1st Trimester

When did your nausea peak?

I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow, and my nausea has been practically incapacitating for the past 2 days. I feel so bad for my poor husband because I can hardly get anything done at home. I'm trying to avoid taking medicines especially since I haven't actually been vomiting. My OB told me that hormones peak at 10 weeks, so I'm hoping that maybe this is the worst of it?

If anyone has found weeks 11 to 12 to be a plateau point (or an improvement!), I'd love to have something to look forward to.

Re: When did your nausea peak?

• I hope you're better off than I am! The first 10 weeks or so were pretty good other than being exhausted. Then, ms showed up with a vengeance from week 11 through now (13 weeks). It's been awful. Good luck!
    <{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 <a href="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Trying to Conceive">BabyFruit Ticker}>
  • Mine started at 7-8 weeks and has continued to get worse. I hope it will be over soon for us all.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Peaked around 8 weeks, never got better. Hyperemesis is BRUTAL. Finally stopped vomiting and needing the IV around 30-32 weeks-ish, and even now still have good days and bad ones.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My MS started at exactly 6 weeks and was the worst between 8-12 weeks. I am still having some nausea and vomiting and I am 24 weeks. I was the same way with DD...sick the entire pregnancy. Hopefully things will get better for you, but if you need meds by all means take them. Zofran worked well for me, but  I still had the occassional "puke fest" some days.
  • Week 14 and still peaking. On max Zofran each day and getting IV fluids at least once per week.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm 10 weeks tomorrow and was hoping for some better news....I'm still holding out hope that soon the ms will start to improve, maybe by week 12?  Fingers crossed it's soon for all of us!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 11 weeks tomorrow...today has been the worst so far, hoping ms will ease up soon!
  • 8 and 9 were the worst. Since then it's been once in a blue moon. The gagging is still there, just not the actual getting sick part thank God!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hang in there, most women's nausea goes away after the first tri. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• With DS I started feeling really good at 10 weeks. It was great. I got my energy back, no more nausea, just started feeling like a new person in general. Hang in there!! 
  • I can't pin point when the nausea started because I had OHSS which also cause nausea but I felt great and was eating normal again by 9-10 weeks. Sea Bands helped take the edge off for a while.
  • I'm in the same boat, but I'm at six weeks. Can barely get out of bed without getting sick or feeling like I'm going to. I have an appointment next week, I think I'm going to ask for zofran. I hope you start to feel better soon!
  • With my last pregnancy, morning sickness started at 6.5 weeks and I had it every day for a long time.  I don't recall any week being worse than another.
    At 11 weeks - I had my first nausea free day.
    At 12 weeks I had 3 nausea free days.
    By 14 weeks - it was over

So maybe it will dissipate soon. 

The exception was getting stuck in traffic.  I had exceptionally high motion sickness through the whole pregnancy.  I had one particularly bad trip in my 7th month where I didn't make it to ceremony because I kept having to pull over in my fancy dress and manage the situation.  It was horrible.

Also at 11 weeks heartburn started to really kick in, but hopefully you won't have that.  I took medication for it starting in the 2nd trimester because mine was unbearable.  Because the medication helped, that was better than morning sickness.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"