1st Trimester

Anyone think you'd never do this again

But are now back with baby #2?

This first trimester has been so miserable for me that I've sworn off the idea of having any more children after this one. Anyone experience that in the first trimester of their first pregnancy and then later have a change of heart?
I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

Re: Anyone think you'd never do this again

• NLewis1NLewis1 member
    edited January 2014
    I am only on #1, but I think biology kinda makes us forget about all this stuff afterwards. I've heard once they place that baby in your arms, you forget everything else. My oldest sister was SO SO sick throughout her first pregnancy (from 4 weeks to 40) that she kept saying she was D-O-N-E. She had another baby 3 years after that. Same story, was super sick, swore off more kids. Had her third 4 years after that (and her third pregnancy was a breeze). Edit: words are hard
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• The mother of my godchild was so excited to be pregnant and could not love her little girl more. It's literally all she talks about and I've never seen so many pictures of a baby in my life. And yet she still doesn't want a second child, because of how miserable pregnancy was for her.

That being said, it's only been 4 months since she gave birth, so maybe she'll feel differently after a few years? I can see how that amount of time could dull your memory.
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• Loading the player...
  • I had an easy first pregnancy so I had no issues in that regards.  There are times when my 3 year old is throwing a fit that I wonder why we are doing this again.

And, the whole biology makes us forget all the stuff afterwards...yeah...didn't happen in my case.  I am terrified about giving birth again.  I remember how painful childbirth was, even with drugs.  It was the worst thing I ever experienced.  And what scares me even more is the fact that since it's been over 3 years I know the memory of the pain has faded...which means it's even worse than I remember.  I am not looking forward to this.
    Missing our Little Pumpkin BFP 2-19-09, MC 3-1-09 Mommy and Daddy miss you and love you so very much! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I had trouble ttc my son. Years +surgery + fertility meds we got pregnant. I was sick and on zofran the entire pregnancy. It was horrible. Worst feeling ever. We said that was it. He would be our only. And look... I'm back!

BFP 1/4/2014 EDD September 14 2014

• Well I always said I wanted 2 kids. After DS I thought I was OAD, then we decided to try for a few months. We got KU right away and had a MC, got KU right away again and had another MC. So we said we would try Dec. & Jan, then we would be done forever. Well again we got KU pretty much right away. We figure if it meant to be it will work out. If not, we are not trying anymore and we will be happy with just DS. DH has always wanted another more than me. Don't get me wrong, I'm so happy to be expecting again. I would also be happy if DS was our only. What is meant to be will be & I'll be very happy either way. 
  • BLPL101BLPL101 member
    edited January 2014
    I had a lot of morning sickness, threatened miscarriage (bleeding, SCH, bed rest for weeks) and ended up having a preemie when my water broke at 35 weeks. That being said, I LOVED being pregnant and cannot wait to do it all over again. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I told my first kid he was going to be an only child because he was making me so so sick.... but here I am again. I have told this one that if he/she is going to make me as sick as DS made ne he/she better be just as awesome. I want 3 or 4 kids so I'm crazy. :P
  • I swore up and down that I would never do it again! I was so miserable, I was convinced I would just be having one. But of course now that I feel better, I'm already excited about my second!! Haha I guess it happens a lot.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • My first pregnancy was fine (this one not so much) so that wouldn't have stopped me.  I do remember saying not longer after having DS "why would anyone do this on purpose".  Having a newborn was really challenging for me with the lack of sleep, breastfeeding issues, and complete change in lifestyle.  I'm really not looking forward to having a newborn again, but the idea of having a sibling for DS was enough to make me forget how hard those first few months were.  I know that we can make it and have a really awesome little person sooner or later :-)
  • Yup.  Pregnancy was tough, but not terrible (6 weeks of nausea and and the worst heartburn imaginable in the 3rd trimester). 

But after the delivery - for months I was sure I would never go through it again.  The doctors/nurses would not let me take my heartburn meds (just let me have tums - which was useless).  I was vomitting while pushing - ugh!.  Then I had a retained placenta.  I was screaming in pain, puking, I couldn't hold my new baby.  I passed out and thought I was going to die. 

I simply can not believe I'm here again.  But my daughter is is such a joy - every day I'm so happy with her.  Adding more to our family does seem worth it. 

My understanding is that if I have a c-section - I won't have to worry about getting another retained uterus.  Bu t I talk to my doctor next week.

When I was first pregnant > having a c-section was a big fear of mine.  This time I'm much more open.  As long as baby and mom can be healthy - I'll do what I need to do.  But I'd still prefer natural. 

• While I pushed (3+ hours) with my first I swore never again. But as soon as I had him in my arms, I wanted to do it again!

• linn1376 said:

My first pregnancy was fine (this one not so much) so that wouldn't have stopped me.  I do remember saying not longer after having DS "why would anyone do this on purpose".  Having a newborn was really challenging for me with the lack of sleep, breastfeeding issues, and complete change in lifestyle.  I'm really not looking forward to having a newborn again, but the idea of having a sibling for DS was enough to make me forget how hard those first few months were.  I know that we can make it and have a really awesome little person sooner or later :-)

All this!!

• I don't think I ever forgot any of it, but to me...9 months of misery is worth the lifetime of joy your children will bring.  I think that's just the first sacrifice you make for your kiddo. 
    On our way to baby#2!  Praying for a healthy and happy delivery next June!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"