September 2012 Moms

Weekend travel

So this weekend we're traveling 3 hours north to visit my brother. The only place to really stop along those 3 hours is 1 hour away from us. DS hasn't been in the car for longer than 2 hours at a time and that was last summer. We're bringing a portable DVD player and we'll have snacks and toys. My question is when would you leave? He's up no later than 8am and usually takes his nap between 1 and 3pm. We're torn on when to leave to make the ride as smooth as possible. TIA!

Re: Weekend travel

• Is he a good car napper?

• I would leave around noon, give him lunch I'm the car and then let him fall asleep. My parents live about 2.5 hours away and I usually make the drive during nap time.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I like to leave bright and early no matter how long the drive is. And just a suggestion, if you have videos of your child burn a DVD. DD doesn't care about TV at all, but I found out tonight that she will watch herself on video for an extended period of time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • PokedotPokedot member
    edited January 2014
    Is he a good car napper?

Is he a good car napper?

Is he a good car napper?

He is a good napped but I'd hate to leave that early. We're going up there to meet my new niece and spend time with my side of the family. If we left at 1, the earliest we'd get there would be 4 and that's with good weather. They have over 200" of snow right now ::shudders:: ETA I have no idea why it quoted you 3 times!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"