Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Any STM Co-sleepers??

We are pregnant with our second, but our first is 11 months old and since Christmas (when he was really sick) has been sleeping with us! We never thought we'd be a co sleeping fam but love it! Do you have any intention of transitioning your baby to his/her own bed or room? And how? We have a baby girl coming in July...he needs to be independent by then!

Re: Any STM Co-sleepers??

• With both DD#1 and DD#2 I had put them in their cribs in their own room all night long at 10 months when I did Ferber's progressive waiting. They did have experience though in their cribs from about 2 months for some naps and they started the night out in their crib. I always co slept from the 1st waking in my bed till morning.
    I think this has worked out well for us and I plan to co sleep with #3 in the beginning as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We're slowly getting her used to her crib, little by little. So far she's slept in it overnight (and not all night long) less than 10 times. She's napped in there way more than that though. That's how we started the crib transition. At first I would put her in her crib for one nap a day, then both. Sometimes I forget, or don't want to move her because she's sleeping lightly and moving her will ruin her nap. 

Now she's at the point that she realizes the crib is for sleeping. She's not too happy about it, but we're getting there.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We bedshare until she falls asleep and then move her to her crib. Teething and sickness keep her up and then sometimes we let her stay the whole time with us because she literally is tossing and turning.
    PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had ds's crib next to my side of the bed until about a week ago when we moved it into his room again.  We had the crib in his room while he was sleeping in the bassinet while younger.  Then with the holidays and the guest bed being in his room we moved the crib to our room so that we wouldn't have issues with him sharing a room with my mom or dad.  He starts off the nights there and is starting to sleep until closer to our regular wake-up time.  The benefit of moving him back to his room is that his crib is now further away from the drafty windows so he's sleeping better for not getting so cold.  Since he was already used to sleeping at least part of the night in his crib we had no problems getting him moved to his own room.....and I still bring him to bed with me when he wakes.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Our dd is going to be 10mths on thursday and she has partially been co sleeping with us. She lays in our bed to go to sleep then i move her to the pack and play I have next to my side of the bed. She will sleep in there til about 2-4am then she wants in our bed. I love having her next to me and in our bed but my husband does not agree, but he deals with it. She plays in her crib at night when we are done reading books or when i am putting away her laundry just so she gets use to it. I do want her to sleep in her crib soon though because i dont want her to be so dependent on us to sleep. The only way i can get her to sleep in it is if i put her in there while she is sleeping but when she wakes hours later she wants inb our bed again. I am not a fan of ferber and the cry it out method but i'm starting to think that may be the only way :(. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :) TIA
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"