February 2013 Moms

Loves Robeez, Hates Shoes

My DD has been a wobbly walker for a month. We live in New England and it's freezing here so she wears socks and Robeez to daycare, though we firmly believe that barefoot is best at home for little feet learning to walk. However, at some point, she is going to want to walk around outside and will therefore need real shoes.

In preparation for that day (and because I love baby shoes and cannot resist their cuteness), I recently took advantage of a See Kai Run sale and got her some walking shoes. I put them on her yesterday to try them out and she HATED them. She became noodle baby and refused to stand up, and then laid down on the floor and cried. When she did stand up, she high-stepped like she was prancercizing. Because she was just measured, I'm confident they're the right size; she has about a pinky finger of length between her toes and the end of the shoe. Shoes on = tears, shoes off = hey look at these adorable new purple things mom got for me with velcro! I will happily carry them around! Just don't come near my feet!

As with other things, I'm sure she will eventually come around to the sensation of wearing shoes. I'm not in a hurry to force it until she wants to walk around outside in the wintry tundra in which we currently live. She's a pretty laid back baby otherwise so I was a bit surprised by her reaction, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the same.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Loves Robeez, Hates Shoes

• Noodle baby - haha!  Poor kid. I don't like wearing shoes either, tbh. I'm in flip flops most of the time :)

• kbates85kbates85 member
    edited January 2014
    LOL at noodle baby. J's not a fan either. We really won't/can't? walk with shoes on. I've heard really good things about Stride Right shoe's from a couple IRL moms so I think I'll pick up a pair of those. I think they sell them at Burlington Coat Factory for a decent price. We shall see.

Edit - It's Stride Rite not Stride Right. My bad :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • Loading the player...
  • DS was the exact same way. I hate shoes so I didn't force the issue. It apparently drove everyone else crazy. When my mom was watching him a few weeks ago she put the shoes on and made him wear them. She said he cried for a while at first. By that afternoon he was fine with them. I send them to DC with him and they have him wear them for part of the day. He is completely fine with them now.
  • I only put hard soled shoes on E for a bit at our wedding. He wasn't really walking/standing at The time but I don't think I'd push the issue. I'm in the whatever category when it comes to shoes :)
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• I laughed out loud at noodle baby. My daughter doesn't wear shoes just socks with grips. She has short fat feet and I literally can't get any shoes on her.
    Jenny DiLo
  • I just thought I'd add, I grabbed E's hard bottomed shoes and made him wear them today-- they almost didn't fit! I just crammed his little feet in them anyway.  :)  It was so funny watching him try to stand and walk in those shoes though! He looked like a puppy wearing snow booties. LOL!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"