Detroit Babies
Options

Female pediatrician reccomendation

I'm looking for a female pediatrician in the west Bloomfield/ commerce area. Any good ones?

Re: Female pediatrician reccomendation

• Options
    Pediatric Care Corner Dr. Helen Economy at maple and Haggerty.  She is wonderful!
  • Options
    That's right by me. I'll check into it. Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Edgewood peda in commerce has two female drs. My coworkers kids see one of them and we are changing to thwm befoew dds 18 month appointment. Thwy arw highly recommended. Union lake peds also has a couple of female docs. They are about .5 miles from edgewood.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • Options
    I responded to your other post, but 3rd vote for Edgewood.
    Dr. Gannon, Dr. Baver, Dr. Ober & Dr. Smith are all female pediatricians there.

View Full Size Image

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Out of those who go to Edgewood...which Dr. do your children see and why do you like them? I am debating between Ober and Baver. Will go in to meet with one or both of them soon, but was just curious. Thanks!
  • Options
    I like Ober better than Baver. Dr. Baver was who we first met at the hospital and I just didn't care for her right off the bat. She also told me I was essentially starving my baby by breastfeeding. Not really what I wanted to hear at one week postpartum.
    Out of all the docs, I prefer Dr. Gendelmen. He is great at keeping his appointments on time.

My suggestion is meet with all of the doctors (or all of the females if you are set on that) and then pick who you like the best. You have TONS of appointments in the first few months so it's a great time to get to know each of them. You never know when you'll need a last minute appointment :)

Just this week I called at 4:30 pm and got a 5:45 time for a sick visit (stomach bug). The nurse followed up with me at 7:30 pm on her own time/cell phone as well as encouraged me to call the office any time after hours to speak to the on-call doc or head straight to Huron Valley ER if I thought it was necessary. I think there is usually a dr. doing rounds at the hospital after hours.

View Full Size Image

• Options
    That sounds good. I am leaving toward ober just with what I have read online about her but I may interview gendelman too, my obgyn sends her kids to him. They sound like they really have their acts together and are flexible. I'll be delivering out of hfwb and I know ober visits there. I'm sure a few of them do If not all.
  • Options
    I am so thankful that you posted this question. I am 6 months into my pregnancy, new to Michigan, and looking for a pediatrician in the same area. So very helpful info for me.  I have one question for you...I am searching for a doctor who is thorough with great bedside manner that delivers out of Henry Ford West Bloomfield.  Any recommendations??
  • Options
    I go to women's health and menopause center in west Bloomfield. I see dr. Kelly Campbell. She's very nice, not overly friendly but very calming and practical. She and I think most of the drs at that office deliver strictly out of hfwb. That's where I will be too. I have also heard good things about another female dr there who's name starts with an m like marcone or something . I'm sure they are all good.
  • Options
    I also go to Women's Health Center. My main doctor is Dr. Shiri Gordinier, but I also really like Dr. Campbell. They all delivery out of HFWB. When you are pregnant, they recommend  you meet each of the doctors because they do rotations at the hospital and whoever is on call will be the one delivering your baby. I had a scheduled induction that started w/ Dr. Campbell and ended with Dr. Gordinier performing my c-section two days later.

View Full Size Image

• Options
    @noragerman86 my friend also sees Dr. Campbell and that's how her and I found out about Edgewood :)

View Full Size Image

• Options
    Yeah I've been going to Campbell for about 2 years. She said she'll introduce me to her partners in case they deliver my baby. I mentioned to her that someone reccomended Edgewood and she says she takes her kids there too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"