Breastfeeding

BFing frequency for 8 months

DS only nurses well 4-5x day. I constantly offer but he is too busy. Is that enough for an 8 month old? I only BF my first baby for 8 months and she was nursing 7-8x a day when I weaned.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
#1 born December 2011
TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
#2 born May 2013
TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
#3 born August 2015 
#4!!!!!!! due June 2017 

Re: BFing frequency for 8 months

• That's about what we get too. Around 4 good nursing sessions. I put him to the breast about 9 times a day, but the other times are quickies or when he is going down for a nap.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We just went for our 9 month appt today. I was worried because my LO has also cut down on nursings, and I really feel my supply is going down too. The nurse practitioner/LC at our pedi office made me feel better by reiterating the question about having 5 wet diapers a day. That, along with the fact that she was in the 90th percentile for weight, she said not to worry.

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• Loading the player...
  • That's about how long my LO nurses. She has a good feeding in the morning and at night, and has two or three shorter, but good enough feedings throughout the day.
  • My LO is just turning 9 months old and he's so active he only wants to nurse 4-5 times a day as well. Usually he will only have a "good" nursing session before a nap or at bedtime. He's become much more interested in solid foods and feeding himself finger foods within the last month as well. I've been offering water with meals to make sure he has the chance to get extra fluids during the day.
  • DD is 8 months and nurses so fast sometimes that I wonder if she even got enough. I always thought it was because she was used to the bottles and didn't want to nurse. To make sure she gets enough I sit in a quiet room with no distractions. She will wake around midnight and 4 am and get in really good nursing sessions.
    TTC since May of 2011. DX PCOS July 2012 SA: morphology 1% motility 47%. U/S 8-20= 3 mature follicles: 56mil sperm after wash IUI #1 + 100mg of clomid + tigger=BFP 9/4 bloodwork hcg 156 progesterone 40BabyFetus Ticker My Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"