August 2014 Moms
Options

GTKY: Another guilty pleasure..

I've seen a few that are about music, but I haven't seen any on TV shows or Movies.

I searched the boards, but if I missed it, I apologize.

Spill em...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GTKY: Another guilty pleasure..

• Options
    Mine is definitely some new show on MTV called Are You the One? which I know is trash but for some reason I will sit there and watch the whole episode. I even have it recording for the new episodes.. 

• Options
    I watch the Real Housewives franchise. I don't watch every episode but I'll flip to it if it's on. Also, the Kardashians.

These are seriously train wreck shows I just can't turn away from. I always feel a little dumber after watching them but it makes me happier about not being rich.
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I watch a lot of the stupid reality shows. My husband always says I don't know why someone so smart would want to watch these stupid mindless shows. I don't watch anything until at least 9pm. By that time I don't want to do anything that involves any thinking. It's pure entertainment at that point.
  • Options
    Raclla said:
    I watch the Real Housewives franchise. I don't watch every episode but I'll flip to it if it's on. Also, the Kardashians. These are seriously train wreck shows I just can't turn away from. I always feel a little dumber after watching them but it makes me happier about not being rich.
    The lady I work watches Real Housewives, when she first told me I was shocked because I didn't expect her to watch something like that. She just shrugged and told me it was her guilty pleasure and she records every episode.

• Options
    On the DVR:
    The Walking Dead
    KUWTK
    Duck Dynasty
    AHS 2nd and 3rd seasons (I haven't watched the 1st season, so I'm waiting)

As far as movies I like to watch anything and everything. I'll watch anything once. Our BluRay collection has almost reached 700 movies.
    I don't, per se, have a guilty pleasure movie.

ZBC 11/2012 & SNC 7/2014

bridemaids angry penis annie

• Options
    Ptarma said:
    I just finished Smallville and loved Dexter when it was on. That one was a guilty pleasure for sure.
    I'm watching Dexter now on Netflix, I'm on Season 4. I had started it a while back but had slacked off. 

• Options
    @mrscutforth I have heard that AHS is really good. I just am a big pansy and it looks a little creepy. So i'm skeptical about it. 

• Options
    Cops.
    DH enjoys Cops, heard him singing the whole theme song the other day, I was caught off guard for a minute until I realized what he was singing. 

• Options
    Dawson's Creek binging.. and I was watching Secret Life of the American Teenager, but after the first season I realized I didn't like any of the characters, so I stopped.  

But True Blood is another one.  I don't care how bad it's gotten, I will watch for shirtless Alexander Skarsgard all day :)

TTC since 7/12.. CP 2/13
    BFP!!! 11/23/13  Due 8/6/14 Team Girl!
    Zoe Lane born 8/2/14

• Options
    @mrscutforth I have heard that AHS is really good. I just am a big pansy and it looks a little creepy. So i'm skeptical about it. 
    I'm down for anything scary but you can't drag into a haunted house during Halloween to save your life. LOL!!

ZBC 11/2012 & SNC 7/2014

• Options
    rockyrollgirl  I'm been obsessed with Cops lately. Also...Pretty Little Liars. It's drives my husband nuts but I don't care. I'm totally obsessed (and he secretly knows all the characters too)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    haliebabyx3haliebabyx3 member
    edited January 2014
    @GaGrl07 DH watches Pretty Little Liars with me  
    He can deny it all he wants, he likes it and he knows it! 

@mrscutforth Haunted houses are a huge no no with me! I went to Scarowinds one time I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Never forget having some guy breathing down my neck. Can't handle it. 

ETA: Wrong smiley. Oops. 
    :D

• Options
    dogperson11dogperson11 member
    edited January 2014
    I'm stuck on Sister Wives and 19 Kids and Counting, too. I have breakfast with the Duggars every morning. I also watch Teen Mom and 16 and Pregnant whenever there's a new episode. I also watch The Little Couple.

ETA: added a show
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    Since we cancelled cable I don't get as much of my guilty pleasure shows, because they'll show up on the Netflix queue as recently watched.  I miss Fashion Police.  I did watch all of Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23 in like one weekend on Netflix.  James Van de Beek was hilarious.  
  • Options
    True Blood, The Real Housewives and The Golden Girls :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Teen Mom and Pretty Little Liars...@tahitiansun Golden Girls is my fave, hilarious!

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
  • Options
    I watch Teen Mom as well. I enjoy Duck Dynasty.

• Options
    I've been hooked on Real World Ex-plosion. Other than that PLL, KUWTK, Teen Mom, real housewives of Atlanta and New Jersey.

• Options
    @belle785 that Real World looked interesting this season. I haven't watched a real world in forever.

• Options

I used to watch Teen Mom and Jersey Shore when I had dish. Goes to show you how long I've been without tv.

I thought about cutting out our cable and just have Netflix and Hulu, but Hulu has made me angry lately.

• Options
    Dawson's Creek binging.. and I was watching Secret Life of the American Teenager, but after the first season I realized I didn't like any of the characters, so I stopped.  

But True Blood is another one.  I don't care how bad it's gotten, I will watch for shirtless Alexander Skarsgard all day :)
    Same. I HATED Amy. Plus I thought the show advocated/glamorized teen pregnancy/teen marriage/marrying someone cause you're pregnant. But getting back to Amy- I love the Divergent series, but given how much I hated Amy, I'm a little nervous to watch the first one in March. I'm worried I'll hate the character because I now associate Amy with that actress.
  • Options
    A totally guilty pleasure is TMZ.  I don't watch it often but I love brainless celeb gossip.
    Laura
    Married to my Middle School Sweetheart Since 9-23-2000
    Dominic Riley 10-8-2003  Abigail Mackenzie 3-30-2007
    Excited to meet Baby Boy #3 in August, 2014
  • Options
    Gossip Girl and the newer 90210 when they were on were also guilty pleasures.

• Options
    Big brother all the way. I freaking love that show!
  • Options
    When I have the house to myself, it's HGTV or Say Yes to the Dress 
  • Options
    We don't have cable (Netflix, Amazon and Roku), so the only shows I watch are Buffy and Doctor Who, both of which I am watching for the first time. I also eventually want to catch up on Once Upon a Time and watch Veronica Mars for the first time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Weepy chick flicks: Time Traveler's Wife, PS I Love You, etc. I think Steel Magnolias got me started as a kid.
  • Options
    Has anyone seen The Only Way is Essex on Hulu? Can barely understand them in the first session but that is definitely my guilty pleasure when nothing else is on. Trashy and silly. @Tori0713 I love gossip girl also!
    11.18.12 Married
    09.06.13 MC at 6w
    BFP 12.04.13 - EDD 08.12.14

• Options
    Teen. Mom! Even when I was dealing with IF I still watched. DH wondered why I would torture myself like that. I also watch scandal and grays, which are total prime time soaps, but I like that I don't have to think much while watching them.
    TTC Since January 2012 Me:37 DH:34      DX July 2013: Unexplained Infertility      New DX Dec 2013: DOR
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/13/13 M/C 6/6/12  BFP#2 2/21/13 EDD 11/3/13 M/C 2/26/13 BFP#3 C/P
    4 rounds of clomid, 2 with IUI = BFN
    November/December Retesting/Natural Cycle = Surprise BFP @ 11dpo! Beta#1 76.6@13dpo Beta #2 276@15dpo u/s#1 6w2d hb113 u/s#2 8w2d, measuring 8w4d hb168! 10w2d hb171 12w3d Verifi results are in and good! EDD 8/23 Our Baby Girl Rainbow Baby born 8/20/2014!!!
    Um...what? BFP 11/2/15!?! EDD 7/4/16
  • Options

@mrscutforth Haunted houses are a huge no no with me! I went to Scarowinds one time I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Never forget having some guy breathing down my neck. Can't handle it. 

I hate to out myself but I can't even walk thru the scary part of the wax museum. When we first moved to San Antonio, we roamed around downtown and we went to the wax museum. We got to the part where you can go thru the scary part or you could bypass the area. I started walking to go with DH and my little brother and I heard people screaming down there. I hauled ass back up the stairs and started hyperventilating and my heart pounding so hard, I thought I was dying. I get made fun about it all the time for it.

Does that mean I watched too many scary movies?! LOL!

ZBC 11/2012 & SNC 7/2014

• Options

I hate to out myself but I can't even walk thru the scary part of the wax museum. When we first moved to San Antonio, we roamed around downtown and we went to the wax museum. We got to the part where you can go thru the scary part or you could bypass the area. I started walking to go with DH and my little brother and I heard people screaming down there. I hauled ass back up the stairs and started hyperventilating and my heart pounding so hard, I thought I was dying. I get made fun about it all the time for it.

That is too funny, I have heard chainsaws and people screaming one time at a trail we were at, walked my happy little self back to the car and hung out. Lol.  DH wants to take me to San Antonio one day. He said he loved it there! 

• Options

That is too funny, I have heard chainsaws and people screaming one time at a trail we were at, walked my happy little self back to the car and hung out. Lol.  DH wants to take me to San Antonio one day. He said he loved it there! 
    It's weird because I used to always love to go to haunted houses when I was younger but I think as I've grown up and lost many loved ones in the past 10 years far too early. I always feel like I might unintentionally and fearfully see them as ghosts. You would think I would want to see them but part of me thinks that that's where I will end up seeing them in a terrible situation (e.i. haunted houses). And yes I outed myself about believing in ghosts. 
    We love it here in SA. The best decision we've ever made to move (and because of DH job change). There is so much to do here, it's so laid back, and every one is so nice. 

ZBC 11/2012 & SNC 7/2014

• Options
    Pretty Little Liars. it doesn't even make sense anymore (not that it made much sense in the first place), i feel like the writers are totally lost and have no idea what to do with the show, but i can't stop watching.

I like yarn: Learner's Per-knit

Preggo blog: There's No D#$% Stork
  • Options

Doesn't guilty pleasure mean you love a really bad show? Some of you are naming really good shows!

I HATE reality shows in general...but I like Honey Boo Boo.

And I love, love, love Americas Funniest Home Videos...I watch reruns almost nightly.

S/O and I love watching Wheel of Fortune.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    haliebabyx3haliebabyx3 member
    edited January 2014
    tealowl said:

Doesn't guilty pleasure mean you love a really bad show? Some of you are naming really good shows!

I HATE reality shows in general...but I like Honey Boo Boo.

And I love, love, love Americas Funniest Home Videos...I watch reruns almost nightly.

S/O and I love watching Wheel of Fortune.

I like Honey Boo Boo too. Definitely a guilty pleasure for me. 

ETA: Capitalized the I that I forgot, if not it would drive me crazy. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"