February 2014 Moms
Options

XP- Amniotic Fluid high side of Normal?

Xp with paif board. I keep reminding myself she said "normal" but just curious if anyone here has any insight. Perinatologist said fluid level is on high side of normal. I think she said 24. I was also told this by her partner a few weeks back. So I guess it's been consistent last few scans, I'm currently 37 weeks 4 days along. Any insight is appreciated!

Me:34 PCOS, one kinked tube, low thyroid.
DH:39 lower than average count.
Married 2006. 3 failed IUIs and countless BFNs.
~IVF#1: July 2012~
7/10 Retrieval: 16r, 14f w/ICSI. 7/15 ET: Transfered 2. 4 frosties.< Poas faint+ 4dp5dt.>
Beta#1 (8dp5dt): 138. Beta#2 (10dp5dt): 355.
u/s#1: (19dp5dt) 8/3/12 one sac, two yolks! Beta 8,000
u/s#2: two strong heartbeats! EDD 4/2/12
Boy/girl fraternal mono/di twins-- lost our sweet baby girl at 22 weeks due to SIUGR
Preterm labor at 23 weeks 4 days, lost our sweet baby boy.

Re: XP- Amniotic Fluid high side of Normal?

• Options

You're still within the normal limits so its not really a big deal is my understanding. I found out at 35 weeks that I have too much amniotic fluid (polyhydramnios) and the doctor still doesn't seem too concerned, they just want to monitor because baby can move easier and possibly flip with the extra room. If your doctor was concerned they would have let you know I wouldn't worry.

• Options
    Thanks @brodenberg you're right. Don't worry unless given a reason. Good luck to you too.

7/10 Retrieval: 16r, 14f w/ICSI. 7/15 ET: Transfered 2. 4 frosties.< Poas faint+ 4dp5dt.>
    Boy/girl fraternal mono/di twins-- lost our sweet baby girl at 22 weeks due to SIUGR
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm at the opposite end with low levels of fluid. Mine is just over 7 and was the same at my last biophysical. I was supposed to be going once a week (advanced maternal age) but because of the low level I have to go twice a week.
    I've been told to drink as much water as I can. Just hoping my level doesn't go below 5 or else they'll start talking induction. (I'm at 37w 5d).
    Anyone else have experience with low amniotic fluid levels? I hope I'm not hijacking your post but figured it's related.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Thanks girls. I have an apt on Monday with peri, not because of this see her weekly regardless. If I learn anything I will keep you updated. @valentinebaby2 hope someone can weigh In on your question. I've seen a few moms have the low fluid issue post so someone should have some insight. Good luck!!

• Options
    amb2013 said:

Thanks girls. I have an apt on Monday with peri, not because of this see her weekly regardless. If I learn anything I will keep you updated. @valentinebaby2 hope someone can weigh In on your question. I've seen a few moms have the low fluid issue post so someone should have some insight. Good luck!!

Thanks so much. I'm going in today for my two ultrasounds. I'm feeling nervous that my fluid will be low and it'll be induction time! Well, whatever will be will be, right?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"