2nd Trimester

Asking for advice from moms that have been through the 1st trimester**UPDATE**

Emmy916Emmy916 member
edited February 2014 in 2nd Trimester
Now of course I'm being overly cautious after having a MMC in September, but I started comparing ultrasound pictures from my last visit and I'm nervous. My RE kept bringing up how our first ultrasound looked "great" when we first walked in yesterday. After doing yesterday's U/S he didn't have any great remarks but gave me a talk on how we don't know what the future holds etc. etc. 

1st U/S 5w4d - CRL 6w0d  fluttering heart    (so measuring ahead a few days)
2nd U/S 6w6d - CRL 6w5d  113 bpm            (measuring behind with a lower heart rate) 

I'm nervous that in 9 days the baby only made 5 days of growth AND was so strong intially but now is lagging behind … did anyone ever have this with a previous pregnancy and had there LO catch up eventually? 
**UPDATE** Baby got all caught up! Measuring 8w3d and a HR of 169... So I graduate from my RE and go back to my OB!
BFP 7/13 ended 9/13 MMC BFP 1/14 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Asking for advice from moms that have been through the 1st trimester**UPDATE**

• edited January 2014
    I'm sure embryos go through growth spurts and it's unrealistic to think every embryo grows at the same rate. Also ultrasound measuring can by off if the tech or DR didn't put the curser exactly where it needed to be. There is always human error and the embryos are so small at that stage. At 6w6d you only measured one day behind which is more important than how much it grew over a period of time. At 6w5d my baby's heart rate was 122 so 113 is great. DRs can't always be sunshine and roses they have to let you know things can always go wrong so take it with a grain of salt. FWIW my baby measured behind and he is fine and caught up. I really don't see any reason for you to worry. With a previous miscarriage I'm sure your DR didn't want to be unrealistic because in every pregnancy something can go wrong.

Eta: spelling
  • Thanks for your reassuring replies :)
    BFP 7/13 ended 9/13 MMC BFP 1/14 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not a doctor, but that seems normal/consistent with my two successful pregnancies.  I wouldn't worry! 
    On our way to baby#2!  Praying for a healthy and happy delivery next June!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"