November 2013 Moms

Ergo question

Mum2Be28Mum2Be28 member
edited January 2014 in November 2013 Moms
I used the Ergo with the infant insert a few times when DS was really little and it was great. But now he is in the 14-15 pound range and so I assume he's too big for the infant Insert. So what is the best way to wear him at this age/weight? I looked at some pics and tried putting him facing me with legs straddled out around my tummy and he screamed bloody murder. I'm a size 12 so at first I thought maybe I'm just too big for him to straddle until he's bigger? So then I tried just sticking him in the ergo with his feet in with out the infant insert, but he kept pushing his feet out the bottom and I was scared he would fall through or get half way stuck.

Thoughts?

Re: Ergo question

• Kapaajoy said:

Try rolling up a blanket to put under his bum, which will sit him up higher and make sure the waist strap is pretty tight, then he can't fall through.

Thanks! So I let him sit on the blankie and then stick his legs out straddling me?
  • I'm at this stage too, though our baby's smaller.  I use the insert to support her head and have her legs straddle me.  She complained at first, but she's used to it now, and it's better than when her legs were scrunched up inside the insert.

I wonder if the little pillow that came with the insert might be helpful?

Iris born Halloween 2013! 6 lbs, 1 oz, 18 inches long

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    March 24bimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • M is 12 pounds. I wear her without anything in it and legs out. She's comfy and loves it. She doesn't like when I use a "seat" or try keeping her legs froggy.
    BLAD reppin'

• Also I heard you can use a rubber band to pull the seat smaller for legs out.
    BLAD reppin'

• Maybe your babe just doesn't like it? :( hope that's not the case. I'm a size 10/12, DD weighs 14 1/2 lbs and passes out within minutes every time I place her in the ERGO (positioned facing me with legs out either side) I've been using it since she was just a few weeks old and never used the infant insert.
  • And also adjust the straps a lot. My friends baby always cried in the Ergo but she kept adjusting the straps until it was comfortable for both of them. Don't give up.
    BLAD reppin'

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"