March 2014 Moms
Options

Questions - first few weeks at home

1) How many sleepers do you have on hand for those first days at home? 2) How many diapers should I have on hand? 3) How much formula. I have to being my own to the hospital so I have the ready to feed ones but they won't last long. How much more should I have ready to go?

Congrats to my TTC buddy Madeline! Cheering for all the strong 3T ladies! 

TTC since March 2012; DX: PCOS 4/2013 
BFP 7/6/2013; EDD 3/7/2014 
Diagnosed with Pre-E: 2/15/201
Emergency induction: 2/16/2014
Baby E born: 2/16/2014 at 12:56pm. 5lb 15oz

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Questions - first few weeks at home

• Options
    Sorry for the bad formatting... I'm on my iPad.

• Options
    I have 4-5 newborn sleeper then about 10 0-3 month ones. I'm close to stores and have a lot if family around so if it looks like he is going to be in NB size for a while I will send them out to pick up a few more so I'm not constantly doing laundry. Diapers are kind of the same. I have one bigger box of NB size...maybe like 120 diapers in it then a box of size 1's. I'm not opening either and if it ends up that we don't use NB size I will return them for size 1. Either way though, by the time I go through the box, I will be ready to escape my house for a trip to the store. I think as a NB dd was drinking maybe 2oz per feeding. My memory isn't great though on how long that lasted before she drank more. If you bring one small tub you should be more than fine though!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have 7 NB sleepers and 7 NB daytime onsies. I might get more once he's born and I see how big he is. Both of my kids were in NB for about 6 weeks and went through multiple outfits a day.
    baby 2Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Eek I have no idea. Totally about to go count.
  • Options
    I have 4 NB and 3 0-3. Neither my DH or I were long or heavy babies so I feel like the0-3 might be too big length wise.

• Options
    Conservatively, you probably want to have at least 3-5 sleepers available per day to be prepared for accidents (spit-up, poop/pee, etc). Even if you plan to do laundry regularly, it's probably a good idea to have a few days supply -- so, 15 or so at the ready plus some 0-3 in case of a growth spurt! DD was only in NB sizes for about 3 weeks -- she wasn't a heavy baby, but was long (despite DH and I being average height). I think the estimate for diapers is 10-14 diapers a day for newborns. I'm not sure about formula, but maybe your doc could give you a good estimate?
    DD born 1/16/11
    #2 It's a Boy! EDD 3/23/14
  • Options
    So after reading PP I had to know so I counted.
    Newborn / 0-3 footed sleepers - 23
    Sleep gowns - 9
    Sleep sacks - 9
    Newborn Onesies - 20+
    0-3 onesies - 30+

I have addiction to buying good deals and most of them are carry overs from DS. I'd definitely get a few more if I were you. Another reason I have so many is I hate to do laundry and with only 4 you could go through 3 in 1 day easy.

Married - 5/2008
    DS #1 - Born 9/2011
    DS #2 - EDD 3/2014
  • Options
    Thanks for the post! I feel like I have nothing for LO. I need to go shopping now!
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    I needed this post so bad. Glad it showed up. I refrained from letting myself shop for anything but keepsake type items. Now after my shower I was pleasantly surprised to not be bombarded with tons of clothes. So I actually so get to shop for my own baby girl!! Hooray! Now off to find some sales... Sounds like I need some more. I only have 15 NB/0-3mo.
  • Options
    MIL went crazy when I was pregnant with DS. I haven't reopened the box yet, but I'm pretty sure I have 10-15 footed sleepers in 0-3 month size.
    LO only wore one a day, changed for bed time some days.
    He had few poop-splosions and no spit ups.
    He did poop 10-12 times a day, but I was prepared with plenty of size 1 diapers.

Not all babies spit up excessively or have poop-splosions frequently, so if you don't want to over-buy, wait to see what LO is like.
    You may only need to do laundry once a week like I do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"