November 2013 Moms
Options

Vertical Line on Tummy

For those of you who got the vertical line down the middle of your pregnancy belly, did it go away yet?  Mine is still there and my OB said one of her patients "rubbed" it out...sounds weird to me, but I do hope it goes away!
Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Vertical Line on Tummy

• Options
    I still have mine. I noticed with a previous pregnancy it got to a point where you could scratch it off with a loofah/sponge(whatever they are called).
  • Options
    I don't know why there's a bee in my reply above. One of the mysteries of technology.
    hahaha
    Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    elrodaelroda member
    edited January 2014

It's called a linea nigra.

Beat me to it! Are you sure it's not called a vertical line? And yeah, I still have mine. I'm Asian though and I swear it is darker when you have a darker complexion.
    imageimageimageimage

• Options
    3Dewdrops said:

I still have mine. I noticed with a previous pregnancy it got to a point where you could scratch it off with a loofah/sponge(whatever they are called).

What? For realz?
    imageimageimageimage

• Options
    BTW: I just tried rubbing my linea nigra off in the shower with my loofah and nada... so yeah. It doesn't really bother me though, so oh well.
    BLAD reppin'

• Options
    3Dewdrops3Dewdrops member
    edited January 2014
    I tried scratching at mine a weekish ago and it's still going strong.  I wish I could remember how long it took.  

ETA: I just tried a qtip and rubbing alcohol. It turned the qtip brown.  Gross. 
  • Options
    elroda said:
    Beat me to it! Are you sure it's not called a vertical line? And yeah, I still have mine. I'm Asian though and I swear it is darker when you have a darker complexion.
    I still have mine and its cramping  my style. I have a darker complexion too. I'm still waiting on my areolas and belly button to lighten up.  I look like I stepped out of friggin National Geographic and shit.  

WAIT....are y'all tellin me I can rub it off?  Like its just dirt? ew...::runs to the bathroom and grabs her loofah::

LOL! Seriously, I dont even want to get in a bikini bc of it. My DH asked my yesterday if I had "dirt" in my bellybutton. Jerk

BabyGaga

• Options

elroda said:

I still have mine and its cramping  my style. I have a darker complexion too. I'm still waiting on my areolas and belly button to lighten up.  I look like I stepped out of friggin National Geographic and shit.  

WAIT....are y'all tellin me I can rub it off?  Like its just dirt? ew...::runs to the bathroom and grabs her loofah::

Sooooo dark right? Mannnn light skinned mommas are too jealous. Ha!

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    finallymom16finallymom16 member
    edited January 2014
    With DD. I rubbed mine off with a loofah and elbow grease. This time around, I didnt get one. So odd.

edited: a word
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I thought rubbing it off sounded crazy at first but then I thought about it and it actually makes sense. If it's caused by pregnancy & we aren't pregnant anymore eventually those skin cells are going to die a slough off and the line should go away. So scrubbing it off could get rid of the skin cells sooner.
  • Options
    Damned if scrubbing didn't actually help... the line's still there, but it's much lighter now.  Yay!

Iris born Halloween 2013! 6 lbs, 1 oz, 18 inches long

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    March 24bimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"