February 2013 Moms

1st B-Day's This Weekend?

I know, it's cliche but I CAN'T believe my baby's turning 1. I'm excited and sad and happy and nostalgic and in shock all at once. His birthday happens to fall on Saturday so that was lucky. We're having a small family gathering at our home but I've been having a lot of fun with the decorations and planning. I know tears are coming. It's really just Surreal..

Anyone else gearing up for a b-day this weekend? Any super fun themes/decorations?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Our Sweet Boy "LJ"

Re: 1st B-Day's This Weekend?

• We are having ds' party this weekend, his birthday was Monday. Our theme is construction. I am currently freaking out. I think we got in to too big of a project. We are in the process of completely rearranging our living room and putting dh' desk in our bedroom. And tomorrow we are getting haircuts all around, and family portraits. And I have no food for this party.

I hope you are your LO have a great party! It's so bittersweet.
  • My DD's birthday is tomorrow too :) Her party is Saturday. It's just immediate family at my IL's house, nothing too fancy. It will sort of be a Winnie the Pooh theme (cake, napkins, and paper plates) but I'm not doing any real decorating. I'm excited!
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Loading the player...
  • We are celebrating this sat with family as well sincer her bday falls mid-week. I got a package of plates, cups and napkins with penguins on them so I said its a penguin party. Lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JJ's party is on his actual birthday, Sunday--pre-Superbowl. ;) we're having a safari animals theme. i told myself i wasn't going to be my mother and drive myself nuts cooking for weeks, so we ordered a few party trays and the cake, to cut down on the work a bit, and i made and froze 2 quick lasagnas last weekend. still plenty of cleaning to do, but i think i might actually be able to enjoy the party this way.

i can't believe it's been nearly a year--a tough year, but an amazing one. and i can't believe i'm doing it all over again starting in August!

I like yarn: Learner's Per-knit

Preggo blog: There's No D#$% Stork
  • edited January 2014
    My DS' birthday is on Sunday, but we are having his party on Saturday. I'm not going to lie, we're going over the top. I love any excuse to throw a good party, and having a thriving one-year old is a pretty darn good excuse in my book. :)

His party has a bow-tie theme. His cake has a bow-tie on top, as do the cupcakes. We also ordered decorated sugar cookies in the shape of ones and bow-ties. One of my friends who is really good at decorating is helping me pull it all together. We have friends and family coming in from all over, including my best friend from Baltimore. I'm so excited!

View Full Size Image
    BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

• DD's big day is next friday, with a party the following day. We also went a little over the top with a seriously girly tea party theme! She will only turn one once....I hope that everyone's party turns out beautifully, and that we all get through them (mostly) tear free :)
  • My DS' birthday is on Sunday, but we are having his party on Saturday. I'm not going to lie, we're going over the top. I love any excuse to throw a good party, and having a thriving one-year old is a pretty darn good excuse in my book. :) His party has a bow-tie theme. His cake has a bow-tie on top, as do the cupcakes. We also ordered decorated sugar cookies in the shape of ones and bow-ties. One of my friends who is really good at decorating is helping me pull it all together. We have friends and family coming in from all over, including my best friend from Baltimore. I'm so excited!

I'm super excited too! That sounds adorable. I hope you'll post pics! I actually thought we were going low key until I ready everyone's responses. I guess we're going over the top too! Where we live it's not at all unusual for people to throw HUGE 1st birthdays. Ours is just family that lives nearby but I've spent a lot of time planning and coming up with decorating ideas. I want it to be memorable. Obviously LJ won't remember but we will! It has definitely been a labor of love! Plus, I'm with you, any excuse to throw a good party and get my craft on!
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • StephPeth said:
    DD's big day is next friday, with a party the following day. We also went a little over the top with a seriously girly tea party theme! She will only turn one once....I hope that everyone's party turns out beautifully, and that we all get through them (mostly) tear free :)
    That sounds so cute! I hope you'll post some pics!!
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • In kind of jealous of all you early birthday moms! I've still got a whole month and two other birthdays to survive before E's!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"