February 2013 Moms

NBR-hair dye

I have a few random gray strands that i need to cover it. I have gotten it done twice before but in all honesty its taken 2 hours and i work full time and just dont want to spend my saturdays getting my hair done. Does anyone use any boxed color at home...if so what do u reccommend?

Re: NBR-hair dye

• Clairol nice and easy.
    Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
  • I used box color most of the time. I don't like the time consumption of getting my hair done, although it is better. I don't use the same brand all the time though. I used Feria recently and still had some grays, but that I think is me doing a crappy job. I usually use loreal preference. But do not use Revlon. It fries your hair.
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't dyed my hair lately, but I usually get good results with Clairol Natural Instincts.  I have some gray as well, and after I dye my hair, the gray doesn't match the rest of my hair exactly, it's always a tad lighter, so it looks like I have highlights, which is actually pretty neat. :-)

• I don't recommend boxed hair color because it's really damaging for your hair. It's better (and just as easy) to buy color from a beauty supply store and mix it. I use Color Charm color, and mix it with 20 volume developer. It tells you the ratio on the box...it's usually 1 part color to 2 parts developer. Then just use a color brush or put it in a squeezy bottle and you're good to go!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• @Ibonga1 Are you a cosmologist? Because I've got hair questions!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• My mom was a hair stylist! I just learned a lot from her!

• Cool! @Ibonga1 Maybe you will know. I have highlights that I put off getting touched up, then I found out I was pregnant. Now my stylist won't do a touch up. I have my wedding reception coming up in a few weeks and I'd really like to not have the skunk look. Can I still get highlights? Is there a better process? Or should I just go back to my natural dark?

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• It's fine as long as you're in a room that is well ventilated. There's a myth that bleach will soak into your body through your scalp and hurt the baby. My normal hairstylist refused to use bleach on my hair when I was pregnant the last time too. But especially with highlights, you don't even have to use that much color. The only problem I ran into was my hair turns more brassy when I bleach while pregnant, so I have to use a toner or color with more of a blue/purple undertone. My hair is slightly darker than platinum blonde right now, and I plan on keeping it this way.

• Thank you so much. Guess it's time to look for s new stylist them. :) I knew it was a myth that the bleach would soak in, but I can't force her. Boo. She did really good.

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• My ob said the only thing to avoid while KU was perms.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"