September 2012 Moms

Opinions of the Unpopular kind...

123457»

Re: Opinions of the Unpopular kind...

• MrsKipper said:
    It makes me uncomfortable when people (I'm referring to IRL people at the moment) post pictures of kids from the daycare where they work. My kid isn't in daycare, but if she was I wouldn't want other people posting pictures and video of her on IG and Facebook. Is there a policy for this?
    Oh. The video I just posted has another kid in it.
    Totally different (and way more acceptable) to post as a parent vs a teacher IMHO.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • BobKat22 said:
    I love Aztec leggings. I've been dying to get a pair.
    Same, and I can't wait to wear them out of the house. Both with riding boots and super cute wedges!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Stasi said:
    I'm surprised at the number of s12 babies that aren't in cribs anymore. I mean, do what works for your family and keep your kid safe and all that but #babyjail4lyfe
    I know some of those folks are also following the Montessori style bedroom (as will we) where the entire room is "designed" to be child-friendly and allow them freedom and access. This means, no heavy furniture (or bolted to walls), no cords, no breakables in the room.
    I wish my baby would still sleep in his crib 100% of the time. He does for naps, and he starts out in his crib some nights, but sometimes he will not sleep in his crib. The minute I put him down on a mattress he is out like a light (for a bit anyway!) I don't like that he is up and around, but right now, this is what works.

• My niece wanted these for Christmas.  In her defense, she's 15 and is going through a gawky phase, but these leggings would not make it any better.
    I have an old friend from HS who has these. She wears them to Disneyland. No seriously. Everytime. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think this couple should get rid of their dog that stays at the hotel. He spends about 2/3 or more of the year there.

About 8 times out of 10 they never pick him up on time. When they tell us they will pick up on a certain day, we call a few hours to let them know what time we close they will say they are on their way or they will be there tomorrow. They final show up two or three days later.

He's a horrible dog (behavior wise) and not trained at all. I hate him so much.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • @beebopandbuddy I was that kid. It was awful. I don't have any suggestions, but wanted to tell you that eventually it gets better. She looks like a happy healthy girl so don't beat yourself up about it. I have apologized to my parents a few times about my awful eating habits as a child.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • @BeebopandBuddy I totally get it. I'm sorry you feel like you need to explain things. Toddlers are tough. Do what you think is best, and what works for you.

Thank you. I honestly just know what is in store for some of the FTM on this board and I want them to know they aren't the only ones that feel desperate. I meal plan, I try to offer healthy things, yet, here we are. I never thought she would be like this. It's terrible. I really hope it is just a stage for Squeeg. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Some of the moms here will likely have to deal with it though, so I try to offer that perspective.
    My Ethan refuses to eat things I know he likes. I get him to take a bite. Victory! Or not. He forces himself to throw it up.

Another fun perspective ;)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Stasi said:

danabsd said:

Oh, and this trend should go die. 

Dafuq

Yup. Saw a grown women with these on this morning..

UO... I would totally wear these with a longer shirt. They're fun and maybe I'm in age denial
  • @BeebopandBuddy I totally get it. I'm sorry you feel like you need to explain things. Toddlers are tough. Do what you think is best, and what works for you.

Thank you. I honestly just know what is in store for some of the FTM on this board and I want them to know they aren't the only ones that feel desperate. I meal plan, I try to offer healthy things, yet, here we are. I never thought she would be like this. It's terrible. I really hope it is just a stage for Squeeg. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Some of the moms here will likely have to deal with it though, so I try to offer that perspective.
    I feel your pain. Hannah will.not.eat. Like ever. It's horrible, and I end up crying at dinner most nights.

• DD1 is like this. She hardly eats anything. Most of the time she'll eat chicken, but not always. We decided not to make food a battle. I offer dinner and sometimes she eats and sometimes she doesn't. It's hard. I hate feeling like she's not eating enough.

Yes! Indy is the same. I can get chicken in him and a few other things, but it's still a gamble. I think, gosh, he has got to be starving- but nope, he'll refuse food anyway.

If it was sometimes I would be so happy. She eats bread, cheese, PB&J, most fruits, spaghetti with red sauce, yogurt, sometimes hot dogs and any kind of cracker or snack food. Anything outside these she won't eat or even try. No veggies and no real meat whatsoever. Dr. Says she will eat if she's hungry. This is a lie.
  • DD1 is like this. She hardly eats anything. Most of the time she'll eat chicken, but not always. We decided not to make food a battle. I offer dinner and sometimes she eats and sometimes she doesn't. It's hard. I hate feeling like she's not eating enough.
    Yes! Indy is the same. I can get chicken in him and a few other things, but it's still a gamble. I think, gosh, he has got to be starving- but nope, he'll refuse food anyway.
    If it was sometimes I would be so happy. She eats bread, cheese, PB&J, most fruits, spaghetti with red sauce, yogurt, sometimes hot dogs and any kind of cracker or snack food. Anything outside these she won't eat or even try. No veggies and no real meat whatsoever. Dr. Says she will eat if she's hungry. This is a lie.
    Can you puree some greens into her spaghetti sauce? 
    Me: 27 DH: 28
    Diagnosis: PCOS, irregular cycles, old lady eggs. DH is fine.
    Started TTC in January 2010. BFP December 25, 2011 between IF appts. 
    DD born August 31, 2012
    Began TTC again in Jan. 2013. 
    Four rounds of Clomid - BFN
    Fifth round of Clomid September/Oct - cancelled
    HSG scheduled for Oct. 30 - Tubes all clear
    December: Round one of Femara  - BFN
    Round two - ? 

image image image
    I had kids in my class like that a few years ago. 
    Have you looked into food chaining? I thought it was very interesting when a feeding therapist was telling us about it. Essentially you start with things they'll eat and take the tiniest baby steps. There's a book she referenced, but I can't remember the title. Anyway, it sounded useful when kids will eat some things and not others.

• I read all 12 pages.

I will wear all of the string bikinis hanging in my closet again if I ever look like I did before kids. With pride. If not, I'll give in and buy that Walmart swimsuit that gets waved around here;)
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I read all 12 pages.

I will wear all of the string bikinis hanging in my closet again if I ever look like I did before kids. With pride. If not, I'll give in and buy that Walmart swimsuit that gets waved around here;)

Me too. All 12 pages. Very entertaining. Around page 6 things got interesting when @redneckmomma25 brought up the random IGer (allegedly AEgate-herself) is following a bunch of S12 moms. I have seen her like and comment/creep up in the past week and literally wondered the same thing.
    Oh and I bought the famous Wal-mart suit at the end of last summer but never had anywhere to wear it and forgot that I did. Thx for reminding me @MississippiCatfish
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• kelbel527kelbel527 member
    edited January 2014
    Late to the party, but I did read everything. A lot of judging, not a lot of UO. I'm pretty sure my 4 year old has tried Reese's puffs cereal. It's only in our house because DH eats mega sugary cereal. We went through a phase where he ate cocoa puffs for breakfast. He eats very balanced lunches and dinners and doesn't eat sugary cereal every day (we usually go with pancakes or waffles w/ fruit). Everything in moderation. And picky eaters suck. I think I only ate hot dogs for a good 5 years of my childhood. I was a tough kid. P.S. My iPad hates paragraphs. :/

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• BobKat22 said:

I just want Reese's cereal now.

I was well into my teens before I realized it wasn't normal to eat a Hostess cupcake, ding dong, cake, brownies, large chocolate Otis Spunkmier muffins, etc. I think cereal would have been a lot better than what I grew up on. It was a really tough habit to kick once I moved out on my own and I still don't really like normal breakfast. But, I survived unhealthy childhood breakfast! 
    I was allowed to eat some pretty disgusting breakfast food, too. Similar stuff. Maybe that's why I don't care if LO has the occasional sugary cereal? (As a snack for now, not a meal.) I survived.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"