Trouble TTC
Options

Throat Punch Thursday

Happy Thursday, ladies!

Let's hear it. Who/what do you want to TP this week?

**************SIGGY WARNING**************

BLOG

Me 32 :: DH 41

TTC since November, 2011

DH's SA : Excellent

Lap and Hysteroscopy June 2012

DX: PCOS, Stage III Endo, slight Adenomyosis, blocked tube, and probable LPD

Treatments:  6 Months Lupron Depot injections; 1500 mg metformin; 3 cycles of Clomid + TI = BFN

3 endometrial biopsies all were "out of phase" 

September - December, 2013:  Break to lose weight and get healthy

40 lb weight loss but still not ovulating "in phase"  

February - March 2014: bcps + follistim + trigger + TI = BFP

Beta #1 (12dpo): 30; Beta #2 (18dpo): 500; Beta #3 (25dpo): 7,000!!! 

1st u/s 4/16: One beautiful hb at 144 bmp 

2nd u/s 4/29: hb at 166 bmp.  Graduated from RE!!

TEAM PINK! 

Baby girl arrived on Thanksgiving day weighing 7lbs 6oz and measuring 20 inches

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Throat Punch Thursday

• Options
    Looks like I might be starting it off this week!  With a generic TP at that.  A big giant TP to AF who showed up this morning.  

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• Options
    I can't post details about the TP I really want to give, for legal reasons, but let's just say that as teachers we see some crap stuff.  Some people don't deserve to be parents.

However, I do want to TP injectables.  I didn't know before I started Gonal-F that I was going to have to go in for an US every 3 days.  WTF?  Really?  DH gave me my first shot last night and it's just the unsexy-est thing ever.  He has to grab a little belly fat and stick me with a needle while I lay awkwardly on the couch and try not to look.  Let's just say I'm glad we're doing IUI and not TI because I'm really not feeling it.

Baby girl N born 10/29/14!

**Follow your heart, but take your brain with you**

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    OMG, I am about to reach through the computer to TP a friend who keeps complaining about work.  This friend is one of few who knows about my IF and MC, and who went through a brief stint of IF herself (got KU with a sticky baby from 1st IUI).  Fine, you're having an annoying week complain about it a little.  But the complaints have been coming for days now!  STFU and get some perspective, I wish that work was the worst of my stressors right now.

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• Options
    I definitely deserve a TP this week for all the emotional cutting. I just had my first IUI and went home and dug out all the baby books, baby journals and pregnancy magazines that I was given before my loss over a year ago. I've allowed myself to be way too optimistic.

Me 36 with endometriosis, PCOS, fibroid and ovulation issues, DH 40
    TTC #1 since 04/12, BFP 10/12. Missed MC/D&C at 10 weeks 11/12
    TTC #2 since 12/12
    6 clomid cycles since 7/13, all BFN
    IUI #1 (2 b2b) with clomid and trigger shot on 1/20/2014 BFN
    IUI #2 with arimidex and trigger, B2B IUI's 2/24 and 2/25, BFN
    IUI #3 with menopur injections and trigger, IUI 3/23, BFN
    7 month break

Fibroid surgery 10/14

IVF cycle 1 beginning Nov. 1st...cancelled due to follicle issues.  On hold for Dec. due to holidays.

IVF cycle 1.2- Gonal F (100) as of 1/12

• Options
    @love4science I understand your wanting to TP the parents.. The majority of my therapy clients are court ordered therapy because of abusing or neglecting their children and while some people just need some redirection and help dealing with some issues, there are some who should NEVER have been allowed to have children! Makes IF seem super extra unfair sometimes.

I also agree a lot about IF is unsexy lol.

Me: 32  DH: 33  Married: March 2004

July 2006: started TTC
    2008: HSG (normal), couple rounds of clomid through gyno
    2008 - 2010: dragging my feet out of fear and procrastination
    October 2010: first consultation with RE, dx PCOS and fibroids (DH slightly low count/motility)
    Oct. 2010 - Dec. 2012:  In DENIAL! avoided the issue because I was scared of surgery
    January 2013: returned to RE, fibroids grew significantly
    February 2013: second HSG, fibroids pushed on tubes which blocked them somewhat
    March 2013: MRI to determine what type of surgery may be necessary

July 29, 2013: fibroids (5) removed via robotic laparascopy
    August 2013 - Nov 2013 : benched due to recent surgery

IUI #1, Dec. 24, 2013, BFN 
    IUI #2, Jan. 25, 2014, BFN
    IUI #3, Feb. 25, 2014  BFN
    IUI #4 canceled due to lack of response to letrozole
    IUI #4.1 April 28, 2014, BFN

May 16, 2014: wtf consult, start prepping for IVF in June and add injects for one last IUI in the meantime
    IUI #5 started letrozole and bravelle but canceled after HSG led to new diagnosis

May 21, 2014: third HSG, tubes blocked, one at the beginning, one hydrosalpinx??
    June 11, 2014: consult, approved to move on to IVF because the hydro is not completely blocked therefore allowing fluid to move through slowly rather than backwards
    IVF #1 August 8, 2014 - 3dt of 2 embryos, BFN
    September 17, 2014 - 4th HSG, the right tube is very patent (open!!) dye went straight through this time. Weird!
    October 2, 2014 - started metformin treatment
    November 14, 2014 - blood work, brought A1C down from 5.8 to 5.5

November 26, 2014 - RE finally back from vaca and reviewed my chart, no more IVFs for rest of calendar year
    December 1, 2014 - Right after Thanksgiving, I called a new clinic and got in right away! Plan for IVF
    December 17, 2014 - ER! 29 retrieved (!!), 16 mature, all 16 fertilized (ICSI)

IVF #2 December 20, 2014 - 3dt of 3 embryos, BFN

We are done with treatment unsuccessfully. :(

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

image    image
  • Options
    I'd like to TP all of my Facebook friends who keep complaining about their pregnancy symptoms, how their husbands aren't supportive of their cant sleep/feeling fat issues, and all of the constant "Oh just wait til you're pregnant" 

Thank you for reminding me that I am the only person I know who isn't pregnant.
  • Options
    Some of you may know I've been having issues with my dog Lucy, last night she stole a 1lb jar of peanut butter (out of my pantry) and ate the entire thing, along with Hershey kiss wrappers in the trash, and threw up 3 times last night. Is it wrong to TP a dog? Lol

DH= burn vic, abn sa MFI|| ME= PCOS, Sarcoidosis, Hypohyroidism HSG-OK
    tried naturally 2011 & 2012-
    TTC with nurse practitioner 2013
    2 clomid cycles- both bfn, started seeing RE 2013 
    FEBUARY PLAN-HSG|| March Game plan-FEMARA IUI+TRIGGER 
    MARCH-BFP (beta1;104-beta2;302)-bc of hsg
    [[all welcome !!!!!!!!!!!! ]]
  • Options
    @love4science Yes ultrasounds every 3 days stink... I had to go every 2 days! As for your injects, are you not able to do them yourself?  Anything in my stomach I just did myself to avoid DH having to do them... and because it is very unsexy.

Now we are doing Progesterone in Oil which is a shot in the butt... talk about unsexy, DH get to do those every night and it's totally embarressing.  :(

Best of luck to you.
    Siggy Warning... loss mentioned

Married since March 2008 -- Me- 31    DH - 30  Trying to grow our family since 2009... Diagnosed Unexplained Infertility 

Started seeing RE Aug 2013

Cycle #1  – IUI #1  10.31.13 - BFN

Cycle #2 - IUI #2 cancelled – FAIL

Cycle #3 - IUI #2 12.27.13  BFN

Cycle #4 -  IUI #3 1.24.14  BFN

Cycle #5 - IVF #1 with ICSI(2 3bb blasts) 3.19.14, no frosties.. BFN

Surprise BFP on 6.10.14 ... Miscarried 7.7.14 

Walked away from Fertility Treatments and began to look into our Foster/Adopt License in April 2014.

Our Journey Blog...  http://salatafamilyest2008.blogspot.com/

• Options
    Many of you may hate me but I want to TP being back at work... we got 'stuck' in Florida due to flight/weather issues for 2 extra days and now i am totally still on vacation mode... I want to go back to Disney and Florida.  

Usually when this happens i just start planning my next vacation but the factor of 'what if' i do get preggo happens... ugh.. TP working for sure today.

Married since March 2008 -- Me- 31    DH - 30  Trying to grow our family since 2009... Diagnosed Unexplained Infertility 

Walked away from Fertility Treatments and began to look into our Foster/Adopt License in April 2014.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I want to TP the two ppl that were upset with me for the stupidest reasons at work! 

I was going around the hospital picking up blood samples and one of the phlebotomists was busy taking blood on a patient. I didn't want to bug her so I walked by, grabbed blood she already collected and left. As I walked by her I could hear her mumbling under her breath so I turned around. Then she says to me "I don't understand how you can just walk by me without saying hello!" I told her I didn't want to bother her (She had a needle in someone's arm!) Then she goes on about "I don't know what this society is coming to!" Like WTF? I didn't say anything so she wouldn't get distracted, why does she have to be all b*tchy about it?

So I go on with my day working in blood bank, and there is a patient is ICU who is bleeding and needs all this blood to keep them from dying. We are running out of their blood type in the lab so I have to order more blood from the Canadian blood services. When it comes in the student we are training is receiving them into our computer system. When we receive bags of blood a label prints out, but for whatever reason, we have no access to change what label printer it prints on and no way to turn it off (dumb I know). One of the lab assistants calls me telling me to turn it off because its printing on her printer and she's trying to print her own labels. I told her I'm sorry but I can't stop it from printing and can not change where it prints. She then tells me I better stop printing it and again explain to her I cannot. She then says she's going to call one of the managers. Ugh! Like give me a break!! Luckily the manager was on my side but still, once I explained it to her she had no right to be mad at me when I'm not to blame. Call the IT department, yell at them! 
    *** If you want to know where I (and soo many others) have gone, click here ***
  • Options
    I want to TP AF. It refuses to come. Been spotting lightly off and on since Tues morn. At first was just a tinge of pink, then dark brown (but still teeny amounts), and just now it seemed a smidge heavier but then nothing. I already got my BFN so I wish AF would stop dragging the while ordeal out :'(
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* February Siggy Challenge*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
     Married 2008 - DH (44) ME (30) 
     DH: Normal | ME: Hypothyroidism, hypertension, unexplained IF 
     Tried on our own 2010 & 2011 
     Started seeing RE early 2012; laparoscopy May 2012 (then took a year off) 

Infertility Treatment Reboot (2013/2014) 
    Dec 2013 | Back with the RE after a year and a half off. Clomid/TI
    . BFN
    Jan 2014 | Clomid, IUI #1. BFN
    Feb 2014 | Break (focusing on getting healthy!).

Trying to Conceive Ticker
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.
    That myth is more potent than history.
    That dreams are more powerful than facts.
    That hope always triumphs over experience.
    That laughter is the only cure for grief.
    And I believe that love is stronger than death.

― Robert Fulghum, All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten)

<3 PAIF/SAIF/PGAL/PAL ALL WELCOME! <3
  • Options
    ejrobbi said:

Many of you may hate me but I want to TP being back at work... we got 'stuck' in Florida due to flight/weather issues for 2 extra days and now i am totally still on vacation mode... I want to go back to Disney and Florida.  

Usually when this happens i just start planning my next vacation but the factor of 'what if' i do get preggo happens... ugh.. TP working for sure today.
    Sigh... Wish I was in Disney too! Going to Orlando in a couple weeks then Disney in May but it all seems so far away lol!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* February Siggy Challenge*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
     Married 2008 - DH (44) ME (30) 
     DH: Normal | ME: Hypothyroidism, hypertension, unexplained IF 
     Tried on our own 2010 & 2011 
     Started seeing RE early 2012; laparoscopy May 2012 (then took a year off) 

Infertility Treatment Reboot (2013/2014) 
    Dec 2013 | Back with the RE after a year and a half off. Clomid/TI
    . BFN
    Jan 2014 | Clomid, IUI #1. BFN
    Feb 2014 | Break (focusing on getting healthy!).

Trying to Conceive Ticker
    I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.
    That myth is more potent than history.
    That dreams are more powerful than facts.
    That hope always triumphs over experience.
    That laughter is the only cure for grief.
    And I believe that love is stronger than death.

― Robert Fulghum, All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten)

<3 PAIF/SAIF/PGAL/PAL ALL WELCOME! <3
  • Options
    ejrobbi said:
    As for your injects, are you not able to do them yourself?
    I could.  I know how.  I'm just a big wuss.  I can draw blood from another person but I can't stick myself with a tiny needle in the belly.  When I get blood drawn I stare at the ceiling and never even look at the needle even when it's sitting on the tray.  I just...can't.

DH on the other hand is a doctor, does lumbar punctures ("spinal taps") on a regular basis, and thinks my inject pen is pretty neat, so I just let him do it.
    Baby girl N born 10/29/14!

**Follow your heart, but take your brain with you**

• Options
    @love4science makes perfect sense! Best of luck to you! :)

• Options
    ***pregnancy and children mentioned! not mine*** I really, really want to TP my DH's best friend's wife! She feels the need to FB about her pregnancy daily. Updates on her baby's growth, what they are buying, and worst of all boasts about her lack of weight gain every single appointment (and how she and the baby exercise daily and checks in at the gym)! I finally blocked her posts, I couldn't take it anymore!!

********Siggy/Ticker Warning***********

Me (35) no known issues DH (37) MFI. TTC 21 months (24 cycles)
    Dx MFI with low to normal count, low motility, morphology 3%
    HSG normal, ultrasound and labs on me all normal. 

1 cycle of Clomid 50mg and TI, unmonitored by OBGYN= BFN
    1 cycle of Clomid 50mg and IUI, unmonitored by OBGYN= BFN
    Started seeing an RE!!
    2 more cycles of clomid 50mg (great response), with IUI and Pregnyl trigger (4.8-8 mil good ones after wash) = all BFN
    1 cycle of clomid 50mg (3-7) followed by Follistim 75iu (7-11) + IUI = BFN
    December 2013 DH saw urologist and is taking Anastrozole, CoQ10, and L-Carnitine
    IUI #5 natural cycle (needed a med break) = BFN
    IUI #6 Follistim 75iu (CD3-10) + Pregnyl (CD11) + IUI (final count after wash 300K) = BFN
    IUI #7 Follistim 75iu (CD3-9) + Pregnyl (CD11) + IUI on 2/20 (post wash count 12.5 million)= BFN
    IUI cancelled (DH OOT) Clomid 50mg (CD3-7) 1 follicle +(not well timed) TI = BFN
    IUI #8 and last one!! Clomid 100mg (CD3-7) +OPK before US + IUI 4/17 (post wash 8.5 mil)= BFN

Pre-IVF testing complete! SHG great and measurements taken! Labs for infectious diseases completed, FSH (5.4), TSH (1.6), Prolactin (11), AMH (2.6), Estradiol (40).

Started BCP 5/29 and Lupron 6/11 prep for IVF #1! Started follistim 225u/day on 6/28. Monitoring on 7/2 >15 follicles measuring 11-14, E2 758. Monitoring on 7/5 all ready to go!! Great follicle sizes and lining is at 9. Tigger 7/5, ER 7/7 16R 9M 3F. Stimmed too fast in just 7 days. 7/10 3dt of 2 8-cell grade 2 & 4. 7/14 P4 >60.
    Holy crap BFP!!!
    Beta #1 (14dpo) 7/21 112 Beta #2 (16dpo) 7/23 286 a Beta #3 (18dpo) 7/25 761 Beta #4 (21dpo) 2631!!! Hold on tight little embies!!
      First Ultrasound 8/7- 1 perfect little bean with a beating heart 117bpm!! EDD 3/30.
    Second ultrasound 9/2 Little bean measuring a few days ahead with a heart rate of 161!

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

Pregnancy Ticker

March 15 Siggy Challenge: You had one job

• Options
    TP Unexplained IF!  I'm tired of "the good news is....everything looks normal" shit.  Well, great!  Why the f*** can't I get pregnant?!?!  This lack of dx also makes it incredibly hard for my mother to grasp that I in fact have IF.  I can't stand all of the "well the Dr said nothing's wrong, so don't worry, it'll happen" BS.  How can I begin to fully come to terms with my own IF if one of the closest to me can't.  Also, TP my DH who has been called a "rock start" and "over achiever" during each and every one of his SAs.  On one hand it's totally great that his boys are showing up each time, but makes me feel even more guilty/inferior and deepens this feeling that something is sooo wrong with me...and they can't find out what!

On the up side, third time's the charm right?! :(
    Me: 29 DH: 31 Married: August 2009 TTC: January 2012 Clomid prescribed by OBGYN May & June 2013 both BFN RE first appointment October 2013 Tests: FSH: 8.0 Prolactin: 14.27 TSH: .949 SA: All normal HSG: both tubes clear Dx: unspecified infertility; possible endometriosis (no lap yet) IUI #1 (12/9/13): femera with HCG trigger; CD 13 US 2 follies RO 16mm & 22mm, 2 small follies LO Result- BFN (12/22/13) IUI #2 (1/7/14): femera with HCG trigger; CD12 US 2 follies RO 18mm & 10mm, no follies LO Result- BFN (1/21/14). Still no AF. Trying to keep the faith. All welcome!
  • Options
    I want to TP my former clinic which is charging $500!!!! dollars to transfer a vial of frozen sperm across town.
    Ready to take the road less traveled. 
  • Options
    TP Unexplained IF!  I'm tired of "the good news is....everything looks normal" shit.  Well, great!  Why the f*** can't I get pregnant?!?!  This lack of dx also makes it incredibly hard for my mother to grasp that I in fact have IF.  I can't stand all of the "well the Dr said nothing's wrong, so don't worry, it'll happen" BS.  How can I begin to fully come to terms with my own IF if one of the closest to me can't.  Also, TP my DH who has been called a "rock start" and "over achiever" during each and every one of his SAs.  On one hand it's totally great that his boys are showing up each time, but makes me feel even more guilty/inferior and deepens this feeling that something is sooo wrong with me...and they can't find out what!

On the up side, third time's the charm right?! :(

I totally get this. But with my mil, at the beginning she was naive to the process, "it'll happen, stop worrying" ect, it wasn't until I gave her the run down, and she was with me when I would take meds, or going to fertility appts that she began to grasp. My advice is to let her "see" more not "hear more"

• Options
    Is it too late to add one? I'd like to TP my co-workers who insist on saying "you're next!" every time the conversation turns to the gals who are pregnant or any of the babies that have been born in the past couple years. Yes, I see all the bumps and babies. Yes, I know we all got married around the same time. Yes, I realize I'm pretty much the only one who doesn't have a baby at this point. Yes, I would love to drink this magical fertile water everyone keeps referring to. NO! I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!!!!! lol. Take the freaking hint when I change the subject every time.

TTC since 4/2012
    Started testing 5/2013: all clear, official diagnosis is "unexplained infertility"
    7/2013: first round of Clomid + TI
    8/2013: more bloodwork, low progesterone, low estradiol
    9,10,11,12/2013: TI + hcg injections 3,5,7,9DPO
    1/2014: Clomid + hcg trigger + TI
    2/2014: Clomid + hcg trigger + TI, natural cycle due to cyst
    3/2014: Clomid + hcg trigger + IUI #1
    4/2014: hcg trigger + IUI #1.2
    5,6/2014: on a mental/emotional health break
    7/2014: hcg trigger + IUI #1.3
    8/2014: first succesful IUI! (but no bfp)
    9/2014: IUI #2
    10/2014: hcg + IUI #3
    11/2014: SHG (fibroid not an issue)
    12/2014: Clomid + hcg + IUI #4
    1/2015: Clomid + hcg + Estrace + IUI #5

• Options
    I want to tp myself. I'm trying to be caffeine free since I'm triggering tonight but I am dreaming of diet coke.
    10/2013 - Initial consult. Started levothyroxine - tsh 2.92
    HSG- showed graying in one spot/Saline Sono- showed 5mm polyp
    DH SA -  abnormal -  36%motility on both SA's (count and morph ok on SA1, a little off SA2)
    1/10/14 - Hysteroscopy to remove 5mm polyp
    1/12/14- Medicated Cycle 1: 50mg Clomid + Ovidrel + TI = BFN
    2/15/14 - Medicated Cycle 2: 100mg Clomid + Ovidrel + TI = BFN
    3/18/14 - IUI Cycle 1: 150mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFN
    Upped Levothyroxine to 50mg - tested at 2.62
    4/17/14 - IUI Cycle 2: 150mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFN
    Break!
    6/21/14: IUI Cycle 3: 150mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI

*All are welcome*

• Options
    There is diet caffeine free. ... but I don't need the garbage chemicals either.

I don't drink coffee, luckily.
    10/2013 - Initial consult. Started levothyroxine - tsh 2.92
    HSG- showed graying in one spot/Saline Sono- showed 5mm polyp
    DH SA -  abnormal -  36%motility on both SA's (count and morph ok on SA1, a little off SA2)
    1/10/14 - Hysteroscopy to remove 5mm polyp
    1/12/14- Medicated Cycle 1: 50mg Clomid + Ovidrel + TI = BFN
    2/15/14 - Medicated Cycle 2: 100mg Clomid + Ovidrel + TI = BFN
    3/18/14 - IUI Cycle 1: 150mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFN
    Upped Levothyroxine to 50mg - tested at 2.62
    4/17/14 - IUI Cycle 2: 150mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFN
    Break!
    6/21/14: IUI Cycle 3: 150mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI

*All are welcome*

• Options
    Is it too late to add one? I'd like to TP my co-workers who insist on saying "you're next!" every time the conversation turns to the gals who are pregnant or any of the babies that have been born in the past couple years. Yes, I see all the bumps and babies. Yes, I know we all got married around the same time. Yes, I realize I'm pretty much the only one who doesn't have a baby at this point. Yes, I would love to drink this magical fertile water everyone keeps referring to. NO! I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!!!!! lol. Take the freaking hint when I change the subject every time.

I get this all the time. People mean well but sometimes, I visualize a line of them and I can run down and TP each one. Lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"