May 2014 Moms

Team green moms: birth question

This is my first team green baby. I am so excited for that moment when I hear " we have a ____ and whatever follows that." My question to you ladies is how did that moment go for you?

Re: Team green moms: birth question

• We found out the sex for our first two kids who were girls and were team green for our third child. We were convinced the baby would be a girl since we thought we only made girls. The baby was born and I looked down and saw the sex at the same time as the doctor and my husband. We all kind of yelled at the same time, "It's a boy!" My husband and I couldn't believe it. It was definitely an awesome moment. We decided to find out the sex this time because the two youngest kids will share a room so I wanted to make it gender neutral if necessary. I thought this baby was a boy since the pregnancy is similar to my pregnancy with my son. This baby is a girl so I imagine the delivery room surprise would have been awesome. I really have horrible intuition. Congrats on waiting. It really was an awesome experience.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers mc #1 2/17/06 mc#2 8/3/06 mc #3 9/7/09
  • Our doctor let my DH do the announcing. We were absolutely convinced it was a boy and she ended up being a girl, complete and utter shock!
    We are team green for this one as well but we aren't making any predictions this time.
  • Loading the player...
  • The doc announced "it's a girl" and i turned to DH and asked Did you hear that?! Everyone had been telling us LO was a boy so after being up for 24 hours and completely exhausted I think I was surprised when it wasn't a boy! My mom still tells the story of DH running out to the waiting room and telling everyone I have the most beautiful baby girl. My Mom swears she knew it was a girl and everyone else was surprised. We are team green again and wouldn't do it any other way!

little chkn born 06/30/11

baby chkn born 04/22/14

05/13 image 07/13

• It was an amazing moment!  There was a lot going on, so it wasn't as exciting as in the movies, but the MW did say it's a girl as she handed her to me.  DD was born sunny side up after pushing for two hours, so having that good news was so amazing.  We joke she was born sunny side up so she could show the goods right away.  It was exciting enough we are doing it again!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Even though I was in the OR, it was still exciting. They let my husband announce, "it's a boy!" But that was what we had thought all along. Then we just needed to decide for sure on his name. We didn't name him until we saw him, just to make sure the name fit.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • mmks said:

Even though I was in the OR, it was still exciting. They let my husband announce, "it's a boy!" But that was what we had thought all along. Then we just needed to decide for sure on his name. We didn't name him until we saw him, just to make sure the name fit.

Our DS was un-named for the first 36 hours because we wanted to make sure it fit.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Best moment of my life, hands down. My husband said "We have a son!" and I love that he said it that way. 

We had 3 boy names picked out, so we ended up not figuring out which one fit him for about 36 hours after he was born.
    Married 08.06
    Started TTC 05.08
    Me: Stage II endo, borderline high FSH
    DH: perfect
    1 lap, 5 IUIs = 4 BFNs and 1 c/p
    2 IVFs, 2 FETs = 1 BFN, 1 c/p, 1 ectopic and finally a sticky BFP in May 2011!

1 FET in Aug 2013 = BFP! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Best moment of my life, hands down. My husband said "We have a son!" and I love that he said it that way. 

We had 3 boy names picked out, so we ended up not figuring out which one fit him for about 36 hours after he was born.
    We knew in advance that we were having a boy but still walked in to the hospital with a list of 3 names and took 36 hours to pick!!

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• MH looked over at me with the sweetest look and said "It's a girl." It was the most amazing moment. Just perfect. 
    And then I saw her and looked up in horror because that giant lob sided cone head was the real surprise. My OB and the nurses assured it was completely normal. And it was gone in an hour. Crazy.

• My doctor is suppose to let DH do the announcing, and I think that's going to be a really awesome moment.

A co-worker pointed out that being Team Green is the best (sorry Team Pink/Blue) because once you have the baby and DH or the doctor says "It's A ..." it's actually a surprise and you have something extra to be excited about, whereas if you find out, and your doctor says "It's a girl!" you're all "Yeah... I know." Unless your ultrasounds were wrong, then I think that's the ultimate surprise. ;-)

:)
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • i am 26 weeks and the sonogram i had 2 weeks ago showed a baby with knees in its chest and hands by the face there was no way to tell and by this point i almost want to wait and be surprised but how do u all deal with what to register for and clothes and things i dont want to receive a 100 green or yellow outfits lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was team green with my first. Of course while pushing the baby out I was not even thinking about it then after when my SO said it's a girl was nice to hear but didn't sink it right away
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"