October 2014 Moms
Options

Third baby proving harder than the first two.

Hi ladies. I have two children a 5 years old son and a 2 1/2 year old daughter. We have been TTC since August and have had a few chemical pregnancies and a miscarriage. After getting pregnant so easy with my other two, this is very foreign to me. And very hard. I just got my BFP yesterday putting my EDD October 14. Which was also my DD with my son (good luck?) So I called my doc yesterday and she prescribed me progesterone suppositories and a baby aspirin a day on top of all the other vitamins. I really hope this lil bean sticks. Anyone else do the suppositories? It's a mess.
Good luck to all.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Third baby proving harder than the first two.

• Options

Lurker here (waiting on the Beta results).

Most women who went through IF treatment are also on progesterone, so you definately won't be the only person on it.  My advice - invest in the jumbo boxes of panty liners (if you haven't already) and change often (I know, TMI).  Also, depending on the type of suppositories, you may want to lay down for about 15 minutes after insertion to make sure that the medicine absorbs (this is mainly for the ones that are wax coated that um, drip, easily when at body temp). 

Married 10/06

Baby Girl "C" arrived on 10/07/14 (39 weeks, 6 days)

• Options
    I don't have any personal experience, however my sister recently had to use progesterone suppositories. She got pregnant with her daughter with no problems, but then had 2 miscarriages in trying to conceive #2. She's now 12 1/2 weeks after using progesterone this time. FX that this is a sticky bean for you. And yes, invest in some good panty liners!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats! I've used progesterone during all of my pregnancies. I've found its best to use a panty liner and do the suppositories just before bed. It seems to be less messy if I lay down for awhile after putting one in. H & H 9 months!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"