September 2013 Moms

Is anyone taking Reglan?

I am about to start Reglan as a last ditch attempt to boost my supply. Just wondering if any of you ladies are taking it, and if you're noticing a difference? Also wondering if you are experiencing any side effects? TIA!

Re: Is anyone taking Reglan?

• blondii428blondii428 member
    edited January 2014
    I'm not, but I was reading about it a few days ago and it looks like depression is the most common one.  Unless you have a history with it though, you should be ok.  Good luck!

photo b2867ff1-04fd-412f-991f-a3e09638ec0f_zps4503f4a7.jpg 

• imakeeff0rtsimakeeff0rts member
    edited January 2014
    I'm mobile so pardon any typos.
    I took Reglan. I did not notice much of a jump in supply. Not only is depression a side effect, but so is tardive disconesia(sp?) which is an irreversible neurological disorder.

I HIGHLY recommend domperidone (motilium). You can purchase it from inhousepharmacy.biz. There are fewer side effects and I noticed a much bigger difference than with the Reglan. Continue taking your fenugreek.

Edit: typos.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Loading the player...
  • @imakeeff0rts how was your experience with inhousepharmacy.biz. How did you know that the domperidone was legit? I'm nervous about inhouse, but more nervous about tardive diskonesia. I just read the 3 pages of info about TD that came with the Reglan and I'm officially scared shitless.
  • @jdoud77 how many cycles of Reglan did you go through before you stopped? are you still BF or taking anything to boost your supply? I've done everything possible up to this point. I want to give my LO more milk but the risk of some of these side effects just doesn't seem worth it. Bleh : (
  • I'm taking domperidone from inhouse biz as well. I take 2 pills 3 times a day. Imakefforts... What are you taking? I don't notice much increase :( I've had good experience with inhouse biz but it takes a LONG time to get mailed to you.

• When I was researching it, domperidone seemed to be the safer alternative. Is there a reason you want to take reglan instead?

photo b2867ff1-04fd-412f-991f-a3e09638ec0f_zps4503f4a7.jpg 

• @imakeeff0rts how was your experience with inhousepharmacyan.biz. How did you know that the domperidone was legit? I'm nervous about inhouse, but more nervous about tardive diskonesia. I just read the 3 pages of info about TD that came with the Reglan and I'm officially scared shitless.

It was recommended to me by @auroraloo. I have gotten exactly zero spam and looked up the medication and the company to make sure it's legit.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• I'm taking domperidone from inhouse biz as well. I take 2 pills 3 times a day. Imakefforts... What are you taking? I don't notice much increase :( I've had good experience with inhouse biz but it takes a LONG time to get mailed to you.
    It did take me a long time. I take two 4x a day. Two 30 minutes before each meal, two about 45 minutes before bedtime (I'll have a lactation cookie or something with them). I've dropped it to two 3x a day. 

All of these drugs are pretty hit or miss - they'll either REALLY help or they won't. In conjunction with taking the domp, I also drink 20 oz. of Powerade a day, a shit ton of water, three fenugreek 5x a day, my weight in lactation cookies, and tomorrow I'll be ordering some MotherLove supplements as well. I *just* within the week got to the point where I can do one sided feeds again (my supply dropped for a couple of weeks prior to AF). 

I've learned a lot of stuff while breastfeeding - mostly it is in no way, shape, or form "free". It's taken me a lot of time, effort, tears, and money to get to this point - I've probably spent close to what a FF mom spends. I don't blame any woman that quits. If I weren't so obsessive about it, I would, too.

• Thanks all. @Blondii428 I was prescribed Reglan but I'm too chicken to take it. I will see if my Doc will give me an rx for domperidone instead. @Imakeeff0rts and @jdoud77 The breastfeeding struggle is real!!
  • @JWeber1110
    You probably won't get a prescription for it. It's use for lactation hasn't been evaluated by the FDA.

• Ah, damn! Inhouse here I come...
  • I promise it's not bad. It may take a while to get there, but it was worth it for me . Hopefully it will be for you, too. I'm going to try some Motherlove tincture and I'll let you know how it goes (I'm trying to wean off of the domp because it's more than I'd like to pay).

• @imakeeff0rts I just placed my order! I take the motherlove special blend capsules and they definitely help my supply. I'd be curious to hear about the tincture. Let me know & thanks for all of your help.
  • Yes keep us posted on mothers love. I'm going through domperidone like pez & the cost adds up. Ive done it all & willing to do more to boost my supply:)

• I'll let you know. I wish it was covered by insurance or I'd keep taking it.

• So, I ordered this on Saturday and got it by Monday. I didn't  pay for any kind of expedited shipping. I started taking it on Monday night. It is legitimately the most awful tasting stuff ever. I started mixing it with a shot of cranberry juice and it's not horrible. 

Anyway, I'd been taking it three times a day per instructions until yesterday - I took it four times. Last night, I woke up full on my left side (which NEVER feels full), and almost engorged on my right. I haven't been that full in months, even with the domp. I'll keep taking it for sure. I haven't pumped yet, but I'll update when I do.

• Off to look up this ass tasting miracle boob med........

I'm on my last box of Domp and almost through my 3rd bottle of Fenugreek.  Mothers Milk was so horrible I could not drink it but I like the thought of mixing it with cran juice.  Will not hurt to add this to the list.

How often do you pump and what is your normal production?  At work I pump every 2.5 hrs and get 3 oz.

I also have not pumped at night in FOREVER since LO is waking up every 2-3 hrs.

• I SAH and *try* to pump every time (or every other time) he eats if he doesn't eat from both sides. I try to just keep it to the right side because I can feed him from just that side and he'll be satisfied - not so with my left. On a good day, I can get about an ounce per session from my left side. I pumped about two, so double what I was getting. Still not fantastic, but better than it was. 

• @imakeeff0rts thank you for the update!
  • I just pumped because I was almost engorged - I fed on the left side and  pumped the right. On a good day, I can get 2 oz from my right (not often). I just got 3.5 oz.

• Nice, glad it's working for you @imakeeff0rts. I got my domperidone! I found a doc willing to prescribe and a compounding pharmacy filled it for me. So far, so good. I haven't pumped yet but LO slept through the night and i woke up engorged. Yea! I also ordered off of inhouse so I'm interested to see how the 2 compare when the shipment gets here.
  • I'm almost out of dom & contemplating if I should order more. I made some lactation cookies today in hopes for a little boost.
    Good job Imakeefforts!!!!
    I get so jealous of the ladies buying freezers for their stash... Mine is like 4 bags:(

• I use domperidone from inhouse, too. Without the dom I have virtually no milk. I've gotten the Motilium and the generic (vomistop). They both work fine. I take almost the max dose.
    Lots of love to my BFPB, Squishy622 <3

photo 544b4365-b9ee-4805-ba08-f19896d25dae_zpsd8a0debb.jpgphoto ed61c23b-2bf9-4622-b870-072ac0970775_zpsa90b2a73.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"