July 2014 Moms
Options

Gender/Sex Reveal Parties... Do Other People (Besides Parents) Actually Enjoy Them?

2»

Re: Gender/Sex Reveal Parties... Do Other People (Besides Parents) Actually Enjoy Them?

• Options
    I'm having a brunch with just family, my BFF and DH's BFF. I have 4 siblings, all with SOs, so everything turns into a party just with the amount of people. I'm hosting it myself and was very clear about no presents, no decorations, and no games. We are just having brunch with pink cupcakes.

I also did cupcakes at work. We're a super small office and always eat lunch together anyways, so I just brought cupcakes one day and told them that they would find out the sex if they ate a cupcake. Everyone very quickly dove in and seemed to enjoy it. I totally agree that it's attention whorey, but hey, everyone had fun.

BFP #1: 3/23/13, EDD: 11/22/13, MC: 4/2/13
    Convinced it was a boy and missing him every day!
    BFP #2: 10/25/13, EDD: 7/3/14, Grow baby Grow! Anabelle Rose born 6/6/14 

image     image

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic August Siggy Challenge: If Babies Could Talk
  • Options
    My cousin did one, but it was only with family (which is a ton of people where they live). Everyone really enjoyed it, but besides close friends and family, I feel it's kind of pointless...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are just going to take cake to my parents' house for a regular family dinner and after dinner cut the cake and let everyone see... I love parties and I'd definitely go if it was a close friend but I've declined going to some because I didn't know the mom-to-be very well...
  • Options
    I've never been to one but I think it would be fun! I'm planning on doing one but piggybacking it onto our housewarming open house. I figure I'll send out an invite for the open house party to celebrate our new home and just say at 3pm or whenever we'll be announcing the sex of our new addition. That way people can come by stay however long and not be pressured into sticking around if they don't want to. I don't plan on doing any cheesy games but I love the idea of having everyone cast their votes.
    Chase Alexander 12-11-01
    Sierra Nicole 6-15-05
    Avery Lyn 8-2-12
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    abchittamabchittam member
    edited February 2014
    Just throwing this out there…

There were more people at my gender reveal party with DS than at my actual baby shower. Maybe that means they genuinely wanted to know? Or maybe they enjoy the parties as long as they aren't expected to bring gifts? I don't know and I don't care because it wasn't my idea in the first place. My SIL begged to throw me a gender reveal as soon as she found out I was pregnant. She's big into throwing parties and she had never had the chance to do one. It was cute; and like I said there were a ton of people there.

Gender reveal was done first at 20wks and baby shower at 32wks.

ETA: the gender reveal was only open to close friends and family and gifts were not brought or expected
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I think something simple like a dinner just for family with a cute way to announce is fun and special for the people that will truly matter in your childs life. Over done, extravagant gender reveal parties are unnecessary and make other moms feel bad like they aren't being the "most creative mom." Reminds me why I'm not on Pinterest...it's terrible and makes other women feel like shit for not being the "best."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"