *i used spaghetti instead of rice or lo mein noodles
  • Options
    This is one of my favorites and super easy!
    Taco soup!
    1 lb hamburger browned
    1 pack taco seasoning
    1 pack ranch seasoning
    Water, around 2-3 cups
    1-2 can black beans, drained
    1-2 cans rotel w/ liquid
    1 can corn w/ liquid
    1 can creamed corn
    1 can kidney beans, drained
    Put all in crock pot on low 4-5 hours high 2-3
    I like cheese and sour cream in mine, then top it off with tortilla chips!!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    One of the things I get the most requests for with my Catering Company is my Turkey Chili. Here is the modified home version. 2 lbs lean ground turkey (93/7) 2 28 oz cans petite diced tomatoes 1 4 oz can of diced green chiles 1 15 oz can Chili Beans(optional) 4 packets of Chili Seasoning You can brown the meat before, or just throw everything in. I usually let it go about 8 hours on low. I also add about a tablespoon of additional chili Powder and Cayenne. We like it spicy! I topic with Sour Cream, Shredded Mexican Cheese and fresh jalapeños. this makes a lot, but it does freeze really well:)
    married 7.27.12 TTC since Nov 2012 Me 36/DH 32 BFP Valentines Day 2013
  • Options
    I'm book marking all of these! Thanks ladies!

Me 26, Hubs 32
    Married 7.14.12
    DS 10.29.13
    BFP 06.20.16
    *It's a boy!*
    EDD 03.03.17
                                                          BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Lasagna Soup!!!

It's not technically a crockpot meal, you have to brown the sausage first, but I will throw it in the crock anyways. I just tweek the recipe a little bit, but it's SO good! I use breakfast sausage instead of italian.

https://thedeenbros.com/recipes/recipe_detail/393/

Feb Siggy Challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"