Baby Names

Boy Middle Names -Spin off of my other poll

Nmooney1Nmooney1 member
edited January 2014 in Baby Names
I posted last night about starting our boy name list over.....and put up a poll. It got me thinking more about middle names. DS has two middle names. DH made a comment last night that if this one is a boy he will NOT have two middle names. He says he feels sorry for DS (but he truly loves saying his whole name!). Every time I woke up to pee last night, I was obsessing over a boy name. Gah!!! Then I thought, why not give this one two middle names as well???? It could be a tradition for our branch of the family - boys get two middle names. With DS, his first name is just one we liked, one of his middle names is from my family and the other is from DH's family. [of course our kids wouldn't 'have' to follow in our footsteps, but it would be neat if they did]
Anyhow....what your thought on two middle names?

Lilypie Maternity tickers

My Hooligans.....Samuel Brice-Fritzgerald (6/30/10) and Payton Elizabeth (7/23/08)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

FEB SIGGY CHALLENGE
favorite wedding picture

Boy Middle Names -Spin off of my other poll 63 votes

Yay
17% 11 votes
Nay
66% 42 votes
SS
6% 4 votes
I just want to see answers
9% 6 votes

Re: Boy Middle Names -Spin off of my other poll

• I said this in another thread, but I'm not a fan of two middle names unless you are only having one child. But if it works for you and your family, then go for it!
    ~Married 12.09.12~
    ~NTNP #1 since 11.14 - Current Cycle: 2~
    imageimage

• Two middle names is nice if it has special meaning to it... like if it's honoring a family member.  Otherwise, I don't see any real need for two middle names.
  • Loading the player...
  • Two middle names is nice if it has special meaning to it... like if it's honoring a family member.  Otherwise, I don't see any real need for two middle names.

DS for example has my Dad's middle name (which was also my Dad's uncle's MN) and my BIL's middle name (he passed away when I was pregnant with DD). For this one, I would love to use my uncle's name (Edward....we were very close and he passed away when I was young) but DH wants to use his middle name (Michael). I am adamant about using a name from my family as a MN. I am my Dad's only child (he does have a step son now), and was the only girl out of all of my cousins with our family's last name. So pretty much, our family tree ended.....and I want to carry something on.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

My Hooligans.....Samuel Brice-Fritzgerald (6/30/10) and Payton Elizabeth (7/23/08)

FEB SIGGY CHALLENGE
    favorite wedding picture

• If you are using family names as middle names I think it's nice. I also happen to like how Edward Michael sounds as a middle name, so there is that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"